Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Twilicorn Affected Your Views On Twilight Sparkle?

Shanks

For me it undoubtedly has and probably not in the way many of you expect. Yes I have made no secret of that the fact that though this can still work if Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs I am not a fan of it. It has actually in its own strange way reminded me of why I like Twilight Sparkle and actually bumped her up from my second favorite pony to her now being tied with Applejack and Luna for best pony. This however could change if the twilicorn concept is botched anymore than it already has been in the season 3 finale which I sincerely hope is not the case.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3

Nope. Even if I dislike the idea of Alicorn Twilight it seems stupid and arbitrary to lower my opinion of her as a character because of it. If anything, watching her sort out the mess she made, her angst over it and seeing how far she's come over the course of the series made me appreciate her more :).

• Brohoof 2

Surprisingly, and honestly I do not know how, but it has actually made me like the character more. The concept of her accomplishing something as great as this really makes me like Twilight more and it gives me more reason to hope that they won't throw a cheap curve ball by changing her back in the premiere like some are hoping.  

I am fully in support of Alicorn Twilight if you and many people haven't yet figured out. :P

it gives me more reason to hope that they won't throw a cheap curve ball by changing her back in the premiere like some are hoping.  

I am fully in support of Alicorn Twilight if you and many people haven't yet figured out. :P

I may be against the idea but making her an alicorn only to turn her back two seconds later would be seriously lazy writing and blatant pandering so I think we can agree on that one. And yes I am fully aware of how many people support the idea, if anything it is pretty evenly split between supporters, opponents and a sizable minority that are neutral.

• Brohoof 1

It really hasn't changed my view of her at all. Honestly we haven't seen what her character is like now that she's a princess so i'm not really making any judgements until i see the first 2 episodes of S4. I can see the idea of Alicorn Twilight working if the writers can show that she still has a lot to learn and hasn't become a completely diffrent person. Also they need to show that she hasn't just automatically become this God-like figure and needs to learn to adjust to her new status.

No, Twilight still acts exactly the same, and I don't view her any differently than before she had wings. She only thing different is that she has wings. That's it. Twilight is still my adorable, book-smart, magical unicorn I know!

Again, I don't know why people are making a fuss over this. Twilight is still Twilight, and I don't mind her becoming an alicorn. She has the same exact personality. However, she's gonna to obviously have new duties as a princess. But she'll still have time with her friends too, of course! So, I don't view her differently. I think Alicorn Twilight has a lot of potential!

My opinion of Twilight does not change, even if she did become an alicorn. I can tell that, people are taking this all out of proportion. Pretty much, I do not hate Twilight at all even before all of this drama started.

Meh, it didn't really affect my views on her at all. Having said that, I was interested in seeing what Hasbro could pull off with this. It was definitely an interesting idea in itself, and it seemed to be a great setup for season 4. 

You know what they say: Don't judge a burger before you add the condiments. Well, that's what say, anyway.

Actually, in a way, it has. It's rekindled my love for her as a character. For the longest time, she was my favorite pony, but Pinkie Pie took over that slot through most of the third season for various reasons.

But even though the finale didn't do it very well, because I believe Twilight deserves to be a Princess, I still sorta feel really proud of her. So, her achieving this has made her my favorite pony again, relegating Pinkie Pie back to the second favorite pony slot. (Sorry, Pinkie.)

img-1194874-1-tumblr_mibwloP1RL1s3oobro2_500.gif

I salute you, Princess Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Not at all. Her turning into an Alicorn has not affected Twilight at all for me. If anything, it's made me like her more, because she's becoming more powerful in magic.

I don't think it affected me at all. 

After all, it didn't change her personality or anything.

I just think of her as an alicorn version of the 

Twilight Sparkle we still know and love and I think

her new status wouldn't change that.

To me, like what most people say, my feelings for her stay the same. She only has a pair of wings and thats it. However, I have no idea what the show is going to be like from now on. I think thats why most people hate it. People hate change.

Eh not really. I honestly don't care to much either way for it. Theres some good stuff I like about Alicorn Twilight and some bad, and then the same applies to Unicorn Twilight I guess. I personally think as of now that Unicorn Twilight looks more adorkable, but I think after some time I'll grow use to Alicorn Twilight and find her more appealing visually. Still Alicorn Twilight looks pretty awesome in some ways, and has this more.. Majestic look to her. So I guess its kinda preference. I love Unicorns overall, so that may have to do with it.

Anyways, to answer the first question, not really. Shes still my 2nd favorite pony, we've only seen like a few minutes of Alicorn Twilight, so its to little time for me to judge it yet anyways. Once S4 has come out I think I'll have a better opinion, but honestly I think it can still be handled quite great, maybe even make her even more interesting.

Unless it crashes and burns in S4 I don't think it'll affect my views on Twilight, and even if it does theres still 5 other characters :P.

Of course this transformation does not change my opinion of our lovable, egghead of a purple uni-, I mean alicorn. Ahem. 

In all seriousness, though, I know that her personality is still the same, even if her physical appearance is now different. After all, in our world, people can change their looks all the time via all sorts of products! But that doesn't mean that they are suddenly a completely different person, does it? Of course not!

...Though, that dress Twilight was wearing could've been a bit cooler. Seriously, Rarity, what were you thinking?! ;)

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

All the hate she's getting now from ignorant bronies only makes me feel more sorry for her.

(I am one of those guys who treats most fictional characters like real people, by the way.)

I drew a picture of myself comforting Twilight with a bunch of negitive comments put into the background. I don't think that we should throw spiteful comments at the creators of the new princess, nor the new princess herself. I just know that Twilight has a new title and a new pair of wings. We won't ever know how the show will go on until the next episode is put on to the Hub, so we shouldn't just say that everythings going to sh*ts because of her.

I am sure that she cannot stay like this for long; we all know that she will eventually find out that all her friends will die of old age while she will never die, and will want to either go with them or have them stay with her.

In a nutshell:

This was not very affective to my opinion on Twilight Sparkle

My views of her becoming an alicorn have not changed how I feel about her as a character. I personally think she looks amazing with wings.. and I don't think she's changed at all. I suppose that could change but I am not going to pass judgement when the fourth season hasn't even come out yet. 

Edited by Fluttermoon

I am sure that she cannot stay like this for long; we all know that she will eventually find out that all her friends will die of old age while she will never die, and will want to either go with them or have them stay with her.

I disagree it has not been confirmed one way or the other if all alicorns are immortal/long lived or if it is a trait unique to Celestia and Luna due to their control over the sun and moon. And I understand what you are saying about people bashing characters and I don't like it either. I can assure you that as much as I don't like the idea of Twilight alicorn it is not because I don't like Twilight it is entirely possible for someone to like or even love a character and still has reservations or concerns about what direction that character is being taken in.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

In my mind, it's hardly even the same character. I see it more as Twilight AND alicorn Twilight rather than Twilight IS alicorn Twilight. My brain just refuses to see them as the same character

• Brohoof 2

Yes, it honestly does for me.

Twilight has always been on the lower side of my favorite pony list. And now that they gave her Jesus Status I dislike her even more than I used to. And there is only one Unicorn now too, but it seems they're replacing her with a new sun themed unicorn at least.

They really are elevating her as the most important of the mane six and I don't really like that either. I understand she is the "main character". But now it's more, Twilightacorn and Five Friends, When I see it. 

• Brohoof 2

Actually, it kind of has. Twilight have always been "the main character", not entirely, but most of the plot focuses around her (hehe) and her transformation into an Alicorn have made it look like she is superior to the rest of the mane 6, like if the rest are only side-kicks. But there are still 2 more episodes in this whole Alicorn deal, so I can't say much more before seeing the rest

• Brohoof 1

In my mind, it's hardly even the same character. I see it more as Twilight AND alicorn Twilight rather than Twilight IS alicorn Twilight. My brain just refuses to see them as the same character

I can't say I blame you all that much in the unfortunate event that her character does in fact get ruined by this than I will probably view it the same way. I have certainly had this view with character from other shows that were turned into Mary Sues/Gary Stu's, the good news of course is that there is still a chance this won't be the case but it is going to one long wait until season 4.

• Brohoof 1

it hasn't changed my views on her either. The main reason being is that she has fulfilled her destiny and she now has to move on to the next step in her training. Also I believe that the Princess needs her help in protecting Ponyville from a disaster.  

No, it doesn't change my views on her. But, I really liked her as a Unicorn and I wish she could stay like that. But, times have changed.  But, I still love her as a character. I just have to imagine her as a Pokèmon evolving and think, "Oh, this is a good thing." But I still mid Unicorn Twilight.