Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Family opinion?

TinkerTorchLighting

Yeah...it was pretty funny, I s'pose. I don't think my dad really minds too much given that he'd have said something on our commutes to work if he had some kind of problem with it. Although I can't wait to see his reaction when I that epic T-shirt I showed you comes in...he's a huge Mega Man buff as well, so he may very well think it's the coolest thing ever. XD

Oh yes, I'm sure he will love it!

Well, at least I hope he does. If anything, you know I dig that awesome shirt. I'm sure he'll like it, though. You'll have to tell me how that goes.

Oh yes, I'm sure he will love it!

Well, at least I hope he does. If anything, you know I dig that awesome shirt. I'm sure he'll like it, though. You'll have to tell me how that goes.

Will do! And...I'm sorry to hear that your dad's not as, uh, open-minded about the whole thing. One question, though...you said before that you had tons of MLP shirts? How do you pull off wearing those without him noticing? ohmy.png

• Brohoof 1

Will do! And...I'm sorry to hear that your dad's not as, uh, open-minded about the whole thing. One question, though...you said before that you had tons of MLP shirts? How do you pull off wearing those without him noticing? img-1417322-1-ohmy.png

Heh heh, about that...

Well, I have a bunch of pony merchandise hidden in my closet, including my not limited to:

-Hundreds of trading cards in a binder

-Three Vinyl Figures, Namely the Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Derpy Hooves ones

-A blindbag pony and some ponies from a playset from Target

-Rainbow Dash Earbuds

-Rainbow Dash Wallet

-Lots of little buttons

-And about five or six shirts.

How do I wear the shirts? I simply go into my closet, pick a pony shirt, put the shirt on, put on a hoodie, leave the house, take off the hoodie, hang out with friends, put back on the hoodie, come back home, and then discreetly slip the shirt into my closet. I have to wash and dry them when my dad and mom aren't home...

Yeah, I feel pathetic for hiding it, but I honestly am more than a little scared of them finding out.

• Brohoof 1

Heh heh, about that...

Well, I have a bunch of pony merchandise hidden in my closet, including my not limited to:

-Hundreds of trading cards in a binder

-Three Vinyl Figures, Namely the Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Derpy Hooves ones

-A blindbag pony and some ponies from a playset from Target

-Rainbow Dash Earbuds

-Rainbow Dash Wallet

-Lots of little buttons

-And about five or six shirts.

How do I wear the shirts? I simply go into my closet, pick a pony shirt, put the shirt on, put on a hoodie, leave the house, take off the hoodie, hang out with friends, put back on the hoodie, come back home, and then discreetly slip the shirt into my closet. I have to wash and dry them when my dad and mom aren't home...

Yeah, I feel pathetic for hiding it, but I honestly am more than a little scared of them finding out.

Oh, wow. blink.png  I couldn't even imagine trying to hide that amount of stuff for any extended period of time. I have a hard enough time keeping my family's Christmas presents hidden...

• Brohoof 1

Oh, wow. blink.png  I couldn't even imagine trying to hide that amount of stuff for any extended period of time. I have a hard enough time keeping my family's Christmas presents hidden...

Yeah... I've been hiding my stash ever since November when I actually started to collect the merchandise. Wish there was another way, but I'm just not comfortable with my parents knowing at this point. I'm hoping to move out soon and get my own place once I get enough money, and then I'll finally be able to let my pony stuff breathe. After that... well, I'll be independent, so if they come over and see it, I won't care as much.

• Brohoof 1

My mom knows and although she finds it a bit strange, she's not against it.

My sister knows and likes the show too, so she thinks it's cool.

I have a cousin who knows and also likes the show. She was surprised but thinks it's neat.

Nobody else in my family knows.

Yeah... I've been hiding my stash ever since November when I actually started to collect the merchandise. Wish there was another way, but I'm just not comfortable with my parents knowing at this point. I'm hoping to move out soon and get my own place once I get enough money, and then I'll finally be able to let my pony stuff breathe. After that... well, I'll be independent, so if they come over and see it, I won't care as much.

Well hey, if that seems like the the safest route for you to take then by all means, keep it going. Better they find out when you have more control over your own life than find out while you're still under their roof, and thus forced to take any ridicule they may dish out. Best of luck to you, sir! /)

• Brohoof 1

Well hey, if that seems like the the safest route for you to take then by all means, keep it going. Better they find out when you have more control over your own life than find out while you're still under their roof, and thus forced to take any ridicule they may dish out. Best of luck to you, sir! /)

Heh, thanks! Glad that someone else thinks that my little convoluted plan might just make a bit of sense!

Although... if I end up going to Bronycon while I'm still under their roof, they're probably going to find out then... but hey, it's Bronycon, so I don't give a buck!

• Brohoof 2

My family and friends don't care.  My uncles how ever think it's the weirdest thing they've ever seen.  Which was very very expected.  

Not only do my parents know it, but I have also asked them to watch an episode. They honestly don't care, I am a huge fan of cartoons and watch cartoons every day. So watching MLP, did not make them look differently at me, I told them about how the show had many fans, not going into details, but still enough so they knew that I was in a fandom. I also believe that they saw how it changed me, so they didn't judge me or anything. They have actually encouraged me to keep making drawings and just recently they have complimented me for the PMVs I made. They also insist on showing everyone, not asking me first. That's how a lot of people know that I'm a fan of the show without me even telling them, so I never saw any point in hiding it that I was a brony. I told them how the PMVs got on EQD and how it was a big site for the fans of the show. If anything, I actually believe that they are proud that I have started doing all of these things thanks to the show.

• Brohoof 2

Nobody in my family knows I'm a fan of the show. I don't think they even know of the show or fanbase's existence, which is fine by me. I have a very low, if not nonexistent powerlevel though so It's not like I even have to worry about hiding anything.

Well when I got into the fandom I quickly converted my sisters. I'd say my mom and dad understand but are still slightly confused about it. (Fun fact:Sometimes my dad calls my little pony the parody of it in Dexter's Lab called Pony Puff Princess.)

I don't think my parents know, and I certainly haven't gone out of my way to tell them. With that said, I don't hide it either. I have some pony wallpapers in my desktop slideshow (along with my other fandoms), I have a pony wallpaper on my phone, I have pony music on my iPod and I bought a Discord shirt, though to be fair the shirt is pretty obscure. I probably won't be sitting in the living room watching it on the flatscreen (this is due to my brother more than my parents), but I don't exactly hide it. 

Not only do my parents know it, but I have also asked them to watch an episode. They honestly don't care, I am a huge fan of cartoons and watch cartoons every day. So watching MLP, did not make them look differently at me, I told them about how the show had many fans, not going into details, but still enough so they knew that I was in a fandom. I also believe that they saw how it changed me, so they didn't judge me or anything. They have actually encouraged me to keep making drawings and just recently they have complimented me for the PMVs I made. They also insist on showing everyone, not asking me first. That's how a lot of people know that I'm a fan of the show without me even telling them, so I never saw any point in hiding it that I was a brony. I told them how the PMVs got on EQD and how it was a big site for the fans of the show. If anything, I actually believe that they are proud that I have started doing all of these things thanks to the show.

Dude, that's awesome how your family's so supportive! Although it does sound like you'd prefer it if they didn't showcase your stuff to everyone all the time, but...still, man, I wish my parents were that proud of me for the music I write. I guess they are, in some way, but my mom still kinda thinks metal is just a bunch of noise. huh.png Just wait till I start writing brony metal...

• Brohoof 1

Dude, that's awesome how your family's so supportive! Although it does sound like you'd prefer it if they didn't showcase your stuff to everyone all the time, but...still, man, I wish my parents were that proud of me for the music I write. I guess they are, in some way, but my mom still kinda thinks metal is just a bunch of noise. img-1418087-1-huh.png Just wait till I start writing brony metal...

Don't get me wrong it's cool showing other people, it's just that some people I prefer not sharing it with. Luckily most of those people are adults and well also a lot of kids, so it doesn't really matter. But I prefer being asked first. I'm sure your parents are proud of the music you write, I think most people feel the same way about metal, not sure why though.

• Brohoof 2

Not only do my parents know it, but I have also asked them to watch an episode...

My mom saw my Derpy cursor one day when I had my computer on the TV so I can do some tax forms, back when I had a job...she asked where it came from, and I showed her the Derpy part of 'The Last Roundup.' I asked her why she thought it might be controversial, she said she had no idea. 

I wish there were more people that accepting of it. Oh well, what're you gonna do?

• Brohoof 2

my dad doesn't give a rats ass and my mother finds it charming.

Same here.  I'm not sure if my dad knows because he never said anything.  I have watched it while he was around though, so its possible he knows but doesn't care.  My mom laughed a bit when she found out, but overall she thinks its nice/ charming that I like MLP.  My family has always been close and they are very accepting of me, so liking ponies is no issue biggrin.png

• Brohoof 2

I told my parents last summer, 22 years old. they were fine with it. so fine in fact, that they bought me two sets of pony figurines for Christmas

• Brohoof 2