Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

Actually, Google's results are regional! Surprising, eh? It depends on what you and people in your area search for! Or it depends on your settings. Mine doesn't actually bring up too many guesses (usually 2) and a couple things I've searched previously. So, RD is popular near you!

And I continued filling in the show title, one letter at a time.  Twilight Sparkle popped up when "My Little Pony" was filled in, and then Fluttershy when "Friendship is Magic" was finished.  The others never popped up in the suggestions.  So I guess that means that, around here, The best ponies are RD, Twi, Flutters, and then nobody cares after that.  Lol.

• Brohoof 2

What did I tell ya?!

She's an expert!

Right this way, folks, Rainbow Dash's "Sleeping School Extravaganza" is open for business! If you want to learn how to sleep like the fastest, sleekest, sexiest, and coolest mare around, Rainbow Dash is the coach for you!

img-2747585-1-20121101211316!Rainbow_Das

You accidentally crossed out sexiest again 8D

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite main pony unfortunately. I wonder what the RD fan club has to say about their favorite pony? Why is she the favorite?

You mean you didn't read through the last 63 pages of material before asking?? I thought it would have been obvious by now! haha

I have the most in common with her! Every time I take a NON-PONY personality test (and even when I take a pony personality test) I always have the same characteristics as "Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow Dash!" Loyalty, Commitment, Competitiveness, Apparent Aloofness; Sarcasm, Athleticism, Strong Will, Love of Books/Reading. What's not to love?

My fellow RD fans will have seen these before...

She knows how to relax

post-25639-0-06057400-1403033891_thumb.png

She's gorgeous

post-25639-0-22969300-1403033892_thumb.png

She has her own fan base in the show

post-25639-0-27686300-1403033895_thumb.png

She keeps her composure "Sup?"

post-25639-0-26395600-1403033896.gif

She's a goof!

post-25639-0-71171100-1403033896.gif

She knows how to stay 20% cooler than anypony else!

post-25639-0-88348300-1403034077.gif

• Brohoof 4

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite main pony unfortunately. I wonder what the RD fan club has to say about their favorite pony? Why is she the favorite?

There're a lot more reasons than you probably want to hear (though I can keep elaborating if you like :catface:) so I'll just try to boil this down as much as possible. She's a character with a massive amount of flaws, and I think it's very satisfying when she works through them to do something amazing anyway. She's a character who dreams big and lives her life in persistent pursuit of her goals, which I think is admirable. Her dreams also test her. She wants to be the very best like no one ever was, and loves personal glory and success, but her best quality is loyalty, or dedication and commitment to others. That's what makes Dash so awesome. She loves her dreams a lot, but she cares about her friends and her integrity even more. I'm going to share a picture I usually dump while talking about this ^_^

TSc1wDW.jpg

^That right there is an awesome pony. And lately, she's been showing a lot of commitment to building others up instead of herself. Whether it's encouraging Fluttershy that her contributions are important, helping Scootaloo grow up confident and feeling good about herself, or stuff like telling Applejack that she's amazing even if she can't win every competition out there. Dash started out as a silly, fun pony but not a very mature one, and by now she's remarkably levelheaded, kind and supportive when the situation calls for it. And she's stayed as silly and fun as ever all the while :)

493532.gif

Look at this adorable nerd

So yeah, that's a lot of it :). Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ramble :P. On another note, it turns out my little cousin is into MLP and sleeps with a little stuffed Rainbow Dash every night :wub:

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Oh thou knoweth not what thou hath unleashed lol. xD  Don't worry - completely friendly post incoming:

I admit that there are a number of superficial reasons: her sleek body, flowing mane, specTACULAR hooves, etcetera (Gesundheit!).  But I won't dwell on those overmuch - I mean, within the context of this post xD.  She has some genuine virtues: she's brave, quick-to-act, confident, heroic, and loyal; those are obvious draws...  BUT - and here's the part that might surprise you - her flaws are just as much of a draw.  If she were always a goody-four-shoes, perfecty perfect pants, there'd never be an internal struggle, a moment of self-doubt or moral weakness, or what have you.  Can you say, "BORRRRING?"  Of course, I'm not saying the other characters don't have flaws, but Dashie's somehow manage to be both understandable and unexpectedly endearing.  I experience the biggest emotional responses to the big moments when she overcomes an obstacle; whether it was something thrown at her or something internal and less tangible.

And although she might toot her own horn a bit concerning her coolness, awesomeness, and radicalness (and how could she not), she often seems oblivious to (or even attempts to hide) some of her other appealing attributes.  I swear, that sky blue mare has made SO many darned "sexy faces" at completely random and nigh inappropriate moments.  With the tomboy-ish thing, she isn't often overtly or conventionally feminine (like, say, Fluttershy or Rarity - and I'm not knocking either of them, mind you).  So when she lets slip an undeniable "oh ho ho" moment (so-named because I've made that sound in response), it's at least 20% adorable-er.  The same 20% rule applies when she does the right thing because it IS the right thing (even if it wasn't immediately apparent to her).  Or shows affection and / or concern for a friend.  Don't get me wrong: I sometimes like the altruistic types.  But Dashie manages to be conflicted, a bit self-centered, and sometimes overconfident...  And STILL do the right thing.  Still be there for others.  For an animated pony...  She's pretty darned human.  But still a smexy pony.  Sorry, said I wouldn't dwell on that.  I'll strike these bits.

I lied.  And YES: she's sexy, cute, cool, silly, quick to let out a squeaky laugh, humorously tactless at times, surprisingly tactful at other times, and all-around awesome.  I'm not just a fan: I'm a great admirer.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 6

I'm not just a fan: I'm a great admirer.

And in a way, we all admire our favorite ponies. It was good to receive well thought out responses from RD fans concerning my question. The best thing about her is that she usually does the right thing, even if it takes some time. Anyway, I would gladly help people understand more about Twilight in her own fan board if asked. Well, carry on. :)

• Brohoof 3

Would Rainbow be the type to rollerblade? Probably

Immediately made me think of what she subjected Apple Bloom to lol:

^ In my opinion, that entire sequence with Dashie was the most redeeming part of "Call of the Cutie."  (I've since warmed to the CMC, but darn did they bug me at first lol.)

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself until the season 4 DVDs release.  Aside from climbing the walls. 

OH, I KNOW!  I'll buy this and have her do flips until they release:

^ Oh gods the voice is so completely wrong lol.  And I don't like how aggressive that woman is with the toy.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself until the season 4 DVDs release.  Aside from climbing the walls. 

OH, I KNOW!  I'll buy this and have her do flips until they release:

^ Oh gods the voice is so completely wrong lol.  And I don't like how aggressive that woman is with the toy.

0:15 ... THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT RAINBOW DASH!!! EVEN IF IT'S IMPOSTOR!!

That voice is SO creepy!

I can honestly say I will never have any interest in buying this 'RD' toy...

• Brohoof 1

0:15 ... THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT RAINBOW DASH!!! EVEN IF IT'S IMPOSTOR!!

That voice is SO creepy!

I can honestly say I will never have any interest in buying this 'RD' toy...

This is how desperate I am for more RD merch. xD  I mean, I've got a brushable and a plushie; neither could really be considered "show accurate."  And was it really too much to ask for them to use her show voice??  *Sigh* When are they going to release a show accurate, life-sized RD lol?  That I can hug when no one is looking??

• Brohoof 2

This is how desperate I am for more RD merch. xD  I mean, I've got a brushable and a plushie; neither could really be considered "show accurate."  And was it really too much to ask for them to use her show voice??  *Sigh* When are they going to release a show accurate, life-sized RD lol?  That I can hug when no one is looking??

As of right now, I only have one piece of MLP merch, and it's RD of course (honestly, I'm amazed I forgot to share these with the RD fan club!! I posted them a couple other places before I joined this club!).

Behold their majesty:

post-25639-0-61173300-1395902837_thumb.j

10294329_10152149074218763_4736081095158

• Brohoof 4

As cool as they genuinely are...  I don't own any long-sleeved shirt shirts lol.  But I appreciate your posting the link, all the same; they look great.  But then, RD so has the best cutie mark.