Ketchup or Mustard?

Virulence

Ketchup or Mustard?  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Ketchup or Mustard?

• Ketchup
    • Mustard
    • Hate Both

So many people always argue about this. Especially in a hotdog place. Most of the discussions run along like this:

Person 1: Why do you like ketchup?

Person 2: It makes it sweeter. Why do you like mustard?

Person 1: It gives it a taste that's somewhat sour but tasteful.

I personally prefer Mustard. Ketchup is gross to me.

(And so on...) So give me your opinions :D

Eww mustard. The texture is just... gross, to put it. I like ketchup because it goes good with almost anything. That and it has a smooth texture

(edited)

Honey Mustard, I absolutely love. Mustard, I absolutely hate. However, Honey mustard =/= Mustard, so I definitely prefer Ketchup over Mustard.

However, I prefer Barbeque sauce over both of them.

Also, I like Warthchasjkdlfsakldfjire sauce on my steak

Edited by /b/etez
  • Brohoof 1

I generally love ketchup because, usually I found mustard to be a bit gross to me. I say at times, I put mustard on my hot dogs but not all the time.

Ketchup beats Mustard any day!

It can be used on way more things, like hot-dogs, burgers, fries, nuggets, chips (English ones) *tries to think of more*

well yeah, you get the idea of where im going with this, mustard only works well on hot-dogs.

Mustard without a doubt I like that tangy acidic flavor, for me ketchup just dosen't do it for me I like sweet things but not really with the things ketchup is usually used on.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what exactly i'm eating, if it's a cheese burger i like ketchup on it, if it's a subway sandwich i like mustard, i don't really like hot dogs. 

I'll eat honey right out of the jar.

Mustard. Love it's tanginess and how it adds bite to a hot dog without distracting from the taste of the meat. Ketchup is too sweet for me. For candy or desert I like sweet, but I don't like making savoury foods sweeter. Not to mention nutritionally mustard adds nothing, while ketchup is packed with sugar. Mustards a great way to add to a dish with no downside.

(edited)

There's a problem with your poll. I can't vote, there isn't an option for liking both.

For Hotdogs I put both Ketchup and Mustard on it. I will put both Ketchup and Mustard of burgers as well. Unless the burger has lettuce, tomato, onions, then I like to put mayonnaise on it and ketchup too. But for things like Hotdogs, I like both.

Oh, and Honey Mustard goes good with chicken sandwiches.

EDIT: I also like spicy brown mustard.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 3

I incredibly loooooooove ketchup

I could pour a whole bottle of it on a single hot dog, and I find it super incredibly delicious in every way possible ;v;

Ew,i don't like mustard.It does'nt taste good.Ketchup is wheres its at.Its the best sauce ever.I dip it in shrimp poppers and fish sticks,which some people find kinda weird.

I like to put ketchup on my ketchup. But as for mustard, I don't like the texture and I think it is too sour for any kind of meat, it takes the true flavor out of it.

I don't really care for either... Actually I don't know that I've ever even had mustard, but oh well. I like eating all of my food plain.

I acually prefer honey mustard much better than ketchup or mustard in my opinion. But you didnt have that option. Soooo (Vote Honey Mustard)

I chose mustard. It only works when you have something to cancel out the sourness though. I like it on a sandwhich that has mayonaisse, cheese, and ham. Not on hot dogs though, hot dogs are crap anyways.

Definitely mustard, no competition. Ketchup is way too sweet with all the sugar thats packed into it and I don't like having foods sweetened for the most part. I don't remember when but I started disliking ketchup all of a sudden and used mustard as a replacement. So yeah I've put mustard on burgers, hotdogs, fries and even eggs on a couple occasions after seeing my family put ketchup on their share  :P.  I like pretty much all the mustards except for honey mustard; the sweetness takes away from the taste for me.

Mustard is generally more healthy than ketchup I think. It's got less calories, omega-3 fatty acids and some selenium (a mineral with antioxidant properties). 

I prefer ketchup, always have since I started eating solid foods. I never liked mustard. The taste is just so weird to me. So I always ask for no mustard.