Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Fluttershy so Cute?

~Vallo~

I think it's because of the design of her character and her personality alone. The thing is, she is naturally cute especially when she is upset and acts very adorable when she does it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure this is a ridiculous reason, but the only reason Fluttershy comes up second in my list of favorites and not third is because Rarity matches me so well.

But Fluttershy is so adorable and kind, I can't help but bring her in a close second!

• Brohoof 1

I dislike Fluttershy... her inability to speak up annoys me, and then when it is fixed (the common example with assertive Fluttershy), it is not carried on in to future episodes and she becomes that shy, almost "inferior" member of the mane six all over again... 

That, and I find other ponies much cuter; I just don't really see the whole appeal in Fluttershy to be honest. She's fine as a character, but... meh.

Please don't kill me. You'll fail. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

The primary factor in her beauty is her sweet, delicate personality. She's a prime example of the "Moe" archetype, a type of character that is so adorable that fans want to protect said character as though he or she were an abandoned puppy. Just look at how much more beautiful the fans generally see Sunset Shimmer in Rainbow Rocks as opposed to her in Equestria Girls 1. Her transformation from the stereotypical mean girl to the endearingly awkward wallflower had significantly increased her overall popularity with the fandom, giving her a status not unlike how many bronies view Fluttershy. This is not to deny Fluttershy's outer beauty; I think she's just so precious with her soft hair and drooping eyes. She has a design befitting of a famous supermodel. Fluttershy is just so darn adorable as a whole, and although she has her moments when she's not cute (making Pinkie Pie and Rarity cry in Putting Your Hoof Down), she still continues to be endearing for a lot of bronies.

The primary factor in her beauty is her sweet, delicate personality. She's a prime example of the "Moe" archetype, a type of character that is so adorable that fans want to protect said character as though he or she were an abandoned puppy. Just look at how much more beautiful the fans generally see Sunset Shimmer in Rainbow Rocks as opposed to her in Equestria Girls 1. Her transformation from the stereotypical mean girl to the endearingly awkward wallflower had significantly increased her overall popularity with the fandom, giving her a status not unlike how many bronies view Fluttershy. This is not to deny Fluttershy's outer beauty; I think she's just so precious with her soft hair and drooping eyes. She has a design befitting of a famous supermodel. Fluttershy is just so darn adorable as a whole, and although she has her moments when she's not cute (making Pinkie Pie and Rarity cry in Putting Your Hoof Down), she still continues to be endearing for a lot of bronies.

It's also worth mentioning that she somehow managed to be cute when she was an Incredible Hulk pastiche in "Power Ponies." Yes, even considering how grotesquely designed Flutterhulk was, that awkward hoof-tapping right after the end of her rampage reminded the viewers that she was still the old Fluttershy, just with a different body.

• Brohoof 1

Because she's cute and that's how I view her.

Some qualities that make her cute include:

- Gentle nature

- Kindness

- Calm voice

- Colors

- Sensitivity

- Shyness

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

First of all, Fluttershy is absofantastic. The reason that I like Fluttershy is that she reminds me of myself. I have been trying to deal with my shyness, but I have never been able to get out of my shell. Fluttershy has honestly helped me deal with my shyness.

Anyways, the reason she is so absofantastic is because she seems so sweet and kind, but she can also stand up for her friends and animals. The only flaw I can find in her is that she is often too shy to stand up for her friends. She can also be like Rarity was to Sweetie Bell at first. She always takes, but doesn't give much, like when she wouldn't watch the dragon migration.

Finally, where does she get money? She doesn't have a full-fledged job, but she constantly has money. This makes me wonder if she is completely dependent on her friends on money.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I do not find FlutterShy cute.

But I would say that the reason a lot of people think she is cute because of her big eyes and shy personality.

That and her love for animals.

Why you ask? Because of the three Ds.

Design.

Demeanor.

D'awwww.  :wub:

Seriously though it's a combination of the first two; at least. 

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Just everything about her! :kindness:
13e3edca1ae95d993af56dbfe5d1ab3a.gif

Human hand, oh nos!

She used to be quite unique and cute in the first season. Is that a good enough reason? :ooh:

Also, when she turns Bat! :catface:

Fluttershy has pretty much always been my favorite character. She stood out to me as extremely cute; which is saying something since most of the ponies are really cute. Her personality and struggles are very relatable to many, including myself at times. Along with that, she's grown so much over the course of the show; despite what the Fluttershy haters say. She went from hardly talking to anypony outside her friend group, to becoming a symbol of Friendship. She's become more and more assertive throughout the seasons, and I think she's cute both when shy and assertive. Her character is very inspirational, and she deserves any praise she gets. :yay:

As for why she's so cute, it's a mix between her personality and design. The "shy ones" usually tend to stand out as being cute because they seem the most soft and precious especially Fluttershy. Just the way she talks and acts also adds on to her cuteness. Then there's her design. It's simple, but at the same time, is very unique to her. Her soft yellow and pink color scheme, her smooth and flowing mane/tail, and even her soft feathered wings are all attributes of this. That's not even mentioning her adorable eyes and facial expressions. So yeah, Fluttershy is extremely cute, and it's easy to see. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

On 2/28/2013 at 4:40 PM, Mr Dash said:

Fluttershy is cute and adorable. Her shyness adds to that. She is one of my favorite, equal to Pinkie Pie for me. I can't decide between those two. Who could resist such an adorable pony? Other than Skyeblast.

fluttershy_being_adorable_by_mezkalito4p

This 2013 gif deserves to be quoted and re-enjoyed.