Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of videogame should My little pony be?

Silent Beat

If any compay decided to make an official MLP videogame,

what kind of videogame would you like it to be?

Racing? Fight? Adventure?

I would like an adventure game, with an open world to explore.

what about you?

• Brohoof 2

I think something family-friendly like a Kart Racer, a platforming adventure, or something along the lines of those genres would be suited for an MLP game, though personally I'd love to see a fantasy RPG

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Hard to say, there really isn't all that much action in the series as it is more heavily character and slice of life driven with the exception of the two parters but even those don't really have much fighting with the exception of the big battle at the end of the Canterlot Wedding Two Parter. If it was an adventure game it would probably have an original story with an original villain or two, in other words it would be set in the same universe but would be its own story apart from the show. This would would be what I would most like to see but for other options there is a fanmade fighting game which is quite good but it is unlikely a game like that would become official so the most likely would probably be racing, you could have some regular races and have some air races with pegasus ponies.

I would want it to be RPG. It would be fun to fly Rainbow Dash around. But, what sucks is that I wouldn't be able to play the game for much, speaking my mom would make me return the game if she saw it. This is why I prefer the iPhone game.

I think MLP would be most fun as a RPG.

As seen by Filly Fantasy I think it works pretty well with with each other. Everyone gets thier own abilities, there's mini quest to go along with the main story and interesting battle system so you can switch out anypony at anytime.

• Brohoof 1

The RPG idea is good.

But I think a 3D platformer in the vein of Spyro the Dragon would also work pretty good, or maybe something like Starfox Adventures. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

Im gonna say a plat former or a adventure beat em up game with in the plat former you take control of one of the ponies then you look for the first element of harmony and so on and so forth until the end where you get to fight Nightmare.

Well, I think it'd be pretty good as a "Life simulation" type game. You know, games from series like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. Pretty appropriate, in it's relaxed theme and all that.

• Brohoof 3

Most likely RPG. You get to create your own character, do story missions, side quests, open-ended world to explore, character interaction, decisions that will affect the outcome of any situation. More like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Edited by Trekkard
  • Brohoof 3

Well adventure and be made by tale tell for one.  I think a point and click MLP game would work great with the show and could make a nice story if some writers from the show would get on board to help make it.

I think it would make a great RPG. It would make a pretty good platformer as well in my opinion. It would be awesome if they made an mlp game for xbox or something.

• Brohoof 1

I would like the MLP game to be a cross between Sims and Minecraft while being a MMO. You get the 3D modeling, RP with other real life Bronies as a pony, Derp. You can build your own house and make a living much like Minecraft, or simple trade and make a business for money and buy the things you need to survive or even thrive.

Here I'll just rephrase what I said: This would encourage gaming elements as the list follows: 1. interacting with other people in both conversation and business. 2. Working hard for the things you need such as a house and food, whether it is mining, farming, hunting, working at a factory or trading. 3. Socializing with real life people making parties at his/your house and role-playing with them. Or simply having a lets play kind of idea while you're in the woods hunting evil foes.

All this... While being a pony  :D

O! and creating your own personal pony such as you're OC pony.

- Maxos

I would like the game to be some sort of adventure/quest/action-esque video game. Stuff like trying to find the elements of Harmony, and missions which relate to the show such as a magic duel with Trixie or fighting Discord. The game should also be available on many different gaming consols too. :D

• Brohoof 1

Realistically, it should be kind of an adventure-type game for the whole family. Personally, I'm interested in Fighting is Magic and Super Smash Ponies.

But most of all, I would do anything for a My Little Pony RPG. Not just for kids, not an MMO, but the real deal like Final Fantasy. (Or like Final Fantasy used to be.) I want storylines inspired by the show, a good combat system with different attacks for the characters, special music, lines from the real voice actors, everything. And your party gets to fight alongside Celestia at least once. ^^ That would be epic.

• Brohoof 1

I would go for something like the Persona games (a cross of combat and social interaction). There's loads of games like that, yes, but I was playing P3 recently so don't judge!

I would also like a point-and-click type adventure game, but it would have to be up to par with Grim Fandango XD

And finally, an MMORPG. :3 I think that would be so much fun-make a pony and do quests and stuff with other players. I used to love WoW and recently started playing again for old time's sake, and having something for ponies would be awesome :D

Edited by Nicolas Cage

If it was something like Spyro The Dragon Three, where you can play as the main character, and play as other characters in their levels, then it would be cool. Also, I hope they'd make it easy for hackers to create codes so that you could play as whichever pony you want. Just imagine Rainbow Dash on a Pinkie Pie level! ^.^

I'd like a good ol fashion platformer.

One: we have little platformer games left. It woul be nice to see a game that takes me back to days of my childhood were I would play games like Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario world, Super Metriod, etc.

Two: It's the only genre I can think of that may make it seem aprouchable to the brony community. Besides RPG and kart racing and I don't think these two will do the series justice (except mabye RPG but I prefer platformer).

Keep in mind it would be a game made by a company to sell to the public so most genres could be taken out of the idea box.

Something like The Sims. It wouldn't be bloody or violent but you could make your pony and tell them what to do and interact with others and In the Sims world adventures there were tombs and other things you could explore and have adventures with.