Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Mane Six were all alicorns? What would they do?

pinkieshyrose

Well I was just wondering what do you think would happen if they all became alicorns.it might seem like they would have unlimted power but i doubt that L:P

1. pinkiepie would proably be thrilled and would be the one most looking foward to it shed be able to have fun in the sky and magic that ciould help her out in baking party planing and other stuff shed proably learn how to do stuff or it comes natrually to her :P

2. rarity with wings would proably help her be even more accepted as a designer (athrough its a bit shallow but if she deserved them then...) she could design dressers easier beacause she has both apenages and not to mention she seems to like wings she proably would do whatever comes natrually with the wings.

3. applejack flying and magic might help with apples shed proably now that she has a horn and wing work hard at trying to figure out how to use them physically but mostly buck apples and things like normal. 

4. rd might at first find a unicorn horn useless but eventually use it for flying tricks having diffrent magic elments work into her flying

5. fluttershy might use magic for animal chores maybe?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I agree with most of this! :) Well, hopefully they don't ALL become alicorns (I obviously doubt it), but if they did:

1. Pinkie Pie would be very excited, and enthusiastic about it. She'd probably cause a lot of damage though, flying through Ponyville and causing mayhem with her magic. :P She'll be 100x nore destructive, and can use her magic for helping out in Sugarcube corner, and with parties. 

2. Rainbow Dash would probably be annoyed that she has a horn now, since it's takes up a lot of space on her head. She'd however maybe found out how to use her magic, such as with moving clouds and such. And possibly pulling pranks with it.

3. Applejack would also probably be disapointed, since she's so used to her down-to-earth and old-fashioned ways. She could help with Sweet Apple Acres more, and fly around Sweet AppleAcres picking apples off trees. So it'd be useful, but at first she probably won't like it. 

4. Rarity wouldn't be bragging about her wings as she did in the past episode, since their just regular pegasus wings. However, she'd probably introduce a new fashion statement for pegasi, and probably open up another shop in Cloudsdale.

5. Fluttershy is hard, she'd probably freak out at the fact that she can use magic now. It'll be a lot easier for her to care for the animals (especially angel). So she'll probably use it as a tool to discipline or take care of animals. 

So yeah, it's pretty much what you said. But it would be interesting to see the mane six's reactions to becoming alicorns. :P

Don't overlook the fact Twilight would be ecstatic. I mean, her best friends would be princesses along with her. Though personally, I dislike the number of princesses were this to happen. But that's just me. :P

(edited)

If Pinkie Pie became an alicorn, she wouldn't go doing crazy things - she's learned a thing or two from Too Many Pinkie Pies :) I reckon she would use her magic to throw the most insane parties, parties ten times more wild than anything else she's thrown. The downside is that her defiance of physics could no longer apply ever again, as her unicorn horn is a quick explanation for it.

If Rainbow Dash became an alicorn, she'd love it at first, but her real passion is aerobatics. She'd spend some time working her magic, seeing what it could do, but I think the only uses she'd have for it beyond that would be to help with her weather duties, or to spawn props for some of her aerial tricks.

If Rarity became an alicorn, I think she'd love it. Being an alicorn symbolises royal status, and for Rarity that's like a dream come true. Her dreams are to be of remarkable status and to have prominence in fashion, and alicorn status would make things so much greater for her.

If Fluttershy became an alicorn, we all know she wouldn't go flaunting it :P She'd want to get out of coronation as quickly as possible, and from then on she'd probably only use her magic to aid her taking care of animals. Spawning salads for Angel and stuff. She'd also gain a lot more confidence, actually, now that I think about it. She'd have the knowledge that people would be very hard-pushed to give her stick when she's out in public.

If Applejack became an alicorn, I think she'd love it! She's always been the humblest of ponies, so to have this ultimate status would be amazing for her, even if she had pride in her Earth pony roots. Her first moments as an alicorn would probably be full of public aid in the form of magical acts for things that her humility couldn't give (she's always been incredibly selfless) and then she'd leave it at that - I don't think she'd use her wings or her magic to aid her business production as she is one to stick by tradition.

Edited by Flipturn

• 1 year later...

I know people flipped when Twilight became one, and I just saw a few posts here suggesting that making the rest of the Mane Six into alicorns would ruin the show. But would it really?

Because this line at the end of Season 4 really stuck out to me: "What is the Princess of Friendship without her friends?"

While the exact nature of an alicorn's lifespan hasn't been made clear, there's a possibility that Twilight can live for centuries like Celestia and Luna did. If that's true, then she's going to end up powerless when her friends croak on her. She'd wind up in a fit of depression so big, she won't be able to carry out her duties.

There's nothing established in the show to suggest that any pony can just "inherit" their elements to resolve this issue, and even if that could be done, it just wouldn't be the same. I really don't think Twilight would feel happy about having to replace her friends each time one of them bid a farewell to her on a death bed.

So wouldn't making them all alicorns be a better alternative? I'm not trying to say we should have an entire season or two with them having reached that status, but perhaps at the very end of the show to end it on a happier note?

• Brohoof 2

CRIES LIKE A BABEH :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

256177__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-da

I'd forgotten about this image, until I remembered that she will outlive them all. :(

(My vague answer was, no. If she outlives them, it's time for the series to end.)

• Brohoof 1

They would be so OP, the show would become boring and will have to end. (...or nothing would really change?)

But in any case, that would be awful.

Edited by Blobulle

Would being alicorns automatically make them princesses though?

All the princesses in Equestria had to bust their asses to get to that status. I doubt all of the Mane Six would be OP just from having a new horn or a set of wings. They can't all be a "Princess of Friendship."

What if they got just enough power to live for as long as Twilight does?

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

There would be more toys.

Lel.

The only problem is, I'm not sure how all of them would be able to qualify for alicorn status in the first place. Twilight got it, mainly due to her magic skills and knowledge in magical studies, if I recall right. Plus she has the royal connection. Rarity could possibly become one as well, if her talent situation was different, and maybe Rainbow Dash (with her superb flying skills), but she'd need magical assistance, which would take a long time to master.