Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Strangest Addiction

Derpy Azusa

For some odd reason, I find going onto TVTropes.org and looking up all types of story elements, character archetypes and characterization methods to be helplessly addicting.

Considering that I'm a fanfic writer, that's probably not the worst addiction I could have xD

• Brohoof 2

My strangest addiction would have to be collecting toys. I'm in my mid-20s and I'm an adult toy collector. :P

Can't stop buying them - anything from retro Polly Pockets to MLP merch.

I'm also addicted to vitamins, I eat one, like, every day!

• Brohoof 1

My strange addiction is pretty wierd. I love to listen to Video Game Myths, Legends, and CreepyPastas. I listen to them while doing everything. Also, we have pizza every Saturday at my house we have Pizza and I look up Video Game Top 10 Videos. Wierd huh?

• Brohoof 1

I have an addiction to learning. No, seriously, I really do. I will learn above all else. I love it, it's fun, it makes me happy just to know something.

My strange addiction is pretty wierd. I love to listen to Video Game Myths, Legends, and CreepyPastas. I listen to them while doing everything. Also, we have pizza every Saturday at my house we have Pizza and I look up Video Game Top 10 Videos. Wierd huh?

I have the same obsession. Maybe you can recommend me some videos over PM?

• Brohoof 2

Cube cheese I think would be my strangest. My grandmother said I needed to snack, so I went in the fridge and there wasn't anything good, so I grabbed a bag of cubed cheese. I ate the whole thing, it was delicious. 

• Brohoof 1

Code, ponies, server work, cotton candy, ponies, skittles, pizza...

Oh wait... You want my *strangest* addiction?

Number crunching. Give me a problem, a spreadsheet, and some data. I will hurt myself. I will poke, prod, and pull that stuff around the spreadsheet until my hands are killing me, my eyes are starting to melt out of my head, and my brain just stops working. I will literally keep going until I just blank out in front of my computer.

Now *that* is a strange addiction... >_>

• Brohoof 1

I have an addiction to learning. No, seriously, I really do. I will learn above all else. I love it, it's fun, it makes me happy just to know something.

I have the same obsession. Maybe you can recommend me some videos over PM?

Define PM Please. I'm alittle stupid today. :/

Yeah..I love listening to these Creepypatas and Gaming Top 10 Videos. Its awesome to watch and listen to them and I can't stop!!

Define PM Please. I'm alittle stupid today. :/

Yeah..I love listening to these Creepypatas and Gaming Top 10 Videos. Its awesome to watch and listen to them and I can't stop!!

Private message. Click on my name to the left of this post, then near the top right of my userpage there should be a button that says "send private message", click it, and then write out your message, and click send.

(edited)

My strangest addictions all have to do with amounts. I will give some examples of this in the following list:

-When I drink water, I keep drinking and drinking no matter how thirsty I am until I remind myself that it isn't normal to drink that much water.

-When I walk, I make sure that I walk an even amount of steps, no matter how strange it looks in the end.

-I always want to keep things fair to my left and right side. If I am drumming on the wall with a hand, I do the exact same amount with the other hand so that the amount of drumming done by each hand isn't uneven.

-If I try to do something really weird once, like sticking my hand down my throat (I was young, I don't do it anymore, but at the age I was at, it wasn't tooooooo surprising.), I just have to do it again because I want to do it an even number.

-If, at school, I'm supposed to be writing about having a vacation on a beach, in the perspective of the senses, I'd write about waking up on a beach with no recollection of why you are there and that there is no sign of civilization anywhere (Apply logic to other joyful scenarios.)

And finally:

-I tend to get really detailed when I'm trying to explain something out of fear that the other person doesn't understand. See above.

[Edit:] In proof of that last statement, I'd like to say that I'm already worried that one might get mislead by it. What I meant was that see all of the different bullets above. See? I'm doing it again. I'm explaining the explanation for the multi-purposed explanation above. Now there's something I can't explain. I don't understand it myself.

Edited by Opalicious
  • Brohoof 1

I have this ridiculous addiction to this children's show about pastel coloured horses. Not to mention there is an entire fandom of people who are addicted to this little kids show too. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My strangest addiction would have to be, staying up late at night just to play video games. I've been doing it a lot lately, if your asking which game it is this one.

img-1209773-1-CallofDuty-BlackOps2PS3_Ma

I'm that way too. I generally play L4D2 late in the evening ( a vs game with 8 people) although i'm trying to make music again recently just so i can get more of that actually done.  :D

I also was live concert (audio and video) trader for a 2 year period. Not sure why i got SO into it and then stopped cold turkey, but i did and have loads of them in my studio room.  I also have been an avid list maker (mostly music) for a long time. If it's worth investigating or comprehending its worth listing. Have over 400 of them.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

I'm addicted to two things these days...8-bit music and Ice tea...I just can't have enough of those. At least I won't have to worry about being annoyed by harsh sounds or getting kidney stones.

• Brohoof 1

I laughed at first when I saw this topic.

But now I come to think about it my strange addiction is coughing sirrup hahahaha. It's just so SWEET!!! When the doctor says I have to take some each day I'm like "awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaah!" And I always take way too much lol

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im addicted to the sound of an petrol engine, not that it's weird or anything.. But I'm obsessed with the sound of a fine tuned engine revving.. This is actually why, I can't stand a diesel engine unless it has turbo.. A turbo diesel engine, can sound ok, but it has to be big diesel engine to do so, then it sounds ok. It's just each time I hear an engine, I go look for the source of the sound.. Before I know it, I can identify what car type it is, as well as the engine. This is actually why I love them big block v8 engines, even though a Dodge challenger 1970 uses up to 28 litres of fuel. I still plan on getting one, even with current fuel prices. I am also addicted to new car smell and the smell of gasoline as well as diesel fuel. You could say I'm addicted to cars, but it's not just the cars, it's the engines I love the most.. I am addicted to everything car related.

I'm also addicted to pringles, can't get enough of pringles.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Oh.... I remember the time I was really addicted to a game in my Nintendo DS and kept on playing it all night. Soon, stopped and thought it was darn boring when I grew older and when mum told me if I kept the addiction going, I will need glasses. (meh, don't ask me how I hate wearing glasses, no offense to people wearing them now, I understand)

(edited)

I'd say mah addiction for milk :lol:. I drink, like, 3-4, maybe even more glasses of it a day and that's usually the main drink I have. Not water, not soda, not juice, but milk. I love it, I dunno why, but I just do.

I could also say I'm a bit addicted to robotic/synthetic sound effects and all that. And explosive sound effects as well. Heck, any cool sound effect is awesome to me, and many times, I play a movie over and over again just to listen more closely to the SFX and create imagery and scenes in mah own head.

Edited by  spas-ticShotty 
  • Brohoof 1

I'm addicted to bananas. I wake up and have a banana with breakfast, then I have one with lunch, and then I have one with dinner.....almost every day.

I can't help it they are so delicious  :(

• Brohoof 1

What? I am disappointed a the fact that not all of these posts say that they're addicted to ponies.

Man, do I love me some ketchup. Often times after eating a main meal with ketchup, I would sometimes just pour a little bit more ketchup and use my spoon to eat bits of it. I've loved ketchup since I was young, and ketchup seriously goes good with anything - at least to my standards.

• Brohoof 2

I'm addicted to bananas. I wake up and have a banana with breakfast, then I have one with lunch, and then I have one with dinner.....almost every day.

I can't help it they are so delicious  :(

I do the same with breadcrumbs LOL they call my name "savanna savanna come eat us xD- LOL My mom said I go through about 3 cans in a week 

• Brohoof 2

I could say my various teas, but that really isn't all that strange...

I suppose my love for the seasoning known as garlic is a bit peculiar. I think it runs in the family as my grandmother and parents also put it in pretty much everything they cook. I will admit that while cooking with garlic, I almost always overdo it but that's the way I like it.

• Brohoof 1