Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looks Like a Anti-Brony group is gaining Steam

LoKé kRude

Don't bother posting; there isn't a point, and I don't use the forums anymore.

Basically I have this thread is just me being an idiot. Pretty much every point I've tried to make was vague, poorly explained, and stupid/invalid. I'm sure you have better things to spend your time on than this.

If you've ever been on a MLP:FiM  YouTube video you know about the "haters". If its on the Interweb, Bronies, and by extension Anti-Bronies, are there. Thing was the "Haters" were not united. However, while browsing Steam I found that that was no longer true. On Steam there is a Anti-Brony group. As with any gathering of Anti-Bronies there is an unbelievable amount of untruth, ignorance, and hate. I wanted to be nice enough to congratulate him and hope his Anti-Brony "uprising" fared well but it seems you must be a member to comment. I hate the way bronies act in the presences of haters but I woun't join a group dedicated to hate every part of the brony fandom/sub-culture.

?     Normally I'm pretty lax and let the haters hate but one annoncement on there got to me:

Possible Group Trolling Plans

MARCH 16TH, 2012 - THE JOKER
Considering how recently Ziggy $ decided to go onto to "PonyChan", where the bronies meet up, i thought we should make arrangements of a mass attack with guro, rule 34, etc and enflame the bronies.
I think it's about time we showed them they cannot be tolerated.

Post down some ideas if you have any.

Comments weren't exactly reassuring either:

2 Comments

img-1011837-1-c15dce15554d04f5b9453b507c
Thunderfury 2575 img-1011837-2-comment_modindicator_offic Aug 15, 2012 @ 3:37am 
i fav'd a brony trade server for future plans such as this, perhaps we could meet up there, maybe we could use mics and talk about how we dislike the show or somthing, because if they rage at us if we dislike the show, not neccessarily hate it or anything, if proves your point farran, they do crave attention and force us to enjoy the show
img-1011837-3-8c8f24f9302082f12a90c167b5
Subwaymonster img-1011837-4-comment_modindicator_offic Jul 21, 2012 @ 2:49pm 
Plenty of pony only servers to spam on in tf2 although you get banned pretty quick. Still worth the 30 seconds of butthurt.

Looking at how they act left to there own devices pretty much demolishes any respect I might have had.

I'm not trying to slander or anything but now it looks like there going out of there way to attack brony websites. This; plus indefinitely large number of anti-brony flame wars out there and seems like most bronies, especially on youtube would be quick to defend ponies at the sake of looking like a immature idiot (in my eyes at least). what are your thoughts on this? I think we should give them there own website.  :)

See how stupid I sound?

Edited by LoKé kRude
  • Brohoof 21

I would just leave them be, I mean if you just don't mess with them they usually will leave the group alone.  I mean attention is all they want.  I would just tell people not to act at all.  So, just don't mess with them i guess is what I'm trying to say.

• Brohoof 17

If you've ever been on a MLP:FiM  YouTube video you know about the "haters". If its on the Interweb, Bronies, and by extension Anti-Bronies, are there. Thing was the "Haters" were not united. However, while browsing Steam I found that that was no longer true. On Steam there is a Anti-Brony group. As with any gathering of Anti-Bronies there is an unbelievable amount of untruth, ignorance, and hate. I wanted to be nice enough to congratulate him and hope his Anti-Brony "uprising" fared well but it seems you must be a member to comment. I hate the way bronies act in the presences of haters but I woun't join a group dedicated to hate every part of the brony fandom/sub-culture.

​     Normally I'm pretty lax and let the haters hate but one annoncement on there got to me:

Comments weren't exactly reassuring either:

Looking at how they act left to there own devices pretty much demolishes any respect I might have had.

I'm not trying to slander or anything but now it looks like there going out of there way to attack brony websites. This; plus indefinitely large number of anti-brony flame wars out there and seems like most bronies, especially on youtube would be quick to defend ponies at the sake of looking like a immature idiot (in my eyes at least). what are your thoughts on this? I think we should give them there own website.  :)

Actually, don't kill me for saying this, but some of the haters are justified in saying some of those things. The fact that many bronies can act quite explosively and aggressively only strengthens the haters dislike of the fandom, and enjoyment of trolling them. I've had some times where I have wished the people reacting so excessively would stop giving us a bad name. As the common internet phrase goes; don't feed the trolls.

I generally ignore trolls like that, because even if they start attacking a website, it's easy enough to deal with them. Sure, there are some things harder to fix than others, but in the end they just enjoy watching people like us squirm. I learned when I was young not to let the bullies or trolls push you around. The bigger your reaction, the more likely they'll continue pestering.

I know it's hard, but this is one of those moment where we should just stand by and let the haters let off their beloved steam.  

Edited by Silver Arrow
  • Brohoof 20

Dude, we need to make them a website with hidden cookies that do random pony things.

Like when they go to post a comment somewhere Pinkie Pie will appear in the corner and do something.

Then join the group as a supposed Brony-hater and give them the website, then bail on them and watch the hilarity ensue.

• Brohoof 8

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt loners with nothing better to do. Seriously... they're just ponies. If there's anything worth making hate groups about, a harmless fandom is not worth the time.

• Brohoof 5

I know it's hard, but this is one of those moment where we should just stand by and let the haters let off their beloved steam.  

Heheh, blowing off steam ON steam. Seems legit.

*Runs away very VERY fast to avoid rotten tomatoes and various other unwanted projectiles probably being aimed at him right now.*

• Brohoof 2

My reaction when I read TC's post:

\

Oh Lord,now that is some quality entertainment right there.Laughed for five minutes reading that,I did there.Can't wait to see all the stupid shit they're gonna pull off,thinking they're all cool and stuff.

Oh man,now I really need to download TF2 just to laugh at them,this is priceless!

EDIT:Actually,do you know if they're taking any sort of member into their Steam group right now?Because I really want to see what they'd do.That,and it'll be worth it if I can just screw around with them.

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 4

Wow those losers have way too much time on their hands they obviously want a response and I say we don't take the bait that will piss them off far more than any response civil or not ever will.

• Brohoof 1

We. Like. A. Show.

I find it innocent, nice, and I find the characters appealing. I just can't get through my brain the reason people dislike us as a whole.

I would just leave them be, I mean if you just don't mess with them they usually will leave the group alone.  I mean attention is all they want.  I would just tell people not to act at all.  So, just don't mess with them i guess is what I'm trying to say.

I understand what you two are getting at but I feel you missing the point of the whole thread. On steam there is a anti brony group so be it. I don't care. but I do care when they start trouble for no reason. And that's what there doing; starting trouble for no or at least they were planing to.

• Brohoof 2

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt loners with nothing better to do. Seriously... they're just ponies. If there's anything worth making hate groups about, a harmless fandom is not worth the time.

im gonna have to agree with you on that.it sounds kinda stupid to actually make a group. if you wanted to do it in a group, just please do it somewhere else besides the internet.

• Brohoof 2

Wrong form of there in the poll by the way. Moving on...

I say just leave them alone, they'll run out of steam like hate groups usually do. Give them nothing to fuel the fire and it pretty much extinguishes itself. That's what I do for the most part, occasionally correcting the many things they get wrong before walking away while they stew in their own hatred, muttering something completely unintelligent and horribly spelled. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

I dont mind anti-bronies, when they try to get me mad, I just laugh as they make theirselves look more stupid than they think they are. And then if they do actually manage to get me mad (which has not happened yet thankfully), I always know that their just narrow-minded people that can not take in whats true about others.

Planning to attack Ponychan? Are they freakin' serious? ZlCHy.png

Ponychan's mods are very trigger-happy with their banhammer, they won't see their third post before someone banned their asses for good.

Just leave them alone. The more you tried to strike back, the more fuel they have to attack us. Nothing good can come from discussing how haters are all wrong and sexist.

• Brohoof 6

"People are starving all over the world."

"Meh."

"There's still Nazis in the world."

"Meh."

"Child and animal abuse is still going on."

"Meh."

"People are dying all over the world because of stupid things; like the shooting a few days ago."

"Meh."

"Teens kill themselves over bullying."

"Meh."

"I like MLP."

"OH MAH GOD YOU GAY HOMO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU LOLOLOLOL IM GONNA MAKE A BIG GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO THINK YOURE GAY AND WE'LL SHUT ALL YOUR WEBSITES DOWN"

Seriously. <_<

• Brohoof 29

Pffff, ahahaha!

Trolling me?

On TF2?

Let them micspam and kill 'em.

The rage like dummies and leave.

Priceless.

(Its funny how they think that MLP is the worst show on the planet because there are shows I watched worse than what haters think of it. (Remember that canceled show Jersey Shore? (I don't remember the name well. :/)))

Edit: 56 members, cheap. We should get all the brony groups together and all post spam at the same time. I bet 'The Joker' would looove to clean it all up.

Edited by ~Bluenote~
  • Brohoof 2

If only it was easy for people to not take the bait.  I have encountered people like this on TF2 I have gotten hilarious results with going along with it. They want you to to get angry and upset but if you just go with it and don't really show any emotion it throws them off and then it gets sad at how desperate they get for a reaction from you. :lol:

Psh, ignore ignore ignore. Wanna know what's more pathetic than a group of people actively going out to hate on a show and their fans? People who take the bait and respond to them, thus justifying their existence. 

When haters have no bronies to troll, they'll get bored and move on.

• Brohoof 11

Time to kill a few birds with one stone...

Actually, don't kill me for saying this, but some of the haters are justified in saying some of those things. The fact that many bronies can act quite explosively and aggressively only strengthens the haters dislike of the fandom, and enjoyment of trolling them.

I generally ignore trolls like that, because even if they start attacking a website, it's easy enough to deal with them. Sure, there are some things harder to fix than others, but in the end they just enjoy watching people like us squirm. I learned when I was young not to let the bullies or trolls push you around. The bigger your reaction, the more likely they'll continue pestering.

Yep, I agree 100% with you'er top paragraph, It was my second point after all :) in fact that is exactly why I have respect for haters :P.

For your second and third paragraph, I think we should be doing that.

Not be rude but did you even read my post? Because your saying almost the same thing I was :P

Sorry if I seem to be attacking you

Dude, we need to make them a website with hidden cookies that do random pony things.

Like when they go to post a comment somewhere Pinkie Pie will appear in the corner and do something.

Then join the group as a supposed Brony-hater and give them the website, then bail on them and watch the hilarity ensue.

That seems a perfect plan to me :)

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt loners with nothing better to do. Seriously... they're just ponies. If there's anything worth making hate groups about, a harmless fandom is not worth the time

Don't quite understand that last part, but I was trying to imply everything else you said in my first post. And I don't care about the hate group quite frankly. Its just pitiful that they think they should try to inflame us just to get reactions... I wonder how many would fall for it :P

We must enact a defensive operation of love, tolerance and ignoring them! Let them come and assault us! We must defuse their attacks by pointing out any logical flaws they use and being generally being smarter then them! 

They call us gay we make e'm pay! 

Why do I feel that this was sarcasm?

Dont seek for revenge like that, and hidden cookies are easily spotted. Especially with modern web browsers and security tools. Its better off just to get their IP, Geolocate them, Send them an IRL mail message, laugh at them being freaked out that you found out their address

• Brohoof 3

Here we go again, It looks like I suck at wording things...

Wrong form of there in the poll by the way. Moving on...

I say just leave them alone, they'll run out of steam like hate groups usually do. Give them nothing to fuel the fire and it pretty much extinguishes itself. That's what I do for the most part, occasionally correcting the many things they get wrong before walking away while they stew in their own hatred, muttering something completely unintelligent and horribly spelled. 

Looking back don't know why I added the poll... maybe that were all these coming from...

First off I don't bother adding fuel to flame wars so I don't know were that's coming from unless my implication were extremely vague or you didn't read the main text because;

I hate the way bronies act in the presences of haters...

and

...indefinitely large number of anti-brony flame wars out there and seems like most bronies, especially on youtube would be quick to defend ponies at the sake of looking like a immature idiot...

so yeah don't think was too vague.

Planning to attack Ponychan? Are they freakin' serious? Ponychan's mods are very trigger-happy with their banhammer, they won't see their third post before someone banned their asses for good. Just leave them alone. The more you tried to strike back, the more fuel they have to attack us. Nothing good can come from discussing how haters are all wrong and sexist.

First off, I am leaving them alone and when I rarely do respond am always stay kind, and try to set aside or differences and be friends, which never works ( I keep trying anyways) Second off, not trying to "strike back", I could care less what people thought of us and our fandom,Third off, where the hay did that last part come from? I wasn't trying to disscus how haters are "wrong and sexist"; I go out of my way to avoid labeling haters, calling them that feels like a stretch to me.

"People are starving all over the world." "Meh." "There's still Nazis in the world." "Meh." "Child and animal abuse is still going on." "Meh." "People are dying all over the world because of stupid things; like the shooting a few days ago." "Meh." "Teens kill themselves over bullying." "Meh." "I like MLP." "OH MAH GOD YOU GAY HOMO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU LOLOLOLOL IM GONNA MAKE A BIG GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO THINK YOURE GAY AND WE'LL SHUT ALL YOUR WEBSITES DOWN"   Seriously.

A bit extreme perhaps? Also: vague. Was that "Seriously." aimed at me or them? Of course I don't care either way. I don't feel like preaching to you about how I repsect haters, but don't care what they say or do, or how I think bronies should stop overeacting and flaming trolls on YouTube and other sites so if you care find my other posts.

sorry if it seems I went of on you but...

Seriously.

If only it was easy for people to not take the bait.  I have encountered people like this on TF2 I have gotten hilarious results with going along with it. They want you to to get angry and upset but if you just go with it and don't really show any emotion it throws them off and then it gets sad at how desperate they get for a reaction from you.

Here we go.

I don't "take the bait",I almost never respond to them, but when I do I always Stay kind, try to make friends with them, and never force them to watch the show.

Psh, ignore ignore ignore. Wanna know what's more pathetic than a group of people actively going out to hate on a show and their fans? People who take the bait and respond to them, thus justifying their existence.    When haters have no bronies to troll, they'll get bored and move on.

I don't need to be preached to. Also look at how you're labeling them, some may have actually watched the show and didn't like it(after all it is the anti-brony group not the anti-mlp group or something. This is almost never the case but could be, I hate it when people wright them off like that.

Sorry if I was a little short but I had to respond to more than 10 post now.

I've taken the stupid poll down; I feel like it was causing lots of misinterpretations of what the point of the thread was.

For clarification I don't care for the Anti-brony steam group or any anti-brony not affiliating with the group for that matter, I just think that seem beyond immature for them to attack pony websites and severs considering that the parts of the interweb we've invaded didn't belong to them (or anypony for that matter) so it isn't "settling the score" to attack the sites and severs just rude. Also, the secondary point I was trying make was that more than a few bronys act immature by mindlessly arguing in treads on imageboards,videos on YouTube, etc.

Honestly, I just wanted to hear your opinions on the matter was not talk about haters behind their back.

And if you have something to say about this post specifically; just refer to my signature.

Edited by LoKé kRude

I love threads like this.

In other news, the internet is full of malicious people that enjoy raining on people's parades.

...Truthfully, I'm not sure why this should come as news to anyone, or why it is deserving of attention. There have been haters since day one, and they've managed to pull some far more destructive stunts than what is described in the opening post. 

If a new thread were created every time someone on the internet came up with an insignificant plan to cause some small measure of mischief on the internet (or even just toward the greater pony community), this board would be filled to the bursting point with such threads. 

I honestly don't see what the point of calling attention to them is - all you're doing is giving them attention and free publicity. Why not let them instead rot in relative obscurity? :V

• Brohoof 5

Silent treatment?We need to let them know that posting hurtful messages on the internet is just useless,and not going to do any good.I'll let them be.I've seen a few other anti-brony groups that are really really disorganized.

Dont seek for revenge like that, and hidden cookies are easily spotted. Especially with modern web browsers and security tools. Its better off just to get their IP, Geolocate them, Send them an IRL mail message, laugh at them being freaked out that you found out their address

One, I know ways to bury cookies so deep that the only way to find it is to change the end of the URL to the first 2056 digits of Pi. Two, it's not revenge, it's a prank. Revenge is usually malicious and is a response to a previous hostile act. These guys plan to do stuff by haven't yet. And we aren't doing anything besides making them rage at what is technically a gift. If they can find the cookies buried in the coding, good for them, they keep the website. Otherwise they rage and we laugh.