Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite screenshots from the series thus far

Dzastur

(edited)

So, there aren't really cells anymore, but there's frequently something interesting to look at in MLP: FiM from a "wow - nice touch" perspective. That's what this thread is for.

I'll give you an example of one I like, and why:

cwe7f.jpg

This is Pinkie, as depicted by a Changeling during the wedding battle scene after she requests "Do me!" and the Changeling begrudgingly accepts the challenge. I love the mouth askew to the right and the one eyelid that's slightly up. For me, it's a perfect depiction of a response that says, "There - crazy Pinkie Pie. Satisfied?" (Well, of course she isn't - she's seen better. I mean, if your heart's not in it, why try at all?) Hard attitude to convey, but the artist nails it in my opinion.

Which ones do you like?

Edited by John Mellenclop
  • Brohoof 25

Man oh man are there billions to choose from!

For as of right now, my personal favorite has to be this pose from sweetie belle looking cute.

sweetie_belle___cutie_bell_by_kooner01-dLook at that! How can anybody not get a heart attack from that?!? XD

• Brohoof 25

My favorite has to be from the Baby Cakes episode, when Pinkie Pie makes a beard out of the bath bubbles. The smile she makes is just so unique, and I can't help but smile myself when I see it.

post-3903-0-80276000-1367628445_thumb.png

• Brohoof 22

(edited)

Just as someone above me said, there are absolutely tons that I love. So I guess I'll throw in a few of my favourite Pinkie Pie stills. (I have about 400 images of just Pinkie Pie frames...)

This here frame is just wonderfully satisfying. Look how totally content and innocently peaceful she is with her skating. That smile she has is simply purity and joy. n.n

51845a1341e0b.jpg

This follows in the same fashion. Can a pony look any more innocent and cuddly? Look, she's playing with the rope swing... <3

51845ab3ed46a.jpg

Also, hnnnng she's at a party and is agape with happiness and... <33333

51845b9c8f2ab.jpg

And because my upload speed is absolutely atrocious right now and I'm not doing this again, I'll just list more of my favourite stills.

• The ending hug in Sleepless in Ponyville n.n
  • The moment where the Crystal Empire tower fires aurora after banishing King Sombra. Really beautiful.
  • The moment in Ponyville Confidential where Scoots & Sweetie Belle are in a giant paper boat, contently sailing down a river, wearing matching paper hats, with Pinkie watching happily from the bank. So god damn adorable.
  • The moment in A Friend in Deed where Pinkie Pie balances the snow globe on her nose. Firstly, that's a sweet little talent, and secondly the way she smiles having performed yet another of so many cool tricks, is a great source of appeal smile.png
Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 18

commlpsfjigsawmlpcelebrationatcanterlot-

I get the feels from this. :( Out of the billions of images this is just the one that apeals to me because it truely shows twilights love for her brother.

• Brohoof 21

4675728_l4.jpg

"HAZAA! How many points do I receive?!" I love how she's just scared the crap out of every pony and still thinks she's playing a game! Also I thought it was cool to see Luna's powers. We rarely get to see the princesses do magic. Loved this scene.

• Brohoof 16

(edited)

Well, I love Luna, and in my opinion, she has some of the best facial expressions on the show.

I'm Evil :V

princess_luna_is_looking_evil_by_dualx-d

Hello, Fourth Wall!

img-1430470-2-640px-Nightmare_Moon_hears

LUNA IS SO FREAKING ADOWABLE :VVVVVVV

img-1430470-3-640px-Luna_Sad_2_S2E4.png

Luna is now...Shaded.

img-1430470-4-640px-Luna_talking_about_t

I also have a lot more, but these are my favorites.

Edited by Neutral Shift
  • Brohoof 18

Great examples, people. I'm seeing stuff I haven't noticed before - which was really the point of this thread. Thanks!

"HAZAA! How many points do I receive?!" I love how she's just scared the crap out of every pony and still thinks she's playing a game!

And she's got her foreleg cocked instead of having all four feet planted. Great detail!

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie_big_smile_S2E18.png

Now this picture just screams Pinkie Pie wackiness and cuteness at the same time. I mean, who can resist a smile like that. I know I can't. wub.png

• Brohoof 20

All I can say, is who DIDN'T like this? So cute!

post-4258-0-71232700-1367631005.jpg

And, of course, why not Pinkie Pie defying physics?

post-4258-0-20595500-1367631484_thumb.jpg

And it was so funny how they thought that they could pull this off. :P

post-4258-0-10177800-1367631526_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 18

(edited)

I love this picture of Shining Armor and Cadence!!!!!  This was such an awesome scene in the Canterlot wedding, probably my favorite!!!

2wquc5y_th.jpg

Edited by Applejack25
  • Brohoof 8

ponypotion2.jpg

"Did you say a `love potion'?!"

They could've stopped Twilight in her tracks by zooming light-speed style in front of her, per the usual cartoon norm. But that wouldn't be quite dramatic enough for the CMCs, so they end up underneath her legs instead. It's one of the "let's take this comic device and step it up one extra half-notch" moments that acts as extra polish to the entire series. Also, I like the use of shadow here, and the different stages of "this is awesome news" depicted by the three.  

• Brohoof 15

4lirl3.png

DAT FAEC!

This is one of my favorite faces in the Magical Mystery Cure episode. But there are billion other faces from that episode that could fit here too. :3

• Brohoof 14

flutterno.jpg

"You owe me."

Tough moment for Fluttershy, and it shows perfectly in this still. In the midst of having to deal with probably her greatest fear (dragons) she has Rainbow Dash revealing that she found their butterfly migration experience together "boring." And, to top it off, Rainbow Dash has a point: she does owe her. A little ashamed / hurt / mad / etc. is all part of that expression, specifically the downward-to-the-left glance as she's processing everything before losing it completely. What follows is one of Fluttershy's most violent outbursts of the series when she clobbers Rainbow Dash on her way out the window. 

(And does Rainbow Dash see the traditional cartoon "birdies in a circle" while she's dazed? Nope - butterflies.)

• Brohoof 15

(And does Rainbow Dash see the traditional cartoon "birdies in a circle" while she's dazed? Nope - butterflies.)

Cool, I never noticed that detail smile.png I also love this picture shortly afterward.

post-9686-0-12536100-1367771612_thumb.jpg

As with others, I have too many favorites to list, so I'll just pick a few.

The Babs Seed song has some amazing visuals. I particularly like the silhouettes scene right at the start.

post-9686-0-34281500-1367771707_thumb.jpg

I also love the Show Stoppers song. Sweetie Belle is just too adorable, and that costume is awesome. She may have a future in fashion after all.

post-9686-0-03760800-1367771885_thumb.jpg

Who doesn't love Lickie Pie?

post-9686-0-43041500-1367771839_thumb.jpg

And Fluttershy's hoof biting... so cute, funny, and educational that hooves are basically big fingernails happy.png

post-9686-0-27355900-1367773453_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 10

ive got an absolutely random still that I captured by accident. it is in The Canterlot Wedding Part One episode, and depicts Twilight Sparkle talking to a sandwich, only her facial expression in the still I got makes it look like shes feeling romantic towards said sandwich. xD.

post-14001-0-11092500-1367774746_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 9

Alright, everypony has to agree that Rainbow Dash makes some of the best poses: like this one here:

post-8804-0-03341100-1367784414_thumb.png

But, some of the sad moments in MLP can also provide for a great still moment:

post-8804-0-91029400-1367784480_thumb.png

Seriously! Look at it! It's like you wanna give Twilight Sparkle a big hug right then and there, and just snuggle with her

And yes, some pics can spark a meme idea, like this one: 

post-8804-0-88421900-1367784572_thumb.png

"What's up Pinkie? Too many Applejack Daniels at last night's party?"

Even the most insane of moments deserve a still moment:

post-8804-0-64183700-1367784721_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I can't believe no one's posted these images from Too Many Pinkie Pies yet! It's obvious that the animators had a fun time making her face look as ridiculous as possible.

Pinkie_big_gasp_1_S3E3.png

Pinkie_big_gasp_2_S3E3.png

Pinkie_big_gasp_3_S3E3.png

Pinkie_%27Anything.._fun%27_S3E3.png

Really reminds me of Cheese from Foster's Home for imaginary friends. :P

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 20

ive got an absolutely random still that I captured by accident. it is in The Canterlot Wedding Part One episode, and depicts Twilight Sparkle talking to a sandwich, only her facial expression in the still I got makes it look like shes feeling romantic towards said sandwich. xD.

If you want better quality you can just take a screenshot from the episode off of youtube, friend. Just so next time you have a picture without the.. everything you have there.

• Brohoof 1

gabby.jpg

"Et tu, `Gabby Gums'?!"

Fantasia, or What's Opera, Doc, or maybe Ren and Stimpy...it's a great throwback reference to cartoons of yesteryear. And it's especially neat that it's applied to Rarity, of all the ponies - "Angry Rarity" is awesome. The only thing missing from this shadow is lightning and a thunderclap. 

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

C'mon, guys, we haven't used this yet?

DXUA2sz.png

Just in case there was anybody who didn't soil themselves during the earlier scene.

Also, every out of context moment from this scene...

img-1437510-2-vlcsnap-2012-12-30-02h35m5
THEY HAD TO HAVE KNOWN.

img-1437510-3-vlcsnap-2012-12-30-02h53m3

and this.

img-1437510-4-vector_of_rarity_and_spike

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 6