Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sugar Cube Liar?

_The Doctor_

Okay maybe I'm just stirring up trouble but, do you ponies think all the junk food eaten in MLP is giving bad diet advice? As far as I know a lot of the food is from sugar cube corner is junk food. However do you think the apples they eat make fruit desirable?

No, OP, My Little Pony causes you to crave junk food just as much as it causes you to crave daisy sandwiches, I mean seriously, not just MLP, but no show ever has influenced my eating habits. I doubt it really does for other people either.

Umm... I may not be helping you make you point here, but after "Over a Barrel" aired I wanted, nothing but apple pie for like, a week -_- Also Zap apples...  I want them

Edited by Sturdy Wing

Umm... I may not be helping you make you point here, but after "Over a Barrel" aired I wanted, nothing but apple pie for like, a week -_- Also Zap apples...  I want them

My point wasn't that it wouldn't make you want to eat something, I said it wouldn't change your over all diet, which is what the OP was asking. I probably typed my response in a way that was too generic, sorry about that.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Now I want apple pie... Brb gonna go drive over to Publix real quick, anypony want something? ;P 

But seriously, I don't think it has a real effect

But seriously... I am going to get pie

ALSO before I read the thread you were going to call out SugarCube Corner for not being on an actual corner :P 

Edited by Sturdy Wing
  • Brohoof 1

The only way MLP has influenced my dietary habits has been to give me bizarre cravings for cider, and the habit of chanting "Cider! Cider! Cider!" when I'm about to get some, often resulting in weird glances from other people.

• Brohoof 7

It really hasn't changed my eating habits, but after "Apple Family Reunion," I've wanted to try an apple fritter and just see what they taste like.  I think they sell them at Starbucks, anyone know if apple fritters are any good?  If I like them, I'll pull up to the drive thru and just say, "Moar apple fwittur?"

No. Apples are still as "meh" as they alwaus have been and I never have cravings for cake.

No, OP, My Little Pony causes you to crave junk food just as much as it causes you to crave daisy sandwiches.

I have eaten daisies (Don't ask. Just think childish 11 year old games of dare) and they don't taste that bad.

• Brohoof 1

Well I do like to eat a muffin while watching the show sometimes, but that's mainly because we have them in the house and it's sort of fitting for the show. I'm not *more* interested in cupcakes or muffins because of the show.

Eh, pretty sure the show doesn't affect anyones eatting habits really that directly. If thats the case we'd have alot of bronies eating daisy sandwiches.

Its just there for the atmosphere and the ocational humor, it really shouldn't be affecting anypony's eating habits, if so then you need to get over it, I mean I'm quite big on eating sugar, and I probably eat a little much at times, but MLP hasn't made me crave more sugar or anything, thats just dumb.

Wait....what does MLP have to do with food

Whenever I watch MLP I crave for nothing at all

Except for what I wanna eat

But then again I don't crave things as easily so....I guess that's just me

I doubt it really does for other people either.

I believe The Cookie Monster form Sesame Street was forced into a life of healthier alternatives from parents complaining that there children wanted to eat nothing but cookies, or a situation very similar to that. Never underestimate the power of lovable cartoon characters. 

Also, i'm not going to lie. If a daisy sandwich looked as good in real life as it did in MLP. I'd down it. 

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno about junk food, but after watching any Rarity-heavy episode, I tend to get a pretty good craving for marshmallows. I wonder why that is.

Not at all. They are ponies, not actual humans. If ponies eating cake is giving off bad diet habits to kids, I don't know whats happening to this country anymore. It is just a cartoon, not real life. And anyways, who doesn't love a piece of cake with some milk. :lol:

Being honest, I did have a craving for cake watching MLP especially after watching Mmmmm Express and I usually don't like cake. That and the apple cider episode made me want to eat apples. But it didn't turn me into a junk food eater. It's just in that moment I wanted to eat something from the show.

Edited by poniesforfun

I think everyone wants Zap Apples after seeing that  :wub:

But for my own comment, I haven't heard of any other TV show creating bad eating habits amongst fans. The cupcakes and other "junk" food is just for comedic purposes  ;)

Being that I really can't handle very sugary sweets (they make me nauseous), I never had any interest in cakes and such before MLP, and that disinterest still remains. So no, MLP doesn't make me crave sugary junk food. :P

I do notice I eat muffins a bit more now, though, thanks to Derpy. :P But I usually get the healthy varieties.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon