What are your thoughts about Chrysalis?

FancyPhoenix

I liked Chrysalis the moment I first saw her in the season 2 finale. To me she is not just a villain. She is THE BEST villain. Had she been in the recent "Most Attractive Pony" -tournament (I know, she's not exactly a "pony", but still) I'm sure she would've made it far  -_-

I find her very attractive in her own way. I tried to find a thread like this, but couldn't for some reason, so here's a thread for all Chrysalis-fans to spread their love (and pictures ofc.) for the cutest, most awesome villain who ever set hoof on the show  ;)

I've noticed that many people dislike her, but I really can't understand why. Here are some pictures I find so totally and completely adorable, they just need to be shared  :wub:

post-10934-0-86477000-1361403486_thumb.png

Filly Chryssie! D'awwww!

post-10934-0-80171600-1361403491_thumb.png

Omnomnom :3

post-10934-0-64307300-1361403501_thumb.jpg

post-10934-0-56478200-1361403533_thumb.png

Happy Hearts and Hooves day! (a bit late, yeah, I know)

post-10934-0-88991000-1361403514_thumb.png

I'd give you a hug  :wub:

Isn't she just the best?? Go on and feed her that love! Tell your thoughts about her and share some cute pics  ;)

• Brohoof 3

I think she is alright. She is the best villain so far but she is the worst strategist ever. Hey guys! Let's go and use our shape shifting army to make a frontal attack on a city that knows we're coming instead of doing something smart and disguising ourselves to take the city from It's weak points! Good reason for invasion with poor execution.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, Chrys was an awesome villain, however it would've been even better if she didn't just hang about gloating and singing about her day. Just suck the lurve out of Equestria and be done with it like! But no, she had to become THAT type of villain as well......and paid for it.

I absolutely love Chrysalis! Not only is her character design fantastic, she's the most well-developed villain. She has a very legitimate reason to try and take Canterlot. She needs that love to live, adn she's responsible for her subjects. An absolutely fascinating villain, very fun to work with when writing fanfiction.

• Brohoof 1

I'm baffled that this topic hasn't existed before now. Huh.

Least impressive villain of the major four. I really don't care for villains who have to use the power of others to be a threat, and that's exactly what Chrysalis is. She's a parasite that needs to feed off the love of others in order to be truly powerful. She acted surprised that she actually beat Celestia, then proclaimed that 'Consuming it [shining Armor's love] has made me even more powerful than Celestia!".

She was a good villain, she had a good design, but I liked the other three more.

• Brohoof 1

I'm of the opinion that the reason A Canterlot Wedding is as loved by the community as it is is mostly because of Chrysalis. Without her, it's an alright pair of episodes with some more frustrating bits. Her, her song, and her cheese legs elevated the whole thing and made it memorable.

As I said in the Season 4 wishlist thread, I'd like to see her return. I find her quite the entertaining persona, and I can see her and her army of party cannon fodder minions becoming regular bad guys for the Mane 6 to fight when there isn't any kingdoms to save or chaos gods to overthrow.

Speaking of Chrysalis:

Chrysalis_Kills_kitten-1000_zps77df41a2.

That got bizzarly dark...

• Brohoof 1

She's the second best villain next to Discord. I doubt it but I hope they make her a villain in the season 4 opener..it would be perfect the crystal ponies are all excited and happy for the Equestria Games and suddenly all that love is zapped up.

I really do like Chrysalis as a villain. She is well the best villain, but she is 2nd to Discord in that category. She pretty much, feeds on love like a parasite to try to take over Canterlot. Impressive.

img-1195122-1-queen_chrysalis_wet_mane_by_ultimateultimate-d4xl6eu.png

Well when I meant design both graphically and her character. And how she was introduced was like WTF and that's a good thing. The other three seems very generic to me like you see them overused in other cartoons.

I mean the way she played around with Twilight and the viewers emotions was awesome. She made everyone abandon Twilight. Then this...

I'm sorry. YOU WILL BE. That was pretty cruel. :3

She's pretty twisted for a kid's cartoon villain and I like that.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 3

Well, if she wasn't have all the holes in her legs, I'd say she's pretty attractive. I will admit she is a great villain, although I like Discord better.

Chrysalis was fantastic. I loved how cruel and creepy she was but fun to watch, like a great Disney villain. She really turns up the emotional torque on Twilight, and she had two of the more jaw dropping moments in the series yet: the ending of A Canterlot Wedding Part 1, where she as Cadance banishes Twilight to the underground caverns, and her full transformation reveal in part 2.

Also great voice work by Kathleen Barr and Britt McKillip. Britt played the bitch in sheep's clothing very well, while Kathleen was delightfully creepy as the full-on Evil Queen.

Finally, her design. This may be my favorite character design in the series. It somehow manages to look elegant and disgusting at the same time- like if you took an Alicorn cadaver and combined it with an insect.

• Brohoof 1