Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

I've stayed up 3 and a half days straight of junk food, copious amounts of soda, video games, music, internet, and major insomnia.

The summer is a fun time.

Most I went without sleep was three days and two nights. Not sure if the third day counts, since I slept for around half an hour that morning. So 48 hours at least. It wasn't insomnia, it was plain stupidity.

If I remember correctly, I once stayed awake for about 3 days. I went to a convention with some of my friends. It took about 3 hours   to drive to the airport, we flew to Detroit, then to Cincinnati, then a long ass drive to NYC. We stayed at a hotel, and we were awake all night chugging energy drinks and scarfing our faces with pizza. The next morning,we took a bus to the convention center, stayed until about 1:00am, walked back to the hotel, stayed up all night again, drove to Cincinnati again, then to Minneapolis, and then we drove home for another all nighter. 

My 14 year old body couldn't handle it, so I think I fainted or something like that. This all happened in the summer of 2012.  I'll never forget it. But I try to...

131567444084-dj_passed_out_on_the.jpg

Edited by Vallo

I've gone at least two days without sleep, and trust me, not good experiences at all lol.

The thing is that I literally get a form of "intoxication" when I'm sleepless in that I'll slur words, feel giddy, and just have no idea of what I am saying. It's so weird and that's why sleep is very important to me haha.

39 hours doing a non stop run for FF VIII. My cousins bet to me that I could not beat the game without stoping and getting al chars to lvl 100. Well I got my 500 bucks and a terrible head ache after that =D

A few times back in summer I started staying up all night watching mlp because it was the only time I could watch it. The longest I think I have stayed up ever was 2 days. Didn't feel very proud of myself but Im thinking of trying to go even longer sometime in the future.

The longest I stayed up willingly was about 54 hours. 

My buddies and I held a contest to see who would 'survive' the longest in my friend's pool in his backyard. If we get out, we lose. If we fall asleep, we lose. I won, but I'm not too proud of it.

The longest I stayed up unwillingly was about 30 hours. I was reading 'My Little Dashie', and I couldn't fall asleep due to my mind racing against itself. I had mixed emotions and couldn't think straight, causing me to stay up all night and then some.

The longest I've stayed awake for is 3 days, and it was with my cousin, we played straight through Legend of Dragoon. This was when i was younger mind you, never again. I slept a whole day, did I regret doing it yes, but it was a lot of fun haha.

I think the longest I've fully gone is sometime just around a full day.

I actually just pulled an all nighter last night ending at 2 something today. But I cannot for the life of me remember when I woke up or if I took a nap or anything. :/

well, i guess that my record was 2/3 days, and it was only because i've stood in the internet for too long without stop. I had to take some breaks from the computer though, doing fake sleeping so my mom wouldn't notice that i didn't slept the entire night, but i didn't slept at all because i remember of keep playing on my psp under my blanket until my mom leaves the house to work.

But, i didn't feel like losing my IQ at all, i just felt like i've ate some bucking mushrooms dizzy,i didn't felt almost nothing, like i've taken some body and mental painkillers, didn't felt words coming out of my mouth,, but i was conscient, but the thing was that my body wasn't responding to me anymore, it just wanted some rest.

I've stayed awake for exactly 37 hours, 18 minutes and 22 seconds. I just don't sleep that much. I usually get about five hours a sleep a night. But I'd say only 30 hours of sleep a week. When, in contrast to the 168 hours in a week, isn't much.

I just played video games and watched TV for a huge portion of that time. I was completely fine until 35 hours. By 36 hours, I felt myself snoozing so I went to a convenience store to get coffee. I was stumbling around just walking to the coffee and felt like I was drunk from lack of sleep. (I have never drank in my life and never will)

Then I stayed awake for another hour by watching TV, and I just snoozed off after that, for five hours.

But my record is six hours of sleep in sixty-four hours. That is incredibly difficult.

75 hours without eating, drinking and sleeping on a trip to Britain... It was crazy, at the end I was seeing and hearing things.   :blink:  I have been playing Icy tower during the trip and at one point I thought it's real life and I gotta jump up some tower. 

One day, it was a school day, I was playing Skyrim. Sooner than I had expected it became dark.

Nevertheless, I continued playing to finish my quest, whatever it was I was doing.

Anyway, slowly the room got brighter, and I was wondering what time it was. 5:00 AM :wacko:

I slept for one hour but it didn't help, I felt like I was going to die at school. Luckily it was already towards the end of the school year, so nobody really cared.

The longest I've ever been without sleep is probably 50+ hours.

I woke up at 7 am one day and did my normal stuff, but I found out about Fallout Equestria and downloaded it on my phone so I could read it. Once I started I read it all night. Twice. The 3rd day I went to sleep at about 1 pm because my vision was getting blurry and I read somewhere on the internet that after 72 hours without sleep you start hallucinating, and I didn't want that. Anyway, no coffee, Cola, Red Bull, nothing. Just sheer power of will ( and not being able to stop reading the amazing fic).

Two times - both around 40 and 35 hours.

Hehe the longest was almost 40 hours - on a flight back from St Paul Minneapolis airport to Manchester (UK) - storms were sweeping in from the south and most flights were cancelled - and I missed a connection in Chicago O'Hare International where I needed to change. After a brief (but friendly!) argument with one of the staff they were able to reroute my journey via London - had to wait another 12 hours for this though! Then get another flight from London Gatwick (An Awful awful airport! Lol) to Manchester. By the time the key turned in my front door it was about 40 hours since I had awoken at my hotel in St Paul! Also it was the middle of the day which was really starting to mess with my head BIG TIME!

In my final year at University, I worked through the night to finish my dissertation (due in the next day) then I remembered there was an important task I needed to be on campus first thing for - by the time this was over it had been a little over 35 hours.

Edited by CyberFlash

Probably between 30 and 36 hours? Say, waking up at 6 or 7 AM, then pulling an all-nighter, then being up until midday or evening the next day. I don't do that a lot, though. More common for me is getting very little sleep several nights in a row. Also more common for me is sleeping for a whole day, or being mostly asleep for several days.

About 70-80 hours. I cannot really recommend it, but sometimes it's not really about choice tho. But I do 24-30 hours quite regularly. Strangely enough, once you leap over the critical moment when you are really tired, you can go on for a long time. For me it's about 5-7AM. Once I stay awake trough those hours, then I can stay up for another day without too much trouble.

• Brohoof 1

Probably 4-6 days. I can't be sure because, as you may expect, my ability to keep track of time depreciated significantly after going that long without sleep. I've gone even longer without getting a significant amount of sleep (no more than 3 hours). That could be measured in weeks. I used to have really bad insomnia. I still have insomnia, but it's not nearly as bad.

• Brohoof 1

Hm... Probably 3 PM one day, to around 10 - 11 PM the next. I'm not one to want to do this, this only happened because last semester and my job. Worked overnight first and then went to school until 8 PM, had supper and went to bed.

I was never actually diagnosed with anything, but i do probably have insomnia, or something related. I have now been awake around 30 hours, and dont feel sleepy at all. I ussualy sleep one night (for 3-4 hours), then dont sleep at all the next. It kinda turned into a routine for me.

The most I've ever managed was 153 hours (if i did the math right), meaning just over 6 days, during summer break. I woke up on sunday 5 am and fell asleep on saturday after lunch, around 2 pm. It was then followed by the longest sleep ive ever done, around 20 hours.

But this is actually nothing, considering there are people who dont sleep for years...

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to set any records in this regard.  About the longest I've gone without sleep is 24-27 hours.  The last time I did it I was riding coach on an overnight Amtrak train and I simply can't sleep in a chair, not even if it's fully reclined.  :P

• Brohoof 1