tumblr_lkzkt5Q7f81qha245o1_500.png

Grand Galloping Gala

100149d1301104503-my-little-pony-friends

Gotta Share - Gotta Care

maxresdefault.jpgAs Chancellor Puddinghead 

Pinkie_invites_Twilight_S1E25.png

Singing Telegram

• Brohoof 2

Oh yes, definitely. The framing throughout that entire scene is brilliant. For example, they visually show how imposing Celestia looks to Twilight just from the camera angles:

img-1507212-2-i-knR36Bm-M.png

Celestia looks adorable in this one. Just look at her! :3

Poor little Twi looks lost next to the elegant Princess of the Sun -- who seems quizzical of her beloved student's behavior.

And another one!

post-15992-0-60121200-1369840817.png

:I

post-15992-0-11950700-1369841063_thumb.png

And here is Twilight and some of the citizens of Ponyville, dancing and singing about how great this day will be. Plus, Derpy and a chromatic lens flare!

• Brohoof 2

Tiara.jpg

"Got that, Diamond Tiara?"

Sometimes, it's simple. Properly confronted, Diamond Tiara will wither like a leaf. Of course, once the threat is gone, she's pure fury, ready to strike. 

I like the transition, which is why I posted a split screen shot. What's missing is the great dog growl DT does during the lower one. No simple angry pony snort here - she needs a leash, stat.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's tons, but this one I used as my Facebook timeline banner comes to mind, I really like when they harken back to the old facial expressions like cartoons form the 90s(particularly Toon Disney) would've had. 

img-1509657-1-459553_642896015727601_225

Best screenshots?

Hmmmm.....

cannonfetish.png attachicon.gif

Whatever is going here, I'm sure they can explain, and it's not what it looks like(with is a universal truth, because I don't even know that the hay this looks like in the first place)

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

There's tons, but this one I used as my Facebook timeline banner comes to mind, I really like when they harken back to the old facial expressions like cartoons form the 90s(particularly Toon Disney) would've had. 

img-1509657-1-459553_642896015727601_225

The o' jaw drop: an animation cornerstone. I love it.

But I don't think Walt D can lay claim to that one. I'm pretty sure this visual gimmick belongs to Tex Avery, who came up with it in the 30s or 40s...

deux-chaperons-rouges-49-02-g.jpg

(If you incorporate the tongue and the eyes, you're required to back it up with an auogah horn.)  img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The o' jaw drop: an animation cornerstone. I love it.

But I don't think Walt D can lay claim to that one. I'm pretty sure this visual gimmick belongs to Tex Avery, who came up with it in the 30s or 40s...

deux-chaperons-rouges-49-02-g.jpg

(If you incorporate the tongue and the eyes, you're required to back it up with an auogah horn.)  img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I just listed off what i grew up with and it reminded me of. The 90s is when that kind of animation expressions had a bit of a revival after the 80s used a kinda semi-realistic style for a lot of things. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I just listed off what i grew up with a it reminded me of. The 90s is when that kind of animation expressions had a bit of a revival after the 80s used a kinda semi-realistic style for a lot of things. 

Very true. The original My Little Pony series had no "cartoony-ness" about it, which fell in line with most cartoons from the 70s - mid 80s. And then The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse brought the fun stuff back to Saturday morning, which led directly to Tiny Toons, Ren & Stimpy, Animaniacs, and others. When I was in the theater to watch Aladdin and Genie's jaw dropped, the audience was like, "finally - animation is going `looney tunes' again!"

• Brohoof 2

Very true. The original My Little Pony series had no "cartoony-ness" about it, which fell in line with most cartoons from the 70s - mid 80s. And then The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse brought the fun stuff back to Saturday morning, which led directly to Tiny Toons, Ren & Stimpy, Animaniacs, and others. When I was in the theater to watch Aladdin and Genie's jaw dropped, the audience was like, "finally - animation is going `looney tunes' again!"

I think 80s stuff is okay if you like action cartoons, but if you want comedy you're better off with the end of the 80s on up through maybe the early 2000s(aside from TMNT, that was pretty fun and cheesy for it's time)

I've never had a massive taste for the really old stuff, aside from Tom and Jerry, Hanna Barbara, and some of the Loony Tunes specials and movies. This newer short is interesting, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsDMyjENqw

• Brohoof 1

a4lb81.png

LOL this image was up for maybe a split second or two, it's hilarious ! Did anyone else notice it?

It's from the season 1 finale 

Fluttershy at her finest 

• Brohoof 3

Whatever is going here, I'm sure they can explain, and it's not what it looks like(with is a universal truth, because I don't even know that the hay this looks like in the first place)

laugh.png I thought the exact same thing when I saw that picture the other day, and had to go and caption it properly: http://cheezburger.com/7508806400

And whilst we're making vague innuendos, here's another shot that I find rather amusing:

post-9686-0-34952000-1369888818_thumb.jpg

The location of Twilight's nose, Rainbow's hooves, and it looks like AJ is whispering something dirty in Rarity's ear, perhaps relating to whatever it is Pinkie is doing back there huh.png

Aaaand to keep the thread from descending into the gutter, here is Twilight at her most adorkable:

post-9686-0-46504600-1369889043_thumb.jpg

post-9686-0-23996400-1369889054_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Rarity_Celestia.jpg

This screenshot makes me wish for the following scenario: Princess Twilight runs the kingdom for a day while Princess Celestia takes the day off and hangs out with Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy, having fun with all of them and discovering (re-discovering) the magic of friendship for herself.

(I know you're not reading this, Meghan McCarthy. But I'm gonna pretend you are, and ask you to get on it!)

• Brohoof 6

post-15992-0-40157700-1369959699_thumb.gif

This... is one of my favorite scenes from Party of One. Pinkie Pie giving her friends a loving hug, and all of them sighing in relief that she's okay and is herself again.

Plus, all of the colors together are just gorgeous :3

• Brohoof 3

Rarity_Spike.jpg

"Oh, be quiet! You've got nothing to be proud of!"

Grown-Up Spike's "blah blah blah" hand motion response to Rarity is one of my favorite bits. If you listen carefully, you can hear his fingers clicking - and yet the animators decided not to linger on the joke, or have it take all the focus from Rarity's cute little diatribe. The humor is well written, the artists and animators match the framing and timing of the jokes perfectly, add the orchestrated and non-orchestrated sound, and bingo = polished results.

• Brohoof 3

Diamond_Happy.jpg

"...we undermine every other gift market in town!"

Diamond Tiara is totally off-model here: her eyes aren't at half-mast, and she's not being evil. Someone screwed up.

(Actually, she's smiling at semi-evil corporate Gordon Gekko-type stuff that's being presented. Does that count?)

• Brohoof 5

Pinkie_Not_Burping.jpg

"You're making funny faces! I have one!"

Pinkie will always play a game with you. At any time. Even when it's not really, you know...a game.

• Brohoof 2

Get_Started.jpg

"Shall we get started?"

The Last Roundup is really worth a re-visit in terms of the little details they sneak in. It's chock full of them. I enjoy this shot because it establishes Twilight's setting her cunning plan into action, and Rainbow Dash being firmly on board because of her bond with Applejack (check her expression). For the aforementioned "something extra" in this moment, we see that Rarity has her own priorities in order - namely, making sure that her hat is on straight.

• Brohoof 5

Pinkie_Gun.jpg

Rainbow Dash has a Pinkie Gun. Your argument is invalid.

And corks for her ears - smart pony. Also, check out these colors. They're chimicherrychangalicious.

• Brohoof 1

YES! I looked through the while thread and nopony posted mine, sooo here they are:

f0ay5w.jpg

You Remember Me!

From Wonderbolts Academy SE3 EP7

mwqzup.jpg

Unspeakable Atrocities

From Read It and Weep SE2 EP16

There is so much wrong with that picture. blink.png

Plus everything everypony else has mentioned thus far. :)

• Brohoof 4