Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy's voice

OctaviaDashi

Listen to her voice a couple times. Sooner or later you will realize that the voice was actually a great choice for the job...if we didn't hire the fans, (Balddumborat).

• Brohoof 3

Her voice is something i would expect from a klutzy girl character so im happy with it, to be honest I didnt realize Rainbow Dash was a mare untill the second episode of the first season.

Mares have the rounder and shorter snout and eyelashes. Stallions have more boxy snouts and no eyelashes. They are also bigger. So even if the voice sounds confusing, just look at the faces.

It wouldn't work if she was a guy though, that's just what I think.

I wasn't expecting her voice to be that deep but I liked it. The generally accepted high pitched fan voice kind of annoys me anyway so I'm glad they went with something different.

And her VA was Rarity, btw.

Yup, Tabitha St. Germain. She voices all the best ponies: Rarity, Luna, Granny Smith...

Personally, I loved Derpy's voice. It suited her perfectly and I don't see how it could have been improved. :)

I thought she'd sound more "blonde airhead" but sure, mentally impaired tomboy voice works too for her character xD

But then again, a voice that dim does seem a bit over the top. I mean to quote Tropic Thunder...

Edited by Indigo

I don't see why there's a problem with her voice being deep. In real life life some girls have extremely deep voices, I think that her deep voice just adds to the shows variety. Plus I never really imagined her as an air head so I think her voice was perfect.