Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would Happen If Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character Was Never In The Show?

Shanks

Occasionally I see threads pop up seriously suggesting that either Rarity, Applejack or both of them be replaced in the show, no joke. It was that and a comment on a status update by Dashforever a few days ago that got me thinking exactly what would happen if your least favorite mane 6 character was never in the show at all? And I mean never, not even replaced even their very element is taken completely out of the show. I think alot of people tend to underestimate just how important certain characters are to the show and it is very easy to this especially with characters we dislike or even despise but is this character always that bad?

In my case my least favorite of the mane 6 is Rarity, at first I didn't like her too much mainly because her primadona side is a laid on a bit thick except in episodes where she is the main focus but she did slowly grow on me a bit more and I do like her now but not as much as the other mane 6 characters. What I think would happen if Rarity was never in the show is the same as what happen if Applejack who has been my favorite pony from the beginning or Twilight who recently became tied with Applejack for my favorite pony was never in the show and that the show itself would not be the same without her. The show might still be good but something very important would be missing.

Rarity has the most untapped potential of all the mane 6 characters, she may annoy me from time to time but she has always been there for her friends and has always gone to great lengths to please her sister Sweetie Belle by often doing what she normally wouldn't do such as "getting dirty" for example.

• Brohoof 3

I favour them all equally... so... ouch.

MLPFiM without the Mane6?

Okay, let's picture all the scenarios.

A) Twily

- MLPFiM turns into a dark series because Nightmare Moon or Discord would never be defeated.

B-) Pinkie

- MLPFiM turns into a dark series because Nightmare Moon or Discord would never be defeated.

C) AJ

D) Rarity

E) Fluttershy

F) Dashie

Great.

My answer is.

MLPFiM turns into a dark series because Nightmare Moon or Discord would never be defeated.

Edited by Sunset Spark
  • Brohoof 7

If I had a least favorite of the mane six characters, and she wasn't in the show, I would simply have to go with my second least favorite Mane six character. Simple as that. Story wise, I think nothing would change.

Edited by Modphase

Honestly, I am not sure. I would say Applejack is my least favorite, but I guess the show would just feel incomplete, but then again, I would not know that because in this sense she never existed in the first place. That is why I find this to be an odd question to answer, because if she was never in the show to begin with, then there wouldn't be any changes because she would have never made any impact, being nonexistent and all.

Edited by Kyoshi

My least favourite Mane 6 character has recently become Twilight Sparkle, and that would completely undermine what the show was following from the beginning. Plus she's still a great character :(

• Brohoof 1

No Fluttershy means no Hurricane Fluttershy or Putting Your Hoof Down. And that's terrible. Rarity, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash would all lack a certain interesting dynamic with one of their friends, and they'd probably shift the gentleness and unwillingness to fight over to Rarity. That'd make her a less intriguing character, methinks.

• Brohoof 3

Rarity has been responsible for keeping the show alive from time to time, but even though I just plain hate her, I know that the show can't exist without her. What would make me love her would be if she just swapped elements with Applejack, which would actually make sense.

So, what would the show be like without Rarity? I actually don't know. I don't really want Rarity gone, but if she did disappear from the show, I would question it heavily.

Evil would basically have not been defeated in the first place, and it would to chaos and disharmony all over Equestria. Discord and Nightmare Moon, with their other villain acquaintances would be able to take over.

If Rarity was never in the show, there wouldn't be no dresses or At The Gala. They wouldn't have been able to go past the whimpering lochness monster.

Basically, there wouldn't be a Mane 6 at all. There wouldn't be any generosity in the group.

It's almost inconceivable.  If we look strictly at the way the Mane 6 are set up now, if any one of them didn't exist, the whole house of cards falls down. 

But what if they had a different structure from the start?  Because my number 6 pony is now Twilight, let's take her out of the picture.  Instead, we now have a Mane 5.  I guess the destiny of someone else would be altered to take Twi's all important place as a major practitioner of magic?  Maybe Rarity would be the one enrolled in the school for gifted unicorns instead?  But then what about the fashions and general artistry that the existing Rarity is responsible for?  And I guess generosity would somehow get attached to one of the remaining elements...probably kindness?  This is hard to wrap my head around.  Not impossible, but I'd have to rethink everypony to make sure that no essential qualities go missing. 

The only thing I know for sure is that when I write about my least favorite ponies, I get a lot more feedback than I do when I write about Fluttershy.  tongue.png

Chaos would reign supreme.

The elements of harmony need six individuals now that they are no longer connected to Celestia.

Without the elements Nightmare Moon and Discord would never have been defeated.

Queen Crysalis would probably take over some kingdoms and King Somra would take back his throne.

Now I'm thinking of the DC series Flashpoint for some reason.