Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

2. Though Applejack has the 2nd-lowest fan club following, she has very hardy fans that are willing to support her. The "strong, not-so-silent" types! I've noticed they have a tendency to show up where there's a vote to be given!   :huh:

Apple pony fans run on apple pony logic.

> Competition = Fall Weather Friends

> I CAN WIN ALL THEM TOURNAMENTS 

> Small fanbase? IS THAT A CHALLENGE

> RAISE THE VOTES RAISE THE VOTES ONE TWO THREE FOUR

> we applefans we are proud to say/stick together the pony way

> before AJ was declared the official winner of March Madness "EVERY COLOR OF RIBBON. EVERY COLOR BUT BLUE  :("

> *Applejack isn't in the lead by 40 votes*

*enacts Somepony to Watch Over Me conditions on thread*

> OH MAH APPLEJACK AT 41 VOTES AHEAD I BETTER CHECK ON THA THREAD

> "JUST CHECKIN YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THAT MAYOR MARE"

> "AH MEAN THAT GAL'S A POLITICIAN"

Speaking of tournaments, I'll be pulling for Dashie! She's the underdog of the Mane 6 from the looks of it, but that just puts her in a good position to upset a lot of matches.  :)

• Brohoof 3

Admittedly it feels weird hearing Rainbow Dash be called the underdog. I guess S4 really did do a number on her

mlp_fim__rainbow_dash_in_school_by_hoodi

• Brohoof 4

Have a hat, Rainbow Dash. I think it fits you very well!

Qo4CFme.png

Apple pony fans run on apple pony logic. > Competition = Fall Weather Friends > I CAN WIN ALL THEM TOURNAMENTS > Small fanbase? IS THAT A CHALLENGE > RAISE THE VOTES RAISE THE VOTES ONE TWO THREE FOUR > we applefans we are proud to say/stick together the pony way > before AJ was declared the official winner of March Madness "EVERY COLOR OF RIBBON. EVERY COLOR BUT BLUE :(" > *Applejack isn't in the lead by 40 votes* *enacts Somepony to Watch Over Me conditions on thread* > OH MAH APPLEJACK AT 41 VOTES AHEAD I BETTER CHECK ON THA THREAD > "JUST CHECKIN YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THAT MAYOR MARE" > "AH MEAN THAT GAL'S A POLITICIAN"

Dang, you're onto something here :lol:

Speaking of tournaments, I'll be pulling for Dashie! She's the underdog of the Mane 6 from the looks of it, but that just puts her in a good position to upset a lot of matches.

Admittedly it feels weird hearing Rainbow Dash be called the underdog. I guess S4 really did do a number on her

Hurray :D. And I don't know if I'd blame Season 4, necessarily, even if hers left something to be desired a lot of the time. I think it comes down to Dash not being favored by neutral voters especially often, and I think it's been this way for a long time. Doubt S4 helped, but it's felt like this to me for a while. Shrug. We'll just do what we can do :)

Unrelated to all of that, I'd really like to see something out of Dash's family in Season 5. She's already dealt with tests involving friends, false friends, herself, dreams, heroes, surrogate sisters, and all of that, and it'd be kind of fresh to introduce new people who really should be very important to her and have them be a part of some challenge. Maybe her parents are going through a rough time financially, and she feels pressured to go and help them out, while also not wanting to leave her obligations in Ponyville? Not sure how that'd play out or whether that'd be a good story, but I do feel that throwing her parents into the mix would be great for her character. Their interactions would help give us a better idea of how Dash became who she is, and I'm sure they could be very entertaining too :)

330543.png

• Brohoof 5

Good morning! Or evening, in my case...

Having an episode about Rainbow Dash and her family would be great, and I'm curious to learn more about her dad we saw in that one episode. What's he like? What's his talent? Who's gonna do his voice? I have no idea... even more questions about her mother, obviously, but we haven't even seen her yet!

Rainbow Dash is so excited to learn more about her own family!

40632__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_artist

• Brohoof 3

Today I saw "May the Best Pet Win!" and "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" for the first time.  I really enjoyed the former; Dashie's the only pony that could possibly pull off this look:

post-26550-0-59766800-1402098996_thumb.png

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well," on the other hand...  It started off great lol.  Totally warranted Dashie worship, her being awesome in general...  And she blushed!  Twice!!  Then it just degenerated into...  Blah.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been anywhere near as forgiving / understanding as Dashie was at the end of the episode.  I'd have written an angry letter to P. Celestia about how my friends were jerks that couldn't stand seeing me in the spotlight for long. xD  They even complained after she saved the life of a BABY.  If someone saves a baby, they have officially earned bragging rights.

xD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-2710986-1-mlp_fim__rainbow_dash_in_s

This... Makes me think of Calvin & Hobbes for some reason. (Namely Calvin, for obvious reasons)

Edited by Rarity
Spoilered large image
  • Brohoof 1

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well" is up there for my favorite Rainbow Dash episodes.

Not only does she get her own fan club and universal praise, but she does awesome tricks, saves, and soaks up the adoration of Ponyville in the most awesome way possible. Spike is best Ghostwriter!

I also love the episode because Rainbow Dash's friends fall into a fit of envy and jealousy and rob her of the spotlight because they can't take her hogging all the fame.

But I guess that's technically just my own headcannon...

• Brohoof 3

Dang, you're onto something here :lol:

Hurray :D. And I don't know if I'd blame Season 4, necessarily, even if hers left something to be desired a lot of the time. I think it comes down to Dash not being favored by neutral voters especially often, and I think it's been this way for a long time. Doubt S4 helped, but it's felt like this to me for a while. Shrug. We'll just do what we can do :)

Unrelated to all of that, I'd really like to see something out of Dash's family in Season 5. She's already dealt with tests involving friends, false friends, herself, dreams, heroes, surrogate sisters, and all of that, and it'd be kind of fresh to introduce new people who really should be very important to her and have them be a part of some challenge. Maybe her parents are going through a rough time financially, and she feels pressured to go and help them out, while also not wanting to leave her obligations in Ponyville? Not sure how that'd play out or whether that'd be a good story, but I do feel that throwing her parents into the mix would be great for her character. Their interactions would help give us a better idea of how Dash became who she is, and I'm sure they could be very entertaining too :)

img-2712055-1-330543.png

I remember seeing this pop up from the TCG

CanterlotNights_017.jpg

I don't know if he's Rainbow Dash's dad or not, but I really hope we get to see Rainbow Blaze in S5 

Today I saw "May the Best Pet Win!" and "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" for the first time.  I really enjoyed the former; Dashie's the only pony that could possibly pull off this look:

attachicon.gifi_m_your_sexy_coach_rainbow_dash_by_cloudsdalecompanion-d5pvpa4.png

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well," on the other hand...  It started off great lol.  Totally warranted Dashie worship, her being awesome in general...  And she blushed!  Twice!!  Then it just degenerated into...  Blah.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been anywhere near as forgiving / understanding as Dashie was at the end of the episode.  I'd have written an angry letter to P. Celestia about how my friends were jerks that couldn't stand seeing me in the spotlight for long. xD  They even complained after she saved the life of a BABY.  If someone saves a baby, they have officially earned bragging rights.

xD

tbf I think MMDW portrays RD's loyalty the best, most people would've ditched their friends after a stunt like that :okiedokielokie:. But really, they had the best intentions(even if it was poorly done imo), so I could see it being pretty easy for her to forgive them

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well" is up there for my favorite Rainbow Dash episodes.

Not only does she get her own fan club and universal praise, but she does awesome tricks, saves, and soaks up the adoration of Ponyville in the most awesome way possible. Spike is best Ghostwriter!

I also love the episode because Rainbow Dash's friends fall into a fit of envy and jealousy and rob her of the spotlight because they can't take her hogging all the fame.

lol this is a pretty funny way to look at it

• Brohoof 4

You listed the best parts and the part that rubbed me the wrong way lol.  And actually, I 100% agree with your interpretation of her friends' behavior.  Dashie really isn't the type to hold grudges, though.

I will hold one in her stead. xD

tbf I think MMDW portrays RD's loyalty the best, most people would've ditched their friends after a stunt like that :okiedokielokie:.

Excellent point.  Maybe I'll judge it less harshly when I watch it again.

• Brohoof 1

You listed the best parts and the part that rubbed me the wrong way lol.  And actually, I 100% agree with your interpretation of her friends' behavior.  Dashie really isn't the type to hold grudges, though.

I will hold one in her stead. xD

Excellent point.  Maybe I'll judge it less harshly when I watch it again.

You may hold that grudge...

But I actually love how her friends react. To me, it's actually realistic for them to be jealous of Rainbow Dash, and they actually just acted out on that jealousy. Sure, Rainbow Dash has made mistakes too, but in my book, this is a mistake her friends made, and to me that makes them seem more related in a way to me. I get jealous all the time, man.

And let's face it: when you've got Rainbow Dash as a friend... you'd be jealous a lot of all that awesome!

Plus, I love seeing good characters act out and do bad things sometimes, so in my headcannon, the rest of the Mane Six got to become villains for an episode.

• Brohoof 2

tbf I think MMDW portrays RD's loyalty the best, most people would've ditched their friends after a stunt like that :okiedokielokie:. But really, they had the best intentions(even if it was poorly done imo), so I could see it being pretty easy for her to forgive them

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well" is up there for my favorite Rainbow Dash episodes. Not only does she get her own fan club and universal praise, but she does awesome tricks, saves, and soaks up the adoration of Ponyville in the most awesome way possible. Spike is best Ghostwriter! I also love the episode because Rainbow Dash's friends fall into a fit of envy and jealousy and rob her of the spotlight because they can't take her hogging all the fame. But I guess that's technically just my own headcannon..

You listed the best parts and the part that rubbed me the wrong way lol. And actually, I 100% agree with your interpretation of her friends' behavior. Dashie really isn't the type to hold grudges, though.

Mm, how everyone else responded to her inflating ego really rubbed me the wrong way for a long time. Still kind of does, and I think that's frankly a poor way of trying to get a message across. Still though, I've actually grown to like and appreciate the episode for kicking off some good character development for her. Whether or not this was supposed to be part of the lesson, I think everything in that episode served as a harsh wake up call to the fact that people are fickle as heck. If they like you for being flashy, cool and special then you'd better hope nobody flashier, cooler and specialer comes along. Seems to me that Dash figured out that being a hero is about building others up (I.E, Flutters, Scootaloo, etc.) rather than hoping everyone will do that for you. Much more lasting and satisfying, and it's also not about her. It's actually pretty fantastic, thinking about it that way :)

@Stellafera, I have never seen or read this before, but after reading the first few sentences and seeing Rainbow Dash inform spar against Firefly about why homework is dumb, I think I'll have to read through the whole thing! Thanks!

Do it :D. Is very good :)

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

You may hold that grudge...

But I actually love how her friends react. To me, it's actually realistic for them to be jealous of Rainbow Dash, and they actually just acted out on that jealousy. Sure, Rainbow Dash has made mistakes too, but in my book, this is a mistake her friends made, and to me that makes them seem more related in a way to me. I get jealous all the time, man.

And let's face it: when you've got Rainbow Dash as a friend... you'd be jealous a lot of all that awesome!

Plus, I love seeing good characters act out and do bad things sometimes, so in my headcannon, the rest of the Mane Six got to become villains for an episode.

From now on, if I have an issue with an episode, I'mma post it here and hope you spin it like you did "Mare Do Well" lol.  Made me feel better about the whole thing (not that I was in tears or punching strangers in the face over it or anything).

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

From now on, if I have an issue with an episode, I'mma post it here and hope you spin it in like you did "Mare Do Well" lol.  Made me feel better about the whole thing (not that I was in tears or punching strangers in the face over it or anything).

Please, please do that. I have so much fun twisting situations, especially with Rainbow Dash, to make it so much better for me. I think it helps that I love egotistical characters so much, I just can't help myself!

• Brohoof 2

I actually think that the lesson the other 5 taught RD about fame going to your head is very appropriate. It's fine to be awesome (as she is, of course) but you have to be humble enough to know the difference between being proud of yourself and being prideful. She was becoming prideful and needed a humbling. That's what I believe lesson was.

I've always been a jack-of-all-sports and I am aware of that and am very grateful for it, but I've always had a hard time accepting compliments from people because my religion always taught "pride is a deadly sin" etc. Yes, they always taught that everyone needs to have a little pride, else we wouldn't do anything, but I struggled personally to find that balance. I took it so far that I didn't believe anybody when they said I did a good job. Now that I'm older, I've found that when people give me genuine compliments, I could say "yeah, I know I am." (which I actually do when it's my friends who are complimenting me, but they know I'm really sarcastic), but that becomes pridefully arrogant. But I try to say "well, hey! thanks!" and not let it go to my head, and then I feel good about myself in both regards! This is what RD learned from her friends.

• Brohoof 2

I actually think that the lesson the other 5 taught RD about fame going to your head is very appropriate. It's fine to be awesome (as she is, of course) but you have to be humble enough to know the difference between being proud of yourself and being prideful. She was becoming prideful and needed a humbling. That's what I believe lesson was.

Well of course, that's the lesson the episode tries to teach...

But her friends are obviously jealous in the way they look at her while she brags, and instead of going to Rainbow Dash and trying to talk to her about her ego, they instead do the next most "rational thing"...  collectively dress up as a superhero and go around town trumping Rainbow Dash and humiliating her.

Does that seem like a rational response to somepony being egotistical?

Nope, and I love it. Heck, you can see the envy in them when Rainbow Dash comes to sulk with them; they all praise how great Mare Do Well is, obviously feeding into their own egos.

• Brohoof 2

I actually think that the lesson the other 5 taught RD about fame going to your head is very appropriate. It's fine to be awesome (as she is, of course) but you have to be humble enough to know the difference between being proud of yourself and being prideful. She was becoming prideful and needed a humbling. That's what I believe lesson was. I've always been a jack-of-all-sports and I am aware of that and am very grateful for it, but I've always had a hard time accepting compliments from people because my religion always taught "pride is a deadly sin" etc. Yes, they always taught that everyone needs to have a little pride, else we wouldn't do anything, but I struggled personally to find that balance. I took it so far that I didn't believe anybody when they said I did a good job. Now that I'm older, I've found that when people give me genuine compliments, I could say "yeah, I know I am." (which I actually do when it's my friends who are complimenting me, but they know I'm really sarcastic), but that becomes pridefully arrogant. But I try to say "well, hey! thanks!" and not let it go to my head, and then I feel good about myself in both regards! This is what RD learned from her friends.

I'm in agreement with you about the lesson, but I also agree with Rainblow Hash that certain things in that episode just made the whole thing come off badly. Like what he mentions here

Heck, you can see the envy in them when Rainbow Dash comes to sulk with them; they all praise how great Mare Do Well is, obviously feeding into their own egos.

Would've been nice if they'd attempted to talk with her about the problem beforehand, in my opinion. You can talk all you want about whether she would've listened to them, but there should've been better communication between them and her throughout the whole thing, and it seemed like they were kind of ignorant to how she was responding to the lesson they were trying to teach. Their only real interaction with Dash all throughout the plan was to fawn all over Mare Do Well like everyone else, seemingly indifferent to how this was just riling her up even more. Say what you will about Dash's arrogance in the beginning, but she never purposefully did it while knowing it was driving someone up the wall.

At this point, Dash is a pretty pathetic figure. Everything she tries to do goes horribly wrong, she's miserable and lonely, and everyone else seems to be too interested in this new amazing hero to care. Was this largely her fault? Yep. Was this experience good for her in the end? It seems so. But I also think there could've been a lot less pain involved if they'd approached it differently. Not trying to paint Dash as right, because she wasn't. Not trying to paint the others as wrong, because Dash badly needed a wakeup call, and they were saving lives, after all. I just think that they should've paid more attention to how Dash was taking the whole thing.

And on that note, have a good song about best pony.

• Brohoof 6

@, I've always pointed out how they could've just talked to Rainbow Dash about her ego, but instead they went off the deep end and constructed an entire character just to teach her a lesson.

Yes, lives were saved, but as the Mane Six, they could've saved those lives anyway. They could've just went and talked to Rainbow Dash, who was completely unaware that she was making them feel inadequate bad with all her self-praising. If they wanted to humble her, they could've tried to be humble themselves and swallow their own pride and talk to her about it.

To me, if you actually examine the episode, there were flaws on both sides that should've been addressed, but then again, when the matters of ego, pride, and awesome rainbow ponies are all mixed together, I guess someponies just don't think straight!

• Brohoof 3