Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pissed at The Fine Bros

morethanicecream

Alright, I am not the person who gets mad easily. I am not super pissed, but, am a bit. Here is the video.

Now, normally, I wouldn't make such a big deal of it, but 4 MILLION PEOPLE saw the video. Ok, reason why. A couple of people I like on Teens react, didn't see the awesome side. They basically saw the opening. A lot of people didn't like it. Why do I care and why should you.

Well, I care because they didn't see the best part of the fandom. It sort of is like judging a book based on the cover. I want them to see some contents at least, cause maybe a few might like it. I have no purpose of converting them. It would be a bit, akward. I mean, if they saw the good part, I would let it go. So, I have something I want to do, but I need to have your help.

Alright, so, I want to do this probably once, or unless TheFineBros screws us over again. So, I was trying to decide a video. Hmmm, couldn't decide for awhile.  I finally decided the video I wanted to use, or you guys can choose a different one of this YouTuber's videos. A few of you might now him as HotDiggedyDemon. He did party.mov, apples.mov, shed.mov. I think this would be showing our more crazy awesome part of the fandom (my friend is a non brony and loves these, so, it would be good for non bronys to see).

I dont normally want to do this, I am not starting a war. I just want people to be more understanding. Anyways, next time TheFineBros posts a teen react. I want you to comment on their video 'Teens React To: ___________ '. You fill in the blank. Anyways I want teens to see a video from HotDiggedyDemon. So, I have 3 of my favorite videos that you could choose from (or choose your own favorite from them, dont care.

Here is the link to my favorite videos. Click on them to watch them if you haven't seen them.

*Links Removed*

Hope you enjoy them and make sure to let them know which video you want Teens React to. Come on, we can now get teens to understand our fandom along with other people.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
Any links to NSFW or borderline NSFW content should not be posted on the forums.

Ugh, I really don't like the .mov videos. Besides, this is very old news. One of the kids in the video was even later seen wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt, so apparently he was won over( By the theme song somehow? Impressive). I'm in favor of leaving well enough alone

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 7

Does it even matter? Who cares if 4 million people think we're dumb. They're 4 million people I'll never meet, nor talk to. They don't matter.

The show is meant to be funny, or so they tell me, and hating things is a pretty easy way to make people laugh. So let those 4 million people or so have their laugh. I'm quite fine with that. As a wise man once said, "I got self esteem out of my ass".

• Brohoof 5

Atheists and Theists go at it. Conservatives and Liberals go at it. Some form of culture is going to have a critical backlash, no matter how harmless it may be. It's the circle of life, and what defines our humanity as being a bunch of competitive creatures.

Don't worry about it. I love the into. I think if someone doesn't like the intro then its a pretty safe bet that they won't like the show.

But I can agree that some people judge things a little too fast. Maybe if they showed people actually footage from the show more people would like it. But then again maybe not. It's YouTube and the only thing the comment section and the like feature exist for is so haters and have fun. Just ignore them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion even if you believe they didn't get a chance to see the show properly.

• Brohoof 1

4 Million views on the video? I bet ya 20$ that half of it are either enraged bronies or random bypassers that knows nothing about FiM and not care about it either.

Better leave them alone. The more we tried to score a reprisal, the more reason they will have to say that this fandom is even worse than before. Not to mention that the MOV series is not really the best material to brags about our fandom.

LI0IM.jpg

• Brohoof 7

This is where the post I made about who your peers are and whos opinion you should really listen to shines. Be the BETTER pony...take the high ground and let them be. If we have a call to war it should be over something earth shaking that affects us all, not one of the Fine Bros stupid youtube videos.

The .MOV videos are funny as hell. But yeah, I agree with twinkleshine, not the best material to win someone over. If you really want to show someone a good piece of relatively tame brony fan work, I think nomorethan9 is a better choice, the maker of such classics as: Epic Wub Time, Epic Cupcake/Pie Time, and Derpy Christmas (the other two Derpy videos... :(). Derpy Hooves' channel is also a good one.

I think the fact that we won one of those kids over is a good testament to us, though. Plus a good chunk of those views are probably curious bronies who wanted to check out the original video after the word came out that one of 'em joined the herd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Tc-CnuCI

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, one of the most vocal haters in the first video seems to have converted somewhere along the line, unless he's wearing that shirt to troll bronies. If it's the former case, then it says a lot about how open minded that kid is for giving the show a chance even if he didn't like it at first.

Who knows? Maybe he's even a member of this website.

It's actually kind of funny that this video has been out for nearly over a year now and Bronies STILL bring it up. To be honest, the more you talk about this, the more publicity it gets and thus the hate never goes away. If you give it less attention then people will forget about it.

Teens have a right to have an opinion, although I will say that I wanted to punch the Asian guy in the square jaw. He pissed me off with the implications of him thinking the brothers were calling him gay and that if you watch the show you're not a man. That's just not fair.

• Brohoof 1

Hope you enjoy them and make sure to let them know which video you want Teens React to. Come on, we can now get teens to understand our fandom along with other people.

I will note that a bunch of Brony's (including Dusty Katt and TheLivingTombstone) gathered together for one crazy video, and addressed the issues you spoke of in a "Bronies React to: Teens React to: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

See below for epic hilarity:

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 3

will you people stop complaining about this video and the BIG BAD HATERS and just learn to live with the fact that they just don't like ponies? i don't like preachy people who shove things in other people's faces, just saying.

This is really old, and honestly at first I was a little ticked, but then I realized it didn't matter, so I would just let it go.  Also the .MOV series is probably not the best thing to show to non-bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I will note that a bunch of Brony's (including Dusty Katt and TheLivingTombstone) gathered together for one crazy video, and addressed the issues you spoke of in a "Bronies React to: Teens React to: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

See below for epic hilarity:

Now I want to see a video montage of people critiquing this video, which would inevitably be followed by a critique of its own. Then this could go on ad infinitum and all would be well.

Edited by Forsooth

Dude

That video's old :I

no one gives two fucks about what some immature 15 year olds say. Besides, that kid with the pink shirt is the laughing stock of the show, he actually called bronies gay while looking like that? Please, don't waste yer time with those vids.

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't phase me really. I mean, I don't care what people think of us. Isn't that a rule of a brony? Just spreading the morals around, and if people don't care, oh well. My Little Pony isn't for everyone and I accept that. We bronies do what we want and nobody can say we are wrong for it. We're all human. We all have the right to like what we want.

ponies_gonna_pwn_by_tygerbug-d4d0tu9.png

You know what i think is awesome? Seeing bronies on camera. because.... it doesn't make me feel so afraid... I have to admit... I'm extremely horrified... I honestly don't think I've ever felt fear this bad in my entire life... and since I've never met any pony face to face I have to rely on video and I have to say you guys are awesome and wish one day I could meet you.

...I don't really see a problem.

I mean sure, they never actually SAW the show, but I really don't see a problem here. They simply voiced their opinions, and if their interest was peaked they could have gone and watched it themselves. 

Though some of the guys there were pretty rude about it..

I was expecting to see that video pop up when I entered this thread.

Why get pissed at them? It's just a bunch of naive teens judging something they know nothing about.

Words of great advice -> try not to give a shit about what people think. ;)

I couldn't care less about the teens react episodes. They only showed them the intro and some captions but that was about it.

The teens couldn't give legitimate criticism anyways just by looking at the title/opening.

Who cares?  At least half the people that saw that video are bronies.  And at least a third of the ones that claimed they aren't either have become bronies, or are in the process of bronifying.

If anything, FiM's ratings have IMPROVED because of this.

Edited by SBaby

I became a brony because of that video. I don't think the teenagers in the video was that wrong, I mean, that is the usual reaction to it and the only thing they had to base it on was the theme song - the most girly part of the show. I think they could have chosen something better to show them but that would have required them to watch a whole episode.