Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: Friendship is ... Expensive

Cake Pops

Not if you have friends who make them.

I have a friend who makes plushies at my school and she sells em for like $30. they are really cool. I just can;t afford it :C

All but one of my brony friends/acquaintances are comp sci/networking/mathematics majors, that sort of thing. No toys coming from them. The one who isn't is sorta-kinda an artist, but he was too lazy to live up to his role as my artist for the pony game I was trying to make, so I doubt I'll even get anything out of him either.

So my desk remains barren of pony for the foreseeable future

I bought these fanmade magnets from this seller on ebay. The seller doesn't make exclusively pony stuff but you all should really give their profile a look (He/she does anime and video buttons, magnets, even pages for a journal!).

post-107-0-51459200-1319685208_thumb.jpg

Tonight I just bought magnets of the mane 6 as well and will be uploading images of those here whenever I get them. Likely next week. :)

EDIT: I do not know why their orientation is sideways when on my computer they are in the right position. :0

post-107-0-89562200-1319685686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Akaraah

So far i've spent 36$ on pony merch.

This amount got me The mane six and Honeybelle from the blind bags.

(Honeybelle was bought because i missed one number on her bag print)

And i'll possibly get myself some shirts or what not sometime soon.

And here's to anypony looking for specific ponies in the bags: http://www.majhost.c...odes_answer.jpg

(Don't look if you want it to be a surprise)

The second I turn 16, my parents are going to think I am gay.

The reason for that is, I will walk to Toys R' Us, go straight to the My little Pony section, pick up the mane 6 box, walk back to the cashier, and if the person asks "is this for your little sister?"

I wll say "NO. THIS IS FOR ME :D"

• Brohoof 2

The reason for that is, I will walk to Toys R' Us, go straight to the My little Pony section, pick up the mane 6 box, walk back to the cashier, and if the person asks "is this for your little sister?"

That's what I'm planning on doing xD

I just did this the other day except the cashier didn't say anything so neither did I. Since then I've gained enough confidence to walk into Walmart and buy 3 brushables. Again, nothing was said.
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Although I have a debit card, finding MLP-related ANYTHING on the high street of the UK is darn near impossible and I can't order anything of the internet without my parents finding out.

With no Sky TV (I'm stuck with Freeview, :D), I am forced to use Youtube to get my daily dose of ponies.

So, yes, I'm a free-Brony, but only because I can't dash out and spend £300 on Fluttershy and Applejack plushies. :3

Nothing offical by Hasbro, but I've picked up some custom posters (abused the Wal-Mart 16x20 poster event), some button pins of Twlight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, and I'm planning on buying some kind of pony sweatshirt/article of clothing.

I've probably spent about $7 USD so far, but I want a nice, quality piece of clothing. So, you could add another $40 USD to that. ;)

Viva la Equestria!

If I ever pass by a show accurate figure of Fluttershy, you bet my flank I'll snatch that thing up. I don't have anything yet, but when I saw a Pinkie Pie toy at Toys R Us a week or so ago, I kind of had a mental geek out at just as a fan of the show.

I have a Totori (Atelier Totori) and Mai Kurosawa (Kanon) statues on my TV of very high quality, and I need something of that level of attention before I start shelling out money for the merch.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

When I used to be a G1 collector (and a G1/G3 eBay seller), I made purchases totalling up to $1500. I kept a lot of the G1 collection, but I sold all of the G3s and many of the G1s to make a hefty profit.  :D

Then, I sold nearly all of my G1 collection, and put the rest in storage. I no longer was interested in the G1 show.

After the G1 days, I started dramatically increasing my G4, MLP:FiM collection. 

I probably have spent over $2500 on G4 merch. Nearly all of it is the higher quality merch–not those cheap Hasbro brushable toys. I spent a lot of money on Funko figures, t-shirts, trading cards; plus a few various other things like plushies, 3D printed figures, posters, and such.

post-29056-0-56652600-1431533839_thumb.jpg

Recently, I paid over $500 for a life-size, 45-inch Fluttershy plushie. 

post-29056-0-82010500-1460351555_thumb.jpg

But much of the stuff I didn't pay myself. :blush:  I probably paid 60% of what I have, while my parents bought the rest as Christmas gifts and such. My parents got me the life-size Fluttershy on the condition that I get almost nothing else and that I help pay for 1/3 of it. 

I've spent too much! XD But I am pretty much done collecting, anyways. Maybe I'll get a few of the newer Guardian of Harmony figures.  ^_^
  • Brohoof 2

WOW where did you get this stunning Flatter Shy?? ^^^^^

Thank you.  ^_^

I got it from Agatrix. She is really friendly and helpful.

http://agatrix.deviantart.com/

She sells life-size ones for around $600-1000. She can make them up to 60" long, I believe. Mine was 45" so it was less expensive.

She also sells 17" ones for around $280-350.  ^_^

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you.  ^_^

I got it from Agatrix. She is really friendly and helpful.

http://agatrix.deviantart.com/

She sells life-size ones for around $600-1000. She can make them up to 60" long, I believe. Mine was 45" so it was less expensive.

She also sells 17" ones for around $280-350.  ^_^

Wow thank you so much, I most definitely go and check her out  :twi:  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

ive spent a total of 37 bucks, for one octavia plushie and a large rainbow dash poster, then i got gifted two shirts, a woona plushie, a twilight and AJ plushie, and four figures, and a stack of bandaids

That's a franchise's /company's aim. Money. Everything is money.

I know I'VE spent be ay too much on g4 ponies. Trying to practice self control and just limit it to specifically pony Sunset Shimmer, which she doesn't have much in the way of, anyway. Pony is indeed expensive, and I've thrown so much money at it, like I did the beanie babies craze back in the 90'