Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only person here who's not a fan of Twilight Sparkle?

Le Kvlt Dawn

I think Hasbro did a good job on Twilight. Usually the leader type personality would stay calm, collected amongst all the zany masses of characters but Twilight does have her weird moments like how she's always organizing things but can't even find her books or she's crazy about deadlines and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 2

I love Twilight. She basically has the best attributes of all of her friends which is what makes her a natural born leader. I can't imagine the group without her. Twilight is the center, the mediator, the glue that holds them together.

Twilight is the center, the mediator, the glue that holds them together.

That. That right there, is absolutely hilarious. Especially when you realize glue used to be made from horse parts.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I like Twilight, she's so adorkable. But, I'm worried what the future has in store for her...

That. That right there, is absolutely hilarious. Especially when you realize glue used to be made from horse parts.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I like Twilight, she's so adorkable. But, I'm worried what the future has in store for her...

OMG!!!!!

That never even crossed my mind when I made the original post. Yikes! Poor ponies. R.I.P. to any first generation ponies who may have lost their lives in a sticky situation.    

hmmm i like twilight a bit but pinkies my fav and applejacks my least fav twilights my 4th fav after fluttershy and rarity

twilights sorta bland somtimes... and i dont like when shes the main character other than when it seems nesssery  

andi like books and im compolsive (infact i have a friend thats exsactly like twilight) but i still dont like twilight she takes away from the others ..... her destiny thing is sorta irratating ok twilights gonna be alicorn what ever:P now if pinkie or flutters became a alicorn id be shocked and happy twilight its like meh

Edited by pinkieshyrose

• 2 years later...

I don't know, but I am a new pegasister and from the beginning Twilight Sparkle really pissed me off. Her being so important, the best, and it made me feel sorry for Sunset Shimmer and Trixie. I have tried to like her (looking at how great she is etc ) but that moment when she became an alicorn i just decided NO. I am so sorry Twilight lovers, but I just cannot even. Am I wrong to dislike her? Am I the only one?

• Brohoof 6

Twilight's alright. She's #4 in my favorite Mane Six list.

But I've almost always found it impossible to HATE a character.

I just don't see the purpose in it. It uses energy you could use some something else.

Twilight's the personification of magic and friendship. Literally, friendship IS magic.

So yeah she's very powerful. But she never started anything with anyone or acted like a brat about it.

Trixie is debatable, as she's full of herself, but she's just a stage performer. Twilight didn't overshadow her until Trixie admitted she lied about the Ursa thing, and Twilight had to step in to keep the baby Ursa from destroying the town. And that's not Twilight being a showoff or anything. If you have the ability to help, you HELP, and that what she did. Trixie took it personally though.

As for Sunset Shimmer, though I don't really like or watch anything related to Equestria Girls, she was also incredibly talented. Probably as much as Twilight. Her problem though is like she's kind of power hungry, wanting to take things that weren't hers to take, but she believed she DESERVED it. People that think they just DESERVE to be given everything that want, anytime they want it need to be smacked upside the head. And as NotoriousSMALL pointed out, Twilight wasn't even around when Sunset got all pissy and jumped into the human world. She wasn't overshadowed by Twilight. She was just told "no".

• Brohoof 8

Yes, you terrible, terrible person. 

(JK, don't crucify me.)

Pinkie Okie doki Loki then :):P

Twilight's alright. She's #4 in my favorite Mane Six list.

But I've almost always found it impossible to HATE a character.

I just don't see the purpose in it. It uses energy you could use some something else.

Twilight's the personification of magic and friendship. Literally, friendship IS magic.

So yeah she's very powerful. But she never started anything with anyone or acted like a brat about it.

Trixie is debatable, as she's full of herself, but she's just a stage performer. Twilight didn't overshadow her until Trixie admitted she lied about the Ursa thing, and Twilight had to step in to keep the baby Ursa from destroying the town. And that's not Twilight being a showoff or anything. If you have the ability to help, you HELP, and that what she did. Trixie took it personally though.

As for Sunset Shimmer, though I don't really like or watch anything related to Equestria Girls, she was also incredibly talented. Probably as much as Twilight. Her problem though is like she's kind of power hungry, wanting to take things that weren't hers to take, but she believed she DESERVED it. People that think they just DESERVE to be given everything that want, anytime they want it need to be smacked upside the head. And as NotoriousSMALL pointed out, Twilight wasn't even around when Sunset got all pissy and jumped into the human world. She wasn't overshadowed by Twilight. She was just told "no".

Ok, but I didn't ever mention the word 'hate'. Only dislike ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Trixie and Sunset Shimmer's intentions weren't good anyway.

I agree she's too much in the spotlight though, she's really a "Mrs Perfect" and it would be nice to see her failing from time to time...

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

Trixie and Sunset Shimmer's intentions weren't good anyway.

I agree she's too much in the spotlight though, she's really a "Mrs Perfect" and it would be nice to see her failing from times to times...

Ya the Trixie and SS thing is probably going a bit too far... But it would be nice to see her fail once or twice and the rest of the elements saving the day...
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight at least had redeeming qualities before becoming an alicorn, but even still there have been some problems before then. For instance, watching Boast Busters, if you ask yourself "Why is Twilight so powerful?" the good answer is "Because she's the princess's personal protege who's been studying magic for most of her life." But by the time that episode aired, none of that was shown at all, and the episode itself simply says "Because her cutie mark is magic, so it's her inborn talent", which is a much less interesting or gratifying answer.

I really couldn't care less about your opinion.

My least favorite of the mane 6 is Fluttershy, but i can see why alot of bronies seem to like her the most.

And no, i don't hate you. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Most popular dislike probably stems from people wrongly accusing Princess Twilight of being a "Mary Sue". But the focus is on her because she is the main character. Friendship is Magic is her story. Still, it's not wrong to dislike her anyway. I am not too fond of Rainbow Dash most of the time but she is still a good character.

• Brohoof 2

I dislike Twilicorn rather than Twilight herself. Since becoming an alicorn, Twilight's perfection has risen to a downright insufferable level. Seriously, she almost never makes mistakes or displays any flaws, and the writers obviously want us to view her as a shining beacon of perfection, which is particularly insulting, considering all the morally wrong things she has done since becoming an alicorn. 

Examples of these "morally wrong" things include transforming her friends into breezies, not only without even telling them what she was going to do to them, but also without bothering to get their consent. While once Twilight actually did get consent from her friends before she cast spells on them, she now apparently thinks of her friends as guinea pigs to be used for her own magical experiments. And of course there's Flutterbat, which I view as being about 95% Twilight's fault, yet she's very quick to distribute blame so as to take it off of herself and ultimately not take as much responsibility. 

But is Twilight ever portrayed as in the wrong for these things like she should be? Of course not! Instead, with the breezy spell, we're only meant to see her as the hero who knew what to do when no one else did. With Flutterbat, we're meant to put more blame on Applejack just because the dispute came between her and Fluttershy. 

I could seriously go on and on about how much I dislike Twilicorn and how much of a better character Twilight was when she was a unicorn, but I'll just leave it at that. 

• Brohoof 5

I don't get why anyone would dislike a character in the show. Twilight is the main character of the whole show, so it makes sense she'd get the most attention. No, I don't think you are the only one who dislikes her, but I honestly don't get the people who do, for any character.

Edited by Geek0zoid
  • Brohoof 2

I dislike Twilicorn rather than Twilight herself. Since becoming an alicorn, Twilight's perfection has risen to a downright insufferable level. Seriously, she almost never makes mistakes or displays any flaws, and the writers obviously want us to view her as a shining beacon of perfection, which is particularly insulting, considering all the morally wrong things she has done since becoming an alicorn. 

Examples of these "morally wrong" things include transforming her friends into breezies, not only without even telling them what she was going to do to them, but also without bothering to get their consent. While once Twilight actually did get consent from her friends before she cast spells on them, she now apparently thinks of her friends as guinea pigs to be used for her own magical experiments. And of course there's Flutterbat, which I view as being about 95% Twilight's fault, yet she's very quick to distribute blame so as to take it off of herself and ultimately not take as much responsibility. 

But is Twilight ever portrayed as in the wrong for these things like she should be? Of course not! Instead, with the breezy spell, we're only meant to see her as the hero who knew what to do when no one else did. With Flutterbat, we're meant to put more blame on Applejack just because the dispute came between her and Fluttershy. 

I could seriously go on and on about how much I dislike Twilicorn and how much of a better character Twilight was when she was a unicorn, but I'll just leave it at that.

*sighs* Finally! I am not alone. Twi was better as a unicorn. That face when she became an alicorn... Do you like AJ btw? And I also agree strongly with this.
  • Brohoof 1

post-32043-0-14163700-1424029983.jpgmeh. it feels like twilight became a different character when she got wings. but i like old twilight, so that makes me disagree with you.

Edited by Peytonjay
  • Brohoof 1

Of course it's totally fine to dislike a character, that's completely subjective. There's no right or wrong when it comes to that. It would be a little unfair if you disliked her based on her actions, as she's never really shown any kind of arrogance or superiority as a result of her title. But of course everyone has their own opinions and you're more than free to like/dislike whoever you please. :)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2