Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Times you find yourself quoting MLP

Bubblegum

There tends to be an obligatory topic like this on most TV show based forums, so sorry if there's been one like this before (certainly not during my stay, anyway!).

Does anyone find themselves quoting MLP in real life situations (basically, off the internet :P). Me and my brother have started saying 'enough chit chat! Time is candy!' when we want to get going, and sometimes 'okie dokie lokie!'. I've also noticed that whenever someones really close to doing something clumsily dangerous, I've started saying 'Careful, Derpy!' :P

Please tell me it's not just me that has moments like this! ;)

Off-Topic: Hey, not including the introduction post, this is my first topic!

• Brohoof 3

Lol, first, congrats on first thread. Don't think I've made one myself, but I do more reading/lurking than posting.

Anyway, I'm failing to think of specific instances but I do occasionally or random make such quotes. Though usually just online.

I think.

Oh yeah, I say eeyup fairly often. Lol.

Edited by Mu Nova
  • Brohoof 1

I say quotes all the frikkin time. This is nothing new with me though mind you, I have always said quotes from shows I like when they seem fitting. MLP, Futurama, Evil Dead, Firefly, House, etc. everything I have ever watched over and over eventually starts to get quoted by me. It's just a part of my random side I have and makes things more fun for me, even if no one else gets it and just thinks I am saying something as *my* response.

• Brohoof 1

I just catch myself saying "Eeyup" a lot when I simply said yup in the past. 

I don't say them out loud, but I do recite several MLP quotes in my head.  The one I've been playing over and over again mentally is Scootaloo:  "These namby pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks!  They're all about finding out who you really are and boring stuff like that.  We need action!  We need Rainbow Dash!"

I say quotes all the frikkin time. This is nothing new with me though mind you, I have always said quotes from shows I like when they seem fitting. MLP, Futurama, Evil Dead, Firefly, House, etc. everything I have ever watched over and over eventually starts to get quoted by me. It's just a part of my random side I have and makes things more fun for me, even if no one else gets it and just thinks I am saying something as *my* response.

Wub Futurama :wub:

"Shut up, Fry!"

"And that brain condition you have, Fry" "I already did that"

"Freedom! Freedom! Freedom! Oy!"

Ah... So many quotes... :wub:

But, yes, I often find myself saying eeyup.

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

I often find myself saying "eeyup" and "20% cooler" at times.  It just happens out of nowhere, and people never question me, even on "20% cooler."  Also, congrats on your first thread!

• Brohoof 1

Everyday. I say "Eeyup" the most, since it's most common. But I say "20% Cooler", "10 seconds flat", "FOREVVVERRR", and "yesyesyesyesyesyesyes".

I've also said once, Rarity's "This is whining..(this middle part was relevant to what I was COMPLAINING about)..but I thought you wanted whining" speech. :D

• Brohoof 2

I have had the occasional time where I almost said everypony or anypony instead of everyone or everybody but other than that for the most part I have been saying eeeeeeeyup alot.

I don't do it very often because usually i'm alone.  but  when i first got my Derpy shirt from hot topic I wore it to a dinner with my extended family, I was planning on tormenting my closet brony cousin with it lol  when he got there I said "hey look at my shirt"  and started jumping up and down and said "I just don't know what went wrong!" 

Yeah, I say "Eeyup!" a lot too, and also:

"This is the worst. Possible. Thing!"

"FOREVVERR!!!"

"Best day ever!"

"Yay~!"

"What fun is there in making sense?"

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

"You must! You must! You. Must!!!!"

And I'm just waiting for the oppurtunity to say "Were we arguing? I'm sorry!" and to do a Pinkie Promise :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I pretty much say eeyup myself. Lol even my agent in Blacklight: Retribution is named BigMcIntosh. Anywho when it comes to quotes then it has to be at the right time for me. Usually i'm one who will make random references to movies, books or shows all the time but they have to be at the right time.

I've quoted "20% cooler" a fair amount of times, and it drives my friends crazy because they don't know where it's from (and apparently don't bother to look it up). I've also used "10 seconds flat" a few times too.

Also, I sometimes say "Euyup" when texting someone a yes answer.

Edited by whoovesfan7698

Singing "This day has been just perfect" every time I achieve something in my life. Halp mah, I can't get rid of this phrase!

A standard set of "Not cool", "yay", "dun-dun-duuun", "20% cooler" and "Because you're EVIL! Evil!".

Also, when I'm feeling bored and/or random, I quote Robotnik. "HOTCAKES. Isn't that NICE". Makes no sense, but hey.

• Brohoof 1

Hm. Well I've quoted 20% not just 20% cooler, just being obsessed with using 20% :P. Also I've said FOREVER dramatically sometimes. but not sure if thats a quote or I just like saying FOREVER :P.

I know theres another one I quoted actually somewhat recently.. I don't remember which one it is. I'm sure there's plenty of times I don't even realize.

Nobody has ever questioned it ever. Of course most of the time its my family.

My favorite is "I just don't know what went wrong". So much fun to say it around people who have no idea it's a quote :lol:

I also use "The. Worst. Possible. Thing!" whenever some minor problem comes up.

And of course, "eeeyup"

I'm not sure if "yay" counts, because I've always used that one, and I don't do it in the long Fluttershy style.

But I have pony quotes and memes go off in my brain frequently from everyday things, I just don't say them out loud most of the time :P

I always quote it at school, always. I make my friends Pinkie promise, I say 'Oki Doki Loki!' a lot, 'eeyup' is my most common one for sure and of course 'The. Worst. Possible. Thing!!' and recently I've started to say 'fabulous' and 'darling' like Rarity "xD oh and I also say "20% Cooler in 10 seconds flat!' a lot too :)

Its fun because my friends think I'm crazy for quoting MLP and Adventure Time at school lol

Edited by Valtamaria

I say "Oops...my bad" a lot when I make a mistake or mess something up. I also say "horsing around" in a Twilight imitation if I think people are wasting time, for example at the supermarket, "If these people stop horsing around, we'll get some service."

"lolololol mai litl pone ez geii lotututasfjdsugjsfahufhuahuha". "Eeyup"

"O man how did your test go"?  "I was done in ten seconds flat"

When I get my team killed in an MMORPG: "I just don't know what went wrong..."

When my mother bakes muffins: "Muuufin"

When my friend asks me something random: "I've heard of *random thing* before... but where..."

When everyone in my class makes a mess and the teacher gives us extra assignments: "Everyone in this class is CRAAZY"!

When my mom looks over my shoulder while I'm on Mlpforums: "Are you a SPY"?

When we get no home assignments: *deep inhale* "yay"!

I make most frequent use of "Monitor Everything" because I can tell people to monitor everything when they run a CAD simulation.

I occasionally use "the fun has been doubled" when something fun or interesting happens. People are always really confused.

I have also used done in ten seconds flat and quiet "YAY!".

Edited by Cowl

yeah i quote stuff all the time! and not just from MLP either! Things from the Memebase like "Really now? You don't say?" and "Forever Alone". I use those two a lot and lets see here....... I say Eeyup and sometimes i accidentally say everypony or somepony in class and that always proves to be quite entertaining... :P  Its really funny when you say something like that and someone actually recognizes it! :lol:  My friend loves to quote Rarity, so she is always falling over and says " this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!" 

yeah quoting is fun to mess around with sometimes!  ;)

I have found myself regularly quoting the show, yes. 

I can't recall specific quotes, because I just use so gosh darn many. Of course, being from the UK and not knowing many bronies personally, not many people get the references...