Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Just watched Brave... not sure how I feel about it yet. The animation was great and all but it didn't instantly get me like Up and Wall-e did.

Battle Royale, a whole lot like The Hunger Games. With the exception that it doesn't showcase some of the worst aspects of the latter, & actually coherent.

Yeah, Battle Royale is a great movie. When I saw the Hunger Games all I could think was 'this is Battle Royale, but really really tame'.

• Brohoof 1

The last movie I saw was the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm in a Shadow Cast so I watch it all the time. I may watch Repo: The Genetic Opera soon. I may be joining a shadow cast for that. :)

The new James Bond movie, Skyfall.

It was a pretty damn awesome movie.

And I saw it on my birthday too : )

Also, the lord of the rings trilogy

The Artist - That silent film that was recently released...

My dad made us watch it for Thanksgiving yesterday... it wasn't that bad. It was rather cute. I like old-school things, so It kinda grabbed my attention. ^^

• Brohoof 1

The Artist - That silent film that was recently released...

My dad made us watch it for Thanksgiving yesterday... it wasn't that bad. It was rather cute. I like old-school things, so It kinda grabbed my attention. ^^

I love that film! Also Uggy the dog is awesome. He totally should have won an award for that.

It reminded me of watching old Chaplin films with my grandfather as a kid.

I love that film! Also Uggy the dog is awesome. He totally should have won an award for that.

It reminded me of watching old Chaplin films with my grandfather as a kid.

That dog was so well trained! I 'd'awd' every time I saw him follow his master. ^_^ Ha, it reminded me of my grandparents to. My grandma is like 86, so she has all of these really old-school 30's and 40's photos of herself, and my dad when he was young. The music that played in it mostly got that feeling of her home, and such.

• Brohoof 1

I just watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer. It was actually entertaining and had some good action to it. That was probably because we expected nothing from it and thought it would be ridiculous though...

I watched Ace Ventura:Pet Detective for the first time a few hours ago, rather funny movie but the second one is far better.

Although for some reason the part where he says "if I'm not back in 5 minutes .... Wait longer" made me laugh my ass off :P

I watched "Shall We Dansu?" this past week. I used to like it pretty well, especially when I first started studying Japanese. However, now that I'm more critical of the films I watch and am more appreciative of how the story actually works, I find this film to be very dissatisfying. Especially in the way it ends. Very unsatisfying ending. I feel like more should have either been concluded or added, but it seems to me to stop rather abruptly, and overall lack purpose as a film, other than to make you feel emotional about the characters. Which is a good thing to be able to do, but if there's no purpose to the movie, it makes getting emotionally involved with the characters rather pointless. Either way, time wasted.

Edited by Clover Heart

I watched Apocalypse Now for the first time yesterday. Now I understand why they say it's one of the greatest films ever made. It's a pretty intense film. And it has surprisingly aged really well for a film made in 1979. It doesn't look like a 30 years old movie at all.

Saw Life of Pi this afternoon. Incredible movie. Much more mature than I expected. That PG rating is VERY deceptive. It's so much more than an Indian boy in a boat with a tiger. It's been a long time since a movie has been able to stay with me for long after I watch it.

• Brohoof 1

I watched Scott Pilgrim for the millionth time! I am going to watch Sucker Punch again too.... whenever my boyfriend has me over next. :P (He lives at home and his mom, brother and sisters make "alone time" a difficult feat. We have to close and lock the door, no joke ;) )

Saw Life of Pi this afternoon. Incredible movie. Much more mature than I expected. That PG rating is VERY deceptive. It's so much more than an Indian boy in a boat with a tiger. It's been a long time since a movie has been able to stay with me for long after I watch it.

This is fantastic news, because I want to see this movie soooooo bad! It looked so good and hey, for me it's free, so I am thinking it's going to be more than worth it! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

A few weeks back I saw Wreck-It-Ralph. It was a very entertaining movie with a lot of references in it that I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy. I highly suggest that you go see it if you haven't already.

I just watched Titanic on a 6-hour car ride, and I don't think you truly appreciate a tragic movie until you watch it alone, in the dark. I watched it several years ago in school (it was an end-of-year treat from a teacher, so we just spent a few periods relaxing and watching movies. Titanic was one of them,) but my class was too distracted to pay attention. I still can't figure out how the heck this movie was made, and it's still a technical feat after 15 years. I may have teared up a bit, but not at the obvious part (spoilers ruined it for me anyway) but at small things like the elderly couple in the bed waiting for death, or when the woman who couldn't get onto the top deck was tucking her kids into bed and telling them a story, OR when a few crew members search for survivors among the dead, frozen corpses in the water, and they see the dead woman and baby... :( Pshh, it wasn't like I bawled, I just got a wee bit teary eyed. :unsure:Just a little bit.

In the theatre? I don't remember. I Think it was the last part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That was a very long time ago. I don't go to the movies very often. because i don't like paying the exorbitantly high prices for admission to the cinema.

Last night, I watched Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" for the fifth time. It's seriously one of the best films I've ever seen. It's visually dazzling (if incredibly surreal and disorienting at times), the whole story just keeps getting better and more interesting upon multiple viewings, and I just can't help but really admire the crazy dystopian world that the film creates.

I think The Book of Eli was the last film that I saw. The setting kinda reminded me of Fallout a little bit and Desmond Washington is just plain awesome.

And the bit at the end :o