Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official Season 3 Derpy Sighting (finally)

Black Cloud

Derpy has finally being %100 spotted in Season 3 episode 5 magic duel. She had been sighted a few times but they where usually the back of her head or a small bit of her hair. This picture accually shows her full face, sorry if the image quality isnt that good. Discuss ^^

Posted Image

Edited by Black Cloud
  • Brohoof 6

Good eye! I certainly don't recall any shots so far with her actual face, so I'm quite happy that she was included in the latest episode. I was worried before season 3 started that they'd start dropping stuff like that. On the contrary, they've really beefed up the easter eggs and references. Posted Image

Can't tell if her eyes are derped or not, I can't see her other eye. Would this still count as an easter egg, then?

Also, the DERP HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

• Brohoof 2

Can't tell if her eyes are derped or not, I can't see her other eye. Would this still count as an easter egg, then?

Also, the DERP HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

Im pretty sure if she faced the screen they would be, but this proves that the rumours of her not being in the show anymore is false. yay for derpy!!

• Brohoof 1

Good eye!  I never am able to find little things like that.  Two Derpy's in one stadium, WUT.  I was more interested though in the Lyra and Bon Bon moment, but it's nice to see that Derpy finally got a face in.

I love you derpy!  Somepony had mentioned that 'the derp has been doubled'  and it took me a moment to realize what that pony was talking about.  I paused because i thought that pony in the right corner was derpy but then i realized her eyes were the wrong color.  I thought it was cloud chaser but she was in the audience.  and then i saw her!  our muffin loving mailmare!  I will go make muffins and celebrate!  It's great to know she hasn't been forgotten.  or deleted completely!

• Brohoof 1

Nice catch.  I'm glad she returned, but with this awesome of an episode, I'd figure that she'd make an appearance.  Derpy stays!  Those rumors will be put to rest now.  

Just curious, how do we know that this these are Derpy?  I mean, I want the rumors to go away as much as the next person, but due to the lighting, it's really hard for me to tell what her coat/eye color is and it's impossible to see her cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

Just curious, how do we know that this these are Derpy?  I mean, I want the rumors to go away as much as the next person, but due to the lighting, it's really hard for me to tell what her coat/eye color is and it's impossible to see her cutie mark.

The picture is not that good of quality, if you want to see it clearly try going to that scene in the episode on youtube and puase it, also make sure its hd

The picture is not that good of quality, if you want to see it clearly try going to that scene in the episode on youtube and puase it, also make sure its hd

Ah, yes, I see now.  Much thanks.  The lighting still makes the coat look funny, but I think I can see the eye and hair color pretty clearly.  I can't remember seeing any other background ponies with features that similar to Derpy.

Great eye!  She has been spotted in Season Three before though xD  In one of the first two episodes.  She was also in the stands.  During the jousting match between RD and Fluttershy!

they have been spotted, but not her face our full body. the scene in ep 5 proves that it is actual her. she also was not in the stands in that jousting scene

they have been spotted, but not her face our full body. the scene in ep 5 proves that it is actual her. she also was not in the stands in that jousting scene

Wasn't she?  I heard a lot of people talking about having seen her in that jousting scene.

-shrug- But no ever posted any proof about it.

Oh I was wrong.  She wasn't in the stands xD She was in one of the jousting scenes though.

But, of course, it might not be her.  As her cutie mark wasn't showing and neither was her face.

Oh well.

Edited by Feather Gem

For me that scene was not enough to be a legit derpy sighting since you can only see 1 eye no cutie mark and cant really see what colour she is since its night during that scene. I will hold my excitement for the day shes a background pony not standing in a huge crowd of other ponys.

Well, her hair is the same style. Looks like the same color too.

Although, I think if it was officially Derpy, there wouldn't be two... that makes me a little suspicious. Are they trying that hard to hide her now? :|

Hmm. I wonder what they resolved with those people who went crazy over Derpy... And also, Derpy shows up in the train in the S3 intro.

she shows up in the train in the s2 intro as well, so that would not really be considered a sighting since she has been in the intro for 30 episodes

She's in two places at once?! 

Magical. ^_^ 

Nice that she's been spotted, though, and so subtly too, along the huge crowd of ponies in the episode.