Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv If you could have any video game created into a movie...

Fridge

Oh oh oh Bioshock indeed :3

That would have such a great atmosphere and location for a movie :3

Would be thriller/horror :3

And Id totally watch it :D

Animal crossing would be awesome as a movie :3.I would definetely watch that.Or maybe kirby's epic yarn would be cool as a movie as well :)

Um, they already made a movie out of that. It's a cartoon movie. Do u need a link to it? I can give a dubbed version link! It's a pretty good movie. (Resetti is in it! YES!)

• Brohoof 1

Um, they already made a movie out of that. It's a cartoon movie. Do u need a link to it? I can give a dubbed version link! It's a pretty good movie. (Resetti is in it! YES!)

That sounds cool! You can give me a link to the movie if you want! Maybe a second animal crossing movie would be cool,too.(unless they have a second one,too.)

A movie based on Fallout would be good too..

even though the game is an RPG, the world is strong and fun enough to hold its own movie ^_^

Id love to see who they choose for the actors though..

*Cough* Sam Worthington ftw *Cough*

• Brohoof 1

If and only if it's done right, i would love to see a movie of FarCry 3, not the first two though, i'd like to see it as one movie, obviously it would have to be titled FarCry without the three after it though, video game movies usually don't turn out good, but i'd definitely see a FarCry 3 movie.

I would love to see characters like Vaas develop and get their own scenes, just keep Buck in the parts where he isn't raping Keith (its heavily implied).

You'd have to keep Micheal Bay away from it by at least a 2000 mile radius, i never want to see another movie directed by Micheal Bay ever again.

• Fallout

And single Elder Scrolls, preferably Morrowind.

Soul Calibur II-Whatever we're up to now

The Legend of Spyro [NOT SKYLANDERS, DANG IT]

Amnesia: Dark Descent

Mass Effect

Any single thing involving Zelda

(edited)

THE BINDING OF ISAAC

- IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS GAME, LOOK IT UP -

Despite it being full of religious stuff, I would kill to see this be made into a movie. I wouldn't be sure if it would be a horror, comedy, or action movie. Probably all of the above

As for the people playing the characters, I have no clue. I guess you could have Ol' Honey Boo Boo play Maggie, and her mother playing Maggie's mother. As for Isaac, Not sure. Maybe Charlie Brown (Yes I know he isn't a real person)

I love this goddamn (Literally, Goddamned) game

Edit: I do not know why this thing is so spaced out

Edited by Cobalt Flytrap

The Metal Gear Solid games could be made into movies pretty easily.  Find a way to convert everything that isn't a cutscene into a cutscene and boom, movie.  Same with Uncharted series, but there's a lot more non-cutscene stuff there.  Both the series are basically playable movies anyway.

Depending on execution, Brawl's Subspace Emissary would be neat.  Again, those cutscenes are so well done that a movie made out of them and things like them would be really cool.

Regarding Fallout movies, I'm not sure if the level of choice afforded to the player would translate well into a film.  Sandboxy stuff like that is usually best left to be interactive.  Same with Bioshock, but that might work better.  Also Katawa Shoujo, if sticking to the VN itself, would need to be five movies, all extremely similar through the first chunk, and that's only covering the good endings.  But still, depending on how well done the films are, these games could still work really well.

Also I haven't posted in a while and I've been here for over a year and I never mentioned that before, so yeah.  That's cool.

The correct answer is none.  Its a waste of time and it would probably turn out bad anyway.  There are tons of examples on why video game movie suck so why continue the train of boring BS movie with Boring BS movie.  Just let games be games and movie be movie.  The world keeps spinning and I don't have to do a damn thing.

I'd make a Metal Gear Solid movie, and it wouldn't be that hard either, all I have to do is take out the gameplay parts and add viola, a movie

Amnesia: The Dark Descent would make an epic horror movie if done properly.

Aside from that, maybe the Legend of Spyro series?  Get the same guy who did the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and it could be great.

Assassins creed already has a really good storyline plus it's one of my favourites. What about skyrim? Only the main storyline though and none of that side quest stuff.

I personally think most video games could be made into pretty good movies, as long as the writers and director(s? I don't know that much about movies) know EXACTLY which parts they can mess with.

But you know what could make an amazing movie? Battlefield Bad Company. I'm not a fan of the Battlefield series, but BC1 and 2 were great, and an original story around those characters, or loosely based on the two games' plots (I mean it when I say loosely, I do love the regular story but I'd rather the movie be both accessible to newcomers, i.e. not just pick up at the end of BC2, and not be just a straight ripoff that would be boring to anyone who already played).

For those that want to see a Fallout movie there is the fan made web series Nuka Break by the guys and girls at Wayside Creations. It's pretty dam good and I can't wait to see what they do in season 2 with Chris Avellone and Timothy Cain helping on the project.

Dead Space..Without a doubt one of my favourite games ever...

Id love to see Gunnar Wright (The guys who voices and looks like Isaac) take star lead.

Can you imagine the movie in top dollar CGI?

Dude I reckon it would be a blockbuster horror/thriller ^_^

This idea would be near impossible to pull off. But, if they did it right, it would be amazing. Spore. It would have the evolution of a species from being a cell to futuristic with rockets and stuff. But, like I said, near impossible to pull off.

Well lets say - there is such company as "Blizzard Entertaiment", who responsible for really good staff for PC like Starcraft/Diablo/Warcraft series.

I would really like to see any of this series on a big screen as trilogies (really seems more like serial film but trilogy can work too)

Warcraft the movie was supposedly in development. (Not that I'd care too much at this point; it'd be set after the MMORPG and its expansions that I never played.)

One person has said Morrowind, and another Skyrim. I think an Elder Scrolls movie would be awesome, just that it would probably have to be its own thing and not based on one of the games. Also, to the guy who said no video games movies ever cuz they all suck ALWAYS: That's no fun :(

Id really like to see these games turned into movies.

- Fallout

- Gothic series

- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

- Bioshock

- Halo

- Metal Gear Solid

Every video game movie i've seen was terrible normally these franchise's don't do very well. I.e Max Payne, Hitman, Resident Evil, Super Mario Brothers.   Now if they did it right I wouldn't mind seeing BioShock done.

I wonder if you have seen the one good Resident Evil movie that actually follows the plot of the game series in a way? Resident Evil: Degeneration or something. Because that one was pretty good (At least compared to the live action movies). 

With the God Of War Ascension game out now I would absolutely love to see a God Of War movie.

I would also like...

• [Prototype]
  • [Prototype] 2
  • Infamous
  • Infamous 2
  • Castle Crashers
  • Minecraft (that would be so awesome)
  • Fear
  • Fear 2
  • Soul Caliber
  • Darksiders
  • Darksiders 2
  • Nights
  • The Unfinished Swan

...To be made into movies as well.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.  It is much appreciated.