Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

A really weird movie from 1982 called "The Dark Crystal."

MV5BNTU2MmJiZmQtZjBmMS00MTk4LWFmOWYtZGQz

It actually had very immersive world-building going on, but the film really fell short as an actual movie, in my honest opinion. While I got immersed in the general world of the movie, the story was just uninteresting (for the most part) and poorly developed. The pacing was so far off, I couldn't even tell if it was too fast or too slow. One thing I can say in it's favor though would be that the special effects were exceptional for a darker-toned family movie from the early 80's. In my honest opinion, about a 6.5/10. Can't give it more than that because the plot development was a bit lackluster, and the plot in general was a bit too predictable, but won't give it less because it was a bit of an immersive experience nonetheless.

The last Movie i watched was Fullmetal Alchemist ( the live action one ) and i thought it was pretty great. Just as a sidenote : I never watched or even heard of Fullmetal Alchemist, i dont know the anime and i also have no idea if a manga even exists of it, i just watched the movie, so i dont have a comparison.

The Movie started off a bit to funny for my taste but got better in the second half, when it started to have a more darker tone. The special effects looked great, the costumes looked great and it had one very good emotional scene that made me cry and the final fight was awesome!

This Live Action Version definitely got me interested in the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise. I would totally watch a sequel to this Movie. I have no Idea if i will watch the Anime though, because i simply dont want to at the moment. I dont know why, i just dont feel like it.

Coco 8/10

It was good as many say and i really like the visual effect of the movie. The only thing is I wasn't that moved with the plot that much, which was disappointing for me to feel. 

I watched Lady Bird on my smart TV. Well, some of it.... I don't like to sit still for very long in front a TV.

It's an interesting movie, definitely. The mom treats Lady Bird kinda tough, but I can see why.

(edited)

Well my younger brother wanted me to watch Tarzan with him last night, but I only ended up watching the first 15 minutes or so. :P The last time I actually sat and watched a full movie was just a couple weeks ago...Chicken Little. :lol: And that really brought back some childhood memories. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Me and my roommates watched part of The Hills Have Eyes the other night but only like 20 minutes of it, 20 minutes out of the middle now that I think of it. Last movie I watch all the way through though was 2 Fast 2 Furious for about the 25th time.:lol:

I watched the LEGO Ninjago Movie not too long ago, considering the fact that I loved the LEGO Movie and the LEGO Batman movie. I thought it was... okay. It certainly wasn't on the level of the first one. At its absolute best moments, it was pretty damn great. At its absolute worst moments, however, it was everything the LEGO Movie mocked. Regardless, I enjoyed it just fine, but I'm kinda concerned how the upcoming LEGO movies will fare.

Last movie I watched was "Trumbo" two days ago. Bryan Cranston plays screenwriter and communist Dalton Trumbo who was put on Hollywood's blacklist during cold war, but still managed to write scripts for movies - and even win several academy awards (!) - under speudonyms. Great movie, actors did a wonderful job.

Jurmanji: Welcome to the Jungle. 11/10. What a great and comical movie, I've never laughed so hard in every moments and dialongs since Toy story 3.