Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you into any of the shiping fanfics?

almozayaf

for me i didn't like most the shipping mostly the one that don't make sense to me

Rainbow Dash X Pinky piy :blink::wub:

or Applejack X Fulltershy ;):huh:

but i think same like at last one or two kind of shipping Fanfic

:ph34r:

i see my self into Spike X :D

but no more

what about you

- what you think of the shipping fanfic over all?

- what you fav? if you have any.

- do you wright or imagine a story

I think any kind of fiction is a good thing, as long as it's well written and though out. But to be honest, I didn't read a whole lot of of MLP fanfiction of any kind, tho I plan to do so.

Anyway, Pinkie and Dash? That's just... It's hard to imagine any romantic or serious relationship with Pinkie, no matter the pairing.

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 2

I'd read anything if it's actually written well. Whenever there's something that's become strangely popular, I have to investigate, which is why I ended up reading Twilight and even Fifty Shades of Grey, which were complete wastes of time and money. I got 25% through the latter and can't go any further because it's simply written horrendously that it makes my eyes bleed. It's also why I gave My Little Pony even though I was dubious about it.

I read one shipping fanfic by accident because I didn't know what the 'shipping' tag even meant. The thing is that it was written well in my opinion, therefore I enjoyed it even though it's lesbian pony love. So if it's written well, I will read it. I have to say that I'm glad I'm as open minded as I am.

The story is called 'We'll Keep in Touch' if you want to check it out. Doesn't really capture the characters' personalities all that well, but the story takes place somewhere in the future, so it's not like it's a whole big deal.

I do enjoy shipping to an extent.  I wrote a short story about Applejack x Rarity, so I guess that would be a favorite of mine.  Along with Derpy x Dr. Whooves, and Lyra X Bon Bon

I like love stories and just so you could say that I guess.

I read that an appledash one (skipped the NSFW parts .-.) it was pretty good to be honest. 

Shipping is good when it's well done, but bad when it's done badly...

Best ships:

-Twixie

-TaviScratch

-LyraBon

and most others that make sense and are well done...

I only have one problem with shipping- Rainbow Dash X Every goddamn thing in existence...Yup, even Bloomberg...And Tom....

I gotta get 'round to writing a decent Shipfic one day..

Remember: Only true MEN go on FimFiction and put on the 'Romance' filter with the longest fics first (No NSFW obviously...Just not my thing really..) The proceed to read the longest, shippiest fics known to living forms.....Soo many........Soooo maaaannny..:D

Personal Opinion - I hate Shipping. It just seems weird, especially when it comes to lesbian shipping. It's especially disturbing when you relate to one character, and then you see it portraited in the worst possible way you can imagine (r34)

• Brohoof 1

I love PinkieDash 

"My first Party" involves them both being shipped as it follows a storyline of Pinkie going to visit her parents, the story is pretty long, and I still await the next chapter :3

• Brohoof 1

Okay.. allow me to step into here.

Shipping is by far my favourite fanfics and is about all I read.... but I do read others... just shipping is my favourite.

The best ships for me would be.

Octavia X Vinyl

Twilight X Trixie

Rainbow X Pinkie

Those are the best in my opinion... excluding Derpy X Doctor Whooves since I have yet to read any fiction for them.

The stories I absoultley love are...

Vinyl and Octavia: University Days

Allegrezza

The Fascinating Yet Obvious Twixie

• Brohoof 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKyZT3n55og

Well for the OP, we Pinkiedash shippers aren't entirely coming out of nowhere...

As for the question I love shipping fanfics. As long as they aren't cloppy and they are well written they're probably my favorite genre of story along with comedy. I am kind of picky with pairings though, my favorites are

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie (Best Ship in my opinion)

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Rarity and Applejack

Rainbow Dash and Rarity

I'm not even particularly into shipping with regards to other fandoms, but MLP of all things made me enjoy it. I'm probably crazy.

• Brohoof 1

I read a shipping story (can't remember which one, it involved Princess Luna and Princess Celestia dueling to see who was more powerful, PM me if you remember which one. It is for a dare for one specific brony) that was also a clop fic. I couldn't get halfway through it. I stood away from shipping for about 3 months. Than, I started reading them again. I LOVE shipping, yet I hardly read them. Most of them aren't written the best. First Blush was beautiful. I recommend that one to anyone who wants a straight Rainbow Dash fanfic.

Maybe it's just because I don't read enough fanfic, but I've read a few shipfics, and after a while it just seems a bit...redundant. Maybe it's just because I've read the bad ones...after a while they kinda start to sound the same.

Just my 2 bits.

Edited by StratoPegasus

I'm not sure what I think. Initially, I was firmly disapproving of the idea, regarding shipfics as ludicrous.

And then I began to change my mind, with the idea that Rainbow Dash x Rarity is a very interesting idea. It's the only pairing that's ever come to interest me particularly, but I may end up changing my mind and developing an interest in other pairings also.

• Brohoof 1

To answer a question of the OP, I think shipping is alright, and a good plot device to make characters work for something. However, it's also a huge trend in any fandom, but even huger in this one. Now that I think about it, the premise for a lot of fanfics is trend-based bandwagon hopping, not to intentionally sound negative, but... yeah. While I think they're alright, they do receive a lot of unwarranted attention, along with other trends.

Edited by uuunph

I love shipfics. Many of them are mediocre and some are just unbearable, but when I stumble on one of the really great ones that sucks me in and takes my breath away, it's all worth it. Favorite pairings? Why I thought you'd never ask. ;)

PinkieDash

RariJack

AppleSpike

And let's be honest, DashAnything...they shipped her with a kitchen sink and it was STILL good

• Brohoof 1

Ah shipping, the most debated about genre of fan made fiction. I love almost all of it. I approve of all shippings but I avoid Mac x Fluttershy shippings because it is not in my "to read" list of Fics. I'm not that interested in those two characters more or less because of their social reservations and slow progressing relationship.

Edited by XrosOver
  • Brohoof 1

I dislike reading fanfiction in general, but I don't disapprove of it or shipping. I usually don't consider pairings on my own unless the original work is already romance-centric in a way that canon pairings aren't 100% clear.

DerpyXDrwhooves

OctaviaXVinyl

It's almost unbelievable how many quality fics have sprung from those two pairings. Now, If I could only see an author who could carry those stories beyond the halfway point before quitting. Maybe good ship-fics are unlucky or something, cuz' that seems to happen a lot.