Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Princess Twilicorn, but not Equestria Girls?

Commander_PonyShep

I don't hate Equestria Girls but I admit I was not fond of alicorn Twilight at first... but I don't mind now that I've seen the episode.  Also, Equestria Girls doesn't even affect FiM and it'll be something we can watch while waiting for season 4.

• Brohoof 1

Hahah

I'm the exact opposite.

Well not necessarily, I'm not entirely supporting or against something, I"m closer to neutral if anything, but I got some hope for Equestria girls, although not so much seeing how it's antrho o3o

(edited)

Yeah, I was against Princess Twilight at first, but I'm gradually coming to terms with it. Best to be optimistic and hope it will work out. Pretty sure that's how much of the fandom is thinking, as well. Equestria Girls doesn't deserve the hate it gets, especially since MLP canon isn't affected. At best, it'll be an awesome show worthy of the MLP franchise. At worst, it could interfere with MLP's production, but that shouldn't be a problem. With time, the fandom will get over it.

EDIT: I can certainly see how it might piss off the humanized pony fans, however.

Edited by Twilicorn
  • Brohoof 2

I don't actually have any bitter feelings towards Equestria girl actually, and I'm atleast neutral to ok with Twilicorn.

I think the reason why more people are uncomfortable with Equestria girls is because it hasn't had as much info on it revealed as Twilicorn.

I personally think that either the show will be good, and I'll have something I might watch while waiting for MLP episodes, or it'll suck and I'll just forget about it.

Both Twilicorn and Equestria girls haven't had enough progress and things revealed about them for me to hate them, so I will atleast remain neutral to ok with them until they are shown to cause issues I don't like or something.

Its kinda early to say much about Equestria girls for sure, I imagine it won't affect actual MLP, I think it'll just be a series thats just kinda there, and maybe it'll be good we never know. I'm staying open minded about it like I did when watching MLP.

• Brohoof 1

My biggest problem is with the art style and character design, the characters are just plain horrible and they have a really bad sense of fashion and what's with the megaman boots.

• Brohoof 2

Pony_Shep, people like Twicorn, people don't like Twicorn. Its the same with Equestria girls. Some people like the idea, some don't, and thats simply because everybody is different. different people like different things, its as simple as that, you'll get valid arguments for and against on both sides.

Although I will say there are different ratios between the two groups (I'd say 6:4 in favour of Twicorn, 8:2 against Equestria girls)

• Brohoof 1

I loved princess Twilight, loved everything about it because it gave me hope that they actually had a story line and were not just going to milk the series for all its worth. I love the ideas of how the story could evolve and become more in depth, kinda like how Animorphs changed after awhile, character will seem less two dimensional and plots will have more to them, MMMystery had a deeper plot then Suited for Success.

As far as Equestria girls, so many artist like to draw human ponies (self included) And who is to say Hasbro saw we like human ponies and went lets make something for the bronies, they have before I mean who do you think the most interesting ponies commercial was for? The 6 year olds? Maybe this is a shout out to us because Hasbro really does love us and wants us to know! 

Three years ago if someone had told us we were going to like My Little Pony and this was going to be a huge thing we would have laughed so give Equestria girls a chance, if it sucks it suck and if we like it we can add it to t ever growing pop pony culture.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro2-superJumbo.jpgBecause these are the designs for the spin off evidently.

This does give them an excuse to market of Bratz/Barbie looking toys though.

When I first heard the name I thought it was going to be placed the same way as the show, but with different characters. I now see I was wrong.

One of the main reasons I like this show is the art style, this changes everything about that and practically ruins it for me at the start. Plus the fact that the theme for the show is highschool. Not only do I hate the school system in general, the problems the characters face will probably be just downright annoying.

(edited)

I hate them both.

Both are the children of Hasbro's obsession with money, that probably will not be done correctly. As soon as boys and schoolgirl drama come into the Equestria, I'm out.]

Edit: Also, Twilight has wings but no horn? Jesus, if you're going to alter a character at least do it right.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 3

Well i didnt mind twilight sparkle at first because she just wanted to learn

nows she just showing off 

becoming a alicorn was fine because it was her choice

but becoming a princess means everyone has to treat her differently

its just like winning the lottery, everyone wants a bit of your fame and fortune, being your friend doesn't come into the equation 

meh sorry twi for my honest opinion, looks likes luna/moon is on the top spot again :) 

(edited)

*ORIGINAL MESSAGE*

At first I kinda had a chill when both of these things happened, but we can all learn to love these changes. RIGHT?

...oh god, I hope I am not the only one...

*tumbleweed goes by*

*NEW REACTION*

I just had to think for a few minutes, and I just realized: Nobody is forcing me to watch this new show, so I can either accept this or just throw it out the window, like an Atari cart of E.T.

Also, I like fan drawings better than the actual thing happening.

Edited by SUPERFOX5

Somehow, a lot of you seem to either accept Princess Twilicorn or remain neutral about it. But the instant you look at Equestria Girls, you give away instant backlash. Why is that?

I know you'll all brush me aside but...

I LOVED THE IDEA OF TWILICORN.

And to answer OP, I haven't made my mind up about Equestria Girls. And I won't until it's pilot airs, in which I will make my own mind up, without being influenced by other bronies. I wish other people would too, it's make life a lot simpler for them.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Twiilicorn is cannon and was destined, Equestria Girls looks like a cheap and unneded spinoff that's designed ONLY for girls and might take place on earth and in a school and thus would ruin everything good about mlp in the process. We don't need another spinoff show w/ no redeeming factors, we want a FULL season of mlp that's good quality. It's like asking FOR a hamburger and getting a mikshake instead. I DIDNT ORDER THIS!!!

Edited by Freewave

(edited)

Equestria girls gets hatred because it's a horrifying looking abomination, and we all know humanized ponies= Absolute and utter horror and a crime against humanity.

As for Alicorn Twi, it's not that bad and it'll work it self out.

Although if we plan this carefully and refuse to watch Equestria Girls and make sure we prevent as many people as possible from buying any toys of it, we can successfully ensure it gets canned quickly and see it cancelled after half a season.

Edited by ZLTavs

Possible alternate continuity that has the Mane Six as humans/humanoid horse thingies that won't accept the main show? Okay, I don't mind.

Pointless change to a main character done for no reason other than to sell crappy toys and is bound to bring more questions than answers within the show's continuity? NO.

Basically, Why Equestria Girls and not Princess Twilicorn.

Somehow, a lot of you seem to either accept Princess Twilicorn or remain neutral about it. But the instant you look at Equestria Girls, you give away instant backlash. Why is that?

Princess Twilicorn occurs within the show My Little Pony: FiM. Regardless of the viewpoint that folks hold on it, the event happened within the same show with the same art style, writers, music, etc that we all know and love. Most of the protests that occurred against Twilicorn were centered on the potential to wreck the character.

Equestria Girls is a totally new show with a different art style, and presumably, created by a different team of VAs, musicians, etc. When you see people offering their opinions on this, they are mostly concerned about the new setting, the new art style, and the potential for bad voice actors. Those are all reasonable concerns.

The Twilicorn and Equestria Girls reactions aren't really directly comparable in the same way. It would be like asking why people are ok with Princess Twilicorn but they don't like previous generations of MLP? Not everyone is going to like a new show that is completely different from the show but they are currently watching. That's perfectly reasonable.

To me, I really didn't care too much about Princess Twilicorn. Once it was said that the character would not be dramatically altered besides the addition of wings, then I was perfectly chill. No panic or anything else from me. I just wished that I could watch Season 4 RIGHT NOW.

As far as Equestria Girls goes, the current appearance of the characters doesn't really mesh with me. I had a wait-and-see attitude and I still do, but I hope that they reevaluate these designs before the show premieres. Cutie marks on faces, the color schemes, and the outfits just don't work for me.

• Brohoof 1

Note to all: I'm just finding out abou: Equestria Girls

That thing is awful! Whose idea was that? Ew! Did you see their outfits! In what insane world would AJ wear a skirt EVERYDAY! A skirt! on applejack? is this the Grand Galloping Gala or something? Rarity would never would anything as cheap-looking as that outfit! What is happening to MLP ( I know Equestria Girls is not really connected with MLP but still!)?  :angry:

I'm ok with princess twi. at first I was like "WHAT? a princess? seriously! like an alicorn is fine but now Celestia is bowing to her & all" like what if princess twi comes before Princess Luna?  :o  If so imma be mad but for now im find with princess twi. 

but those Equestria Girls... HAVE GOT TO GO!  <_<

The chances are that Equestria Girls will never be accepted by the bronies, and that Barbies and Bratz are so popular with little girls, that they will  not care at all for Human Ponies.

If I wanted to watch zany highschool antics, I'd just fire up Saved By The Bell. Or, heck, Welcome Back Kotter.

But I'm not all that enamored of high school. It was an artificial world in which those with arbitrary genetics and knowledge of how to throw an inflated sac of leather or put together pretty clothes had the advantage over those with skill at doing the ostensible job of a student (ie: learning).

I don't hate Equestria Girls. It's not worth the time or effort to hate it. Just like I don't hate Care Bears, or the TV execs' attempt to promote "belly bros" as an adult fandom. I feel that the brony phenomenon is a unique, organic, and unreplicable event; it certainly cannot be orchestrated the way the suits would like.

To that end, I think that EG, or any other attempt to co-opt the brony fandom will fail. Not out of hatred or backlash, but out of apathy.

In other words: Meh.

The chances are that Equestria Girls will never be accepted by the bronies, and that Barbies and Bratz are so popular with little girls, that they will  not care at all for Human Ponies.

A cople years ago no sane man would embrace cartoon ponies. Most of people's hatred towards Equestria Girls is based on two things. The art style and preconceptions of the show itself. People "assume" every episode will be about boys and math class. Got evidence to back that up? No? Then wait till we know more before immediately rejecting it. As for the artstyle.. I think 1. It's not the style of anthros the fandom are familiar with, 2. The Bratz-like design immediately fuelling the worst assumptions.

Take a step back, breathe. These shows were never made for us. They aren't gonna use the communities human ponies, as much as we, the minority audience want them too. They want the show to carve it's own identity. We should trust them and if we don't like it, we won't like it. But keep a rational head and understand, this show owes you nothing.

(edited)

Twilight becoming an alicorn was an obvious progression in terms of story. Now I did not particularly like the way it happened, but  I'm okay with it. With Equestria Girls, you have a spinoff show that is intentionally made for the purposes of money. From what I've seen so far, the designs look dreadful and it has the terrible setting of school. HIGH SCHOOL. If it was just a humanized version of the main show, I would be okay with it. 

Edited by SGK Rainbow Dash