Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Mane 6 pony do you think has the best sad face?

Lightning Dasher

51 users have voted

1. 1. Which Mane6 Pony has the best sad face?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity

So, as the topic says, which of the mane6 ponies do you think has the best sad face? I don't really know what compelled me to make this, but whenever I see their sad face it makes me feel guilty or something awful.

I put up a few pics as examples. With the limit being 5 pics if i'm not mistaken, one of them is a single pic that has Rarity and Pinkie Pie together.

rainbow_dash_sadface_by_iks83-d4nw9vj.gi

n4f71251f53b7c.png

mlfw6102-sad_face.gif

sad_applejack_by_elliums-d4xlpxz.png

sad_twilight_sparkle_by_afkrobot-d50047w

Edited by Lightning Dasher
  • Brohoof 2

To me dashy looks most sad or however it's supposed to be or something. I love how the characters are so relatable, and you can almost tell what they're sad about. I also feel terrible for judging them :(

• Brohoof 2

Yup, Dash. Dash has shown many a time that she is the expression master. Since her tomboy personality and quick-to-action, no bullshit way of approaching things makes her go over the top a lot, her expressions are often very humorous or very otherwise intense at displaying her feelings at that moment.

Sad Dashie makes me want to crawl into a corner with Rainbow Plush and hug it to pieces.

132987292607.gif

• Brohoof 12

Yup, Dash. Dash has shown many a time that she is the expression master. Since her tomboy personality and quick-to-action, no bullshit way of approaching things makes her go over the top a lot, her expressions are often very humorous or very otherwise intense at displaying her feelings at that moment.

Sad Dashie makes me want to crawl into a corner with Rainbow Plush and hug it to pieces.

You couldn't have said it any better.

In some cases, I might want to lean towards Fluttershy, but it just comes too easily to her. She doesn't have that rough exterior like Dashie, so seeing Dash sad hits way harder.

• Brohoof 4

Sad Pinkie definitely gets me the most.

Just like how Dashie's rough exterior causes her sadness to have a powerful effect by contrast, so too does Pinkie's usual ecstatic happiness make her sadness seem even more heartbreaking.

• Brohoof 1

img-1217869-1-132987292607.gif

Omigosh that's my old avatar :0

I think Dashie definitely has the most adorable sad face ever. I just wanna hug her when she's sad :(

• Brohoof 3

I would say it is a bit of a tie between Applejack and Rainbow Dash because they are pretty tough and it can take a lot to get them that upset so when it does happen it makes it that much more meaningful.

• Brohoof 2

The sad Pinkie Pie face that you have up there really does not do her justice; this is why Pinkie Pie has the best sad face:

cqwORs7.png

Want to know why she has the best sad face? It's because she almost never has it. She's the happiest and the most optimistic pony far and wide, and her number one thing to do is smile. So what happens when, against all odds, you see her with her truly sad face? That's right, it's a kaboom of sympathy.

I would hug her endlessly if I were there with her. Quite literally endlessly.

• Brohoof 6

Well why is Fluttershy the emoticon when typing the :( smiley? Not hard to guess, huh? Even the mods thinks that she got the best sad face!

fluttershy___the_face_of_sorrow_by_fires

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 2

That face from Hurricane Fluttershy above is indeed one of the saddest things ever. But I think this gets me even more. 1st episode, "the princess trusts me completely!". Canterlot Wedding, not so much...

post-9686-0-94682200-1361995310_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

The sad Pinkie Pie face that you have up there really does not do her justice; this is why Pinkie Pie has the best sad face:

img-1218983-1-cqwORs7.png

Want to know why she has the best sad face? It's because she almost never has it. She's the happiest and the most optimistic pony far and wide, and her number one thing to do is smile. So what happens when, against all odds, you see her with her truly sad face? That's right, it's a kaboom of sympathy.

I would hug her endlessly if I were there with her. Quite literally endlessly.

I feel much the same way when that happened to Pinkie Pie, and she looked truly heart broken and thrown into the depths of despair... BUT... RD's puppy dog look just makes me feel squishy and soft inside, which in my case gives the edge to Dashie. That picture does do Pinkie Pie more justice though

One thing I am surprised though is that Rarity only has 1 vote so far. I mean, I could understand given the competition, but she's got a good one somewhere... Just need to find a pic...

tumblr_liapt6Ufzq1qaha6c.gif

Edited by Lightning Dasher

Applejack, although I think that this one is better:

i-FPWdrVr-M.png

I mean, sure, I'm a little biased, but Applejack ALWAYS has it together. Rainbow Dash loses her cool more, so seeing her break down into tears isn't quite as d'aww worthy. But Applejack is supposed to shrug it off. She's supposed to be the one that never breaks down. Applejack and being sadface shouldn't go together. And that's why she has the best sad face. Because when you look at it, you immediately want to stop and make it better somehow. I mean, yes, consciously you know it's all fiction, but instinct tells me that crying Applejack is not something that should exist. 

My second choice is Twilight Sparkle, surprisingly enough. I dunno why, I guess it's the same sort of thing; she's characteristically confident and forward looking.

• Brohoof 8

Fluttershy's expressions in Hurricane Fluttershy were pretty heartbreaking. So was Twi's face in the S2 finale, Celestia just crushed her. (And never apologized, because being princess means not having to say you're sorry.)

But nothing is worse than a sad Rainbow Dash. When Dashie is sad, the world must be saved. :(

• Brohoof 2

Best sad face? I somehow feel like you're trying to imply that we should feel a positive emotion from the sadness the characters portray.

Anyways, the most convincing face would probably be Fluttershy. She's just so cute that seeing her sad is unbearable in any way. 

• Brohoof 1

For me it was kinda a hard choice because I could think of three ponies right off the bat. I will give you the 2 which I think has the best sad face.

1. Pinkie Pie: Frankly I am surprise she got so little votes actually. You can say that she has the best sad face because with Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity, seeing them sad is kinda normal. But, PINKIE Pie? She's the pony of happiness and fun,  she wants to see every pony smile and is mostly always seen with a smile on her face. So when you see her sad it can actually tear you up a little.

2. Rainbow Dash:^^^^^ Someone all ready pointed out how much of a tom boy and how strong she is.

3. Apple Jack

I am going to have to say Rainbow Dash on this one.

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly
  • Brohoof 2

I'd say either Rainbow Dash or Applejack, while it's sad to see the other mane six well, sad, something about seeing these two breaking their tough exterior and cry(which I'd argue that it's rarely seen) makes it even more heartbreaking. Granted, it's still going to be hard to top Twilight in A Canterlot Wedding

Exactly  :(

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I voted for Rarity.

I mean, her character is supposed to be dramatic. So I feel like she can pull off a good sad attitude and sad face.

• Brohoof 1

Idk, they all can be pretty sad. I mean like During "A Canterlot wedding" when Twilight has that super sad face after being told off by her friends, her brother, and the princess thats gotta be up there. Fluttershy's Sad face during "Hurricane Fluttershy" is pretty close to especially with how much i love Fluttershy.

Rainbow doesn't really cry much, and neither does AJ, personally I found Aj's sad scene near the end of "Apple family reunion" more sad then any of the sad scenes dash's had. Then again dash never really has a full blown sad scene.

As for Rarity and Pinkie, Idk they don't normally hit me very hard, ones just so random and most of the time her crying is almost humorously implied, so I don't really find it super hard hitting normally.(I sound so sadistic for that.) Rarity is just so dramatic normally that her's normally aren't very hard hitting either for me.

Then again I'm not exactly the most emotionally expressive person so idk :P.

Regardless I think for me it'll probably be Fluttershy, or Twilight.

I can't really truly pick because they all do have their sad moments, I can't say I don't feel anything for any of them, and I don't really know how to rate them really. Plus I have a feeling that even if their face isn't the saddest I may just have bias for them because I relate to them more or I am more connected to their character.

For instance I can relate to Twilight and Fluttershy the most probably outta the mane 6, which is part of the reason their in my top two slots. So that also means that alot of the things that make them sad I can actually relate to, however that may not mean their face is actually the saddest so i don't really know what to do.

You'd really think seeing Dash cry would make me feel the worst and be the saddest to me, I mean shes the tomboy and usually strong, but I just can't remember a time I actually strongly felt for her crying. Maybe I just have bad memory idk.

• Brohoof 4

You'd really think seeing Dash cry would make me feel the worst and be the saddest to me, I mean shes the tomboy and usually strong, but I just can't remember a time I actually strongly felt for her crying. Maybe I just have bad memory idk.

She was pretty close to crying in the Mysterious Mare Do Well during the cloud scene

But yeah she doesn't exactly have a full blown crying scene yet

• Brohoof 3

She was pretty close to crying in the Mysterious Mare Do Well during the cloud scene

But yeah she doesn't exactly have a full blown crying scene yet

Yeah, thats the thing. Shes had plenty of times where she may shed a tear or two, but then she goes right back to herself. So its just harder me to feel the full effect I guess. I also can't relate to her as much as twilight and Fluttershy

I don't know why but Dashie gets me every time. Her sad face makes me cry, and it makes me want to just grab her and squeeze the heck out of her!

• Brohoof 2

I would say Rarity, but sometimes her sad faces seem to be a bit dramatic. xD Fluttershy's sad face always gets to me all the time, especially during Griffon the Brush Off and A Bird in the Hoof (the one when Fluttershy had to take care of Princess Celestia's pet bird). Her sad face there, makes me want to cry too! :(