Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Renaissance or Modern Era?

Stary Dreams

In all honesty I prefer the Renaissance world. I don't know if it's because I'm just a hardcore fan of history (for some weird reason lol) or if it's because that's when explorations began and new things began to emerge. Although I wouldn't like to live there since of all the things back then, but I am mesmerized about it :D

How bout you?

Edited by Stary Dreams

I just couldn't imagine myself living anywhere other than this current time period, since I'm used to it. Things were really difficult back then, even during the Renaissance. I also prefer the modern would because of how far we've come since then. Yes, there is a lot of conflict today, but I mean, it was probably worse back then. Europe experienced practically constant conflict up until the end of World War II. 

It took awhile for concepts like gender equality, tolerance, democracy, etc to become widely accepted. For hundreds of years, governments oppressed citizens, and citizens oppressed each other. I would not want to live in a world before these ideals were commonly accepted. There are still problems with this today, but it is still better than hundreds of years ago.

I prefer the Renaissance in a lot of ways, just like you, but I would never want to live back then because I would be afraid of dying of some crazy disease without antibiotics, and living back then would mean giving up many of the luxuries and advances of the modern era. 

The era of fat and smelly people with prejudices combined with oppressed, starving, thin and smelly people. No. I think not. 

Huh... Funny thing, that actually applies on both ears...  :lol:

I think our modern life is a lot better and even tho there are many interesting things in the history, I wouldn't like to live there. I think i's better to have and use inventions, rather than "be there" when they are being invented.

@Lightning Fluttershy, I randomly found it and thought "That's so cute!" so I just used it since then :D Funny that we both have the same avatar though XD

@@Stary Dreams, Your avatar still gets me! Wherever did you find it? Well it's adorable. :lol:

OT - I much prefer modern. Living in the renaissance sounds awful. I mean, no electricity or internet or video games? :blink: First world problems. ;)

@Lightning Fluttershy, I randomly found it and thought "That's so cute!" so I just used it since then :D Funny that we both have the same avatar though XD

• Brohoof 1

The Renaissance honestly sounds cool and fun to live in. The Plague is over, for the most part; there are amazing artists and philosophers. Life I feel was easier back than. I mean, life is easier now, but in a different way. I am glad, however, that I'm living when I am now.

I am very interested in history and everything. I love the Renaissance era. I love the architectural styles they used, and the music. The music they sung back then was very pretty, it might have made me actually want to go to church.

On a very serious note, though, that era is best staying in history. I can appreciate the architecture now, and I can listen to the music on my computer and/or iPod whenever I want (without having to go to church! Yay!). What would be left is everything I'd hate about the era. The unashamed fusion of church and state, kings with little to no limit to their power, and the total lack of progression - Slavery all abound, women having few rights, and, of course, the probability of being killed for not believing in God.

I am sickened enough with what I see in my modern day culture. I think living in such a place and time would possibly make me go crazy. The only way to take me is to the future (and keeping me in the first world).

Oh, and on another note, I'm fairly certain that they did not have my instruments back then. I'd have to play a dulcian? xD

Edited by Envy

The Renaissance was a rather good time, for art and literature that is. There were also quite a bit of wars happening, and I wouldn't want to get in that mess. Would I want to go back to the Renaissance? Probably not, since I adapted to this time period. Though a 1 day trip would be cool.

Hm. Both times have their pros and cons. As much as I love Ren fests and whatnot, I think that I would rather live here and now. I couldn't deal with everything that they didn't have. Ha. ^_^

Edited by HallowsEve