Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could leave everything behind and start anew

khaine21x3

Would you leave?  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Would you leave everything behind to move to a new land?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Other

Leaving everyone you knew including your old job , your family , friends and the old environment but you're able to move anywhere in the world and lead any kind of life.

Sometimes I thought of permanently moving away from civilization just so I can enjoy a somewhat naturalist lifestyle but I realize the hard labor needed and the danger of being so far away from medical facilities so it just remains a fantasy.

Well, not that I'd want to, because I love my life.

But if I did, I would become a mass murderer, taking the lives of others because I was denied the right to have my own. I wouldn't be able to make a new start because I'd be too confused and insane and busy murdering people. That is my honest answer, take or leave.

Edited by Dev
  • Brohoof 1

I am not the adventurous type. I have already been doing a lot of moving in my lifetime and have already done so recently. It's a painful process, especially since I had to leave so much sheet music and DVDs behind in Indonesia to move (again) to Canada.

@@mycarhasaMoustache,

What's stopping you if you have absolutely nothing to lose? There are lots of opportunities to work  in or migrate to other countries.

A massive mountain of debt is what is holding me back if I was debt free I would be gone, Screw this place. I have a friend in the us who would let me move into his house for a while and that is exactly what Im going to do if I ever figure out a way to rid of my debt. :(

I have no.desire to do such a thing. I am very close to my sister and family, same with my friends. And I could never never NEVER leave my boyfriend and my dear dog. Home is with my boyfriend, to just leave and start over somewhere without him would mean to loose my home

I honestly don't know. I'd have to actually be put into that situation in order to know what I'd do. I think fear of the unknown may get the best of me on this one. I've gotten so used to where I am, and I've fallen in love with it.

But if I did, I would become a mass murderer, taking the lives of others because I was denied the right to have my own. I wouldn't be able to make a new start because I'd be too confused and insane and busy murdering people. That is my honest answer, take or leave.

ಠ_ಠ

If an amazing once-in-a-lifetime opportunity presented itself, I'd probably take it. I'm not overly attached to my college life and I hardly ever see my family anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I've spent the past 10+years working VERY hard to be where I am. No interest in starting over. Still, new experiences are important to me. Once this chapter in my life is finished, I will be open to starting anew on my own terms (and financially/socially secure).

@@mycarhasaMoustache, your username. I like it.

Anyways getting back to the topic seeing as most of my family is either dead or on their last leg, yes. My friends will still be with me in memory. I would want to start a new life in a farmland that i own. working in the hot sun while listening to dubsteb/house/tance/dance/metal on speakers and not  headphones would be hella tight. and off-roading in the vast amounts of space i would have would be heaven. My current life isnt bad but there is alot of room for improvement i can't make due to circumstances. 

Well that depends, would this new land include Spaceships? An increase in interest in science? A dramatic decrease to the seemingly high population of morons on the world?

Then heck yeah I'd be over there!

However, if said new land didn't have any of those things, I'd rather just stay right where I am.

Done and done! I guess it's difficult to start anew in completely different land, but I think I like it better like this. No one knew me, and that made it all the easier to live without  those negative things that had been associated with me.

Yeah, that was a smart move...

• 10 months later...

It sounds wrong.. but yes.. I would.

I don't have any family... what "Friends" I do have most of the time we don't say 2 words to each other... and  they have soo many friends as it is.. so they well be fine without me... and the only friend that would more then likely miss me.. would be my boss.. 

• 4 months later...

As much of an escapist as I am... as of now, I honestly cannot say I have the heart to do something like this. People I know have given me a lot and even if I'm still personally not where I want to be I won't sacrifice those who helped me get as far as I have. Besides, I still need to prove to myself that I can accomplish what I want.

I put a maybe. I've had thoughts about "What would it be like leaving everything behind and going to a new land?". I don't really have severe depression, but I have my thoughts where I wish I could leave.

BUT! I could not, because I do have a loving family and my very few close friends I care for. I do not have a lot of friends, but my very few I care deeply for. I could never leave all this D: