Which is worse: guns or knives?

Thundershock

Knives or guns-which is worse?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Which one is worse?

• Guns.
    • Knives.
    • They're both horrible.

It depends on the intent of the murderer and the type of gun or knife they are wielding. Both knives and guns can instantly kill, and both knives and guns can be used to inflict severe pain. I'd say that knives tend to inflict more painful and more numerous wounds though.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 2013-03-13 at 1:20 AM, Thundershock said:

So which one do you think is worse to get hurt by?

Depends on the damage. People have survived both. It is kinda like asking what is worse between getting burnt or getting frostbite. Less damage means less bad.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

If using only as a weapon to hurt people, knives as they are never a nice wound, where as a bullet can go right through without really doing much, not to mention you can out maneuver a gun to a point, ex: run and hide, plug the barrel, bullet proof vest,etc., where as a knife both of you are going to be right next to each other, so someone is getting cut no matter what.

Also in a worst case event, a bullet is a bit nicer-faster, quicker, cleaner, compared to a knife. A few have said it feels like getting hit with a bean bag, not really any pain until they realize what has happened. 

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Which is worse: guns or knives?
On 2019-12-30 at 10:31 AM, EpicEnergy said:

It depends on the intent of the murderer and the type of gun or knife they are wielding. Both knives and guns can instantly kill, and both knives and guns can be used to inflict severe pain. I'd say that knives tend to inflict more painful and more numerous wounds though.

I've recently watched a few videos of pathologists talking about their work and they all claimed that instant death is a myth. Even if you get a headshot, untouched parts of your brain will still function for a short time. Only nuclear explosion can vaporize you in a split second

• Brohoof 1

Guns that shoot knives. I love those.... I- I mean they are horrible. Horrendous. Really, really reprobable. No. For real, now. My grandfather used to own a taurus raging Bull .44 revolver. It was a thing of beauty. I remember him unloading the barrel when we were out hunting, then picking up a knife and carefully carving an X in the head of the projectile and then loading it back into the gun. And there was a non-descript animal in sight. He aimed down the iron sight and bam! Right in the torso. The thing collapsed immediatly due to the shock. Then he told me to follow him to see the bullet wound. And it looked like a pretty clean entrance. But then he asked for help turning the animal around. And it was an absolute mess. The exit point where the projectile apparently fragmented was destructive. There were bits of animal everywhere.

That was a part of my family tradition to initiate young males into manhood, including other rites that are not apt for minors. But yeah. Guns take the price in this one.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 4 weeks later...

Knives would be worse. Guns may be destructive but knives can be too. The part that makes knives so hideous is the fact that, unlike guns, they’re slower, making them more painful on entry. A bullet may be no picnic, but at least they’re quick and done. Someone wielding a knife has got to be seriously sadistic up to be able to use such a weapon on a living being, unless it’s used in self-defense.

• Brohoof 1