Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Glitches-Discussion

Harmonic Revelations

This is extremely minor, but if any of you have a working copy of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and are far enough in the game to do this, head to the top-left corner of Cycling Road. You know, where all the bikers are just chillin'. Move left until you can't anymore and cycle downwards for a little bit, then back up. Notice anything? There's water that randomly replaces the trees, and when it's off-screen, the trees are there again.

Just thought I'd share that.

Edited by Gary Oak

The second, which I have posted elsewhere, is of where Dead Space 3 just...deaded itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9EGyRPRs0

Oh man that clip was hilarious XD

eh just the usual clipping, falling through the world and other generic stuff is most of what I've seen. There was one time me and a cousin were playing wrestling (I think wwe 2012) I threw him at the ropes he clipped through them and just kept running and couldn't stop. A few times in Fallout 3 I've had people just stretch and look like deformed bubble gum monsters

• Brohoof 1

I watched my sister play Skyrim and during me playing and her we've seen LOTS of Skyrim glitches but the worst one was when she was fighting this dragon. Okay so this dragon would like fly off mid-battle and come back (it did this like 3 times) the last time it flew off really far so that it went off the navigation map thing but we could see it flying towards a flatland sort of place... then....
The dragon died. How? A gigantic waterfall/rice wall or something XD Like frozen water came down from heaven like a HUGE waterfall. It killed the dragon. My sister ran to it and I got some pictures of it on my phone.. I'll see if I can put them up on here... (wait a second) K got them. 

First picture is where we found the glitch (pictures taken with my ipod touch camera so yeah :/) And it says its by Anga's Mill.

post-9966-0-50992800-1379479199_thumb.jpg

post-9966-0-68444500-1379479275_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Pinkeh Pie ♪
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, here's one I found myself. I'll spoiler it because it's a bit of a spoiler for Metroid Prime 3.

In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, if you get Rundas stuck against a wall during the battle with him, he will not move for the rest of the battle, unless you hit him with a missile or bomb. Otherwise, he'll just stand there for the entire battle, looping endlessly through his idle animation. This was fixed (like all the good glitches) in Metroid Prime Trilogy.

So, I went through a bunch of my steam screenshots on my PC, to see what glitches I had captured.

Here's what I've got:

In Fallout: New Vegas- Malcom Holmes approached me and got stuck inside of my character.

In Far Cry 3- My revolver's cylinder glitched out of the pistol when I was against a car.

In Red Orchestra 2- My freind was on top of the MG he was using.

In Borderlands 2- I fell under the map, and kept falling for about 5 minutes until I died.

In Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising- I killed an enemy soldier, and he turned into a potato with floating hand monsters.

In GTA4- The clothes I had on Niko conflicted with his new character model I downloaded.

Edited by Becker (Fender)
  • Brohoof 1

Black Ops 2 has some of my favorite glitches to do in any video game.  I now have to thank WhosChaos for finding two more hilarious glitches to do, just see for yourself.

Another one of my favorites is this one, Black Ops 2 would be more boring for me if it wasn't for people like VanossGaming, H2O Delirious, DaithiDeNogla, etc. for putting up videos of these hilarious glitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBYwYSFkbvw

There's so many glitches to choose from(especially with Skyrim) but there is this one glitch that happens to be my favourite.  It happens at the end of Dragon Age:Origins:Awakening where you fight the Mother.  The cinematic at the end just keeps looping, it can be a bit annoying but it is very hilarious too.  

• Brohoof 1

Played pokemon Colosseum and tried out the infinite ball glitch. It breaks the game like you wouldn't believe. Have the first pokemon use any ball, then with the second pokemon go to your items and switch the the ball you used with another ball. Afterwards, just do whatever you want with the second pokemon. You will use the ball, but will still keep it. When you get the masterball, it automatically becomes the game breaker. :)

I abused every profitable glitch in Minecraft beta especially the portal cloning glitch which I used to build a gold block castle in survival mode

Other than Minecraft there's only one glitch I can remember abusing which is the team fortress classic false gun model glitch

You empty your ammo and continue to press the fire button while you switch to another weapon and reload

I had a minigun disguised as a crowbar and it made a few people rage

I'm sure I used some glitches in super smash bros but the black hole glitch is the only one I remember which I never had enough friends to make work (forever alone)

• 2 weeks later...

There's this one area in saints row 3 that you go to in the mission "STAG party." and you cannot get there at any other time. I got a call for a survival mission as you do every now an the. So i jumped off the penthouse. But then I was like "Wait, I wanna jump off the helipad instead!" Too late. The closest thing I could land on was this platform that wnt around the outside of the penthouse. Rather than landing on it however he just phased through it and was now inside the building. I coudn't get out and I couldn't go down because of the observation deck, so i was stuck.

• 11 months later...

Merged these two threads about glitches.

Anywho... 2 funny glitch stories about the Last of Us

First is about the single player... I was playing the Last of Us a few months back and I got into this really crappy situation in one level... my save file was right at the point where I had very low health and low supplies, and I was in this part of the game where you're stuck in a sewer and have to fight off this swarm of infected while your companions are on the other side of the door trying to get it open.  Now the way this scene is set up you're in a room with one entrance and once they start trying to open the door, the noise causes a swarm of infected from upstairs to come down and come into your room to attack.  Then there's a second swarm after you beat the first group.

Anyway, I kept dying over and over because I didn't have enough supplies to fight them off, and plus I was on a harder difficulty than I had previously played, so right when I was getting frustrated and ready to quit for the day, there was a strange glitch where for whatever reason none of the infected came down stairs.  They just sat upstairs screaming and running around but didn't get alerted by the noise to come down and attack... needless to say, I rolled with it.

Then the second really funny glitch was in the multiplayer on the game.  I'm not sure if they ever patched this glitch, but there was an occasional bug that would cause a player to become invisible and immortal.  I only had it happen one or two times with another player that I could tell, and one time I was invisible.  The funny thing about the game when I was invisible is I seriously had no idea what was going on because I could see my character and everybody else fine... I thought I was just playing with like the worst players on the face of the earth.  The giveaway that I was in fact invisible was at one point I found myself directly in front of an enemy who wasn't attacking me, and I punched him once and then backed off and he started firing randomly in other directions and punching the air.  Googled it later on and found out that it was a known bug.  Annoyed the other players I'm sure, but it amused me so that's good xD

The best glitches:

-World -1 from Super Mario Bros.

-Missingno from an early Pokemon game.

-Castle Krush glitch from an early Donkey Kong game.

-Swordless Link from Ocarina of Time.

-4th day glitch from Majora's Mask.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

Not sure if it's a glitch(but I'm pretty sure it ain't intentional), but in Metroid Prime, if you hold the C Stick up while firing missiles you can rapid fire them at a rate almost akin to the Power Beam. It's an awesome trick at least, at any rate, and can help trivialize some encounters here and there. ;)

I caused a glitch on at least two games.

The first one is in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. After defeating the second boss, Dingodile, I went to receive the second power up. This sounds normal and all, until I jumped and used a tornado spin attack, which caused the game to create a "shuffle" effect. This "shuffle" effect makes my character do his default victory dance, but at the same time makes him move as if he's, well, shuffling.

The second glitch is in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. There's a stage in which you have to go through some minigames. A red ring or a blue cross would appear right in front of you to tell you whether you won or lost a minigame. After winning a certain minigame while in the middle of fighting a character, said character used his Final Smash on me, which knocked me out rather abruptly. Just when I was going back on stage, a red ring appeared in front of me, which is much, much larger than usual. Probably as large as the screen resolution.

It's hard for me to explain, but I have recorded these two glitches on camera, so showing them off here would make things easier to explain. :D

There are a whole bunch of glitches I've pulled off in my years:

The item duplication glitch in Pokémon Red/Blue: everyone knows how to encounter MissingNo. but there's more to it. Depending on certain letters in your player name, you can experience Pokémon well above the Level 100 cap, or you can fight trainers that would send out glitchy Pokémon.

In Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City/San Andreas, in certain spots of the world, there are unsolid parts of walls/etc. Usually, it does nothing except send you back on the nearest street with no damage, but can be used to see certain parts of where cutscenes take place, and in III, where the opening cutscene is "hidden". In San Andreas, however, in interiors, flying with the jetpack in unsolid collision data can be exploited to enter different worlds, similar to the first Metroid game with its hidden worlds.

Everyone knows about the pause cheesing glitch in the first Mega Man game, but not this glitch: In Mega Man 7, with the Noise Crash/Crush weapon, it's possible to destroy Spring Man and Turbo Man with it being fired at exactly right time/frame. Just enter the boss room as you fire it (it's difficult to get it exactly right). The projectile will hit Spring Man/Turbo Man during their intro sequences, instantly defeating them before you fight them.

• 4 years later...

In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, I found a glitch while fighting a Shell Blade at the Pirates' Fortress. It was underwater, so I attacked it and pushed it slightly towards a wall. It then began levitating itself out of the water and outside the screen - a black void.  I was able to lock on to it afterwards, though it was impossible to reach it,

• 1 year later...