Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

Was the picture you posted REALLY necessary man? I really don't think erotica was needed... at all.

I often prefer to use images as a way of explaining my point since I'm not a good verbal explainer, and she's fully clothed, so I don't see the issue.

I often prefer to use images as a way of explaining my point since I'm not a good verbal explainer, and she's fully clothed, so I don't see the issue.

Actually, I don't remember making the post. I'm VERY tired right now, and my mind is weird when I am tired.

(edited)

I aint a furry, but as long as the fandom doesn't affect me (which it doesn't), then I don't care at all. Whatever floats your boat.

Also one of the most common tools that haters use is generalisation. "Some furries like to yiff? HURR DURR THEY MUST ALL DO IT"

Edited by Aigaion

Dunno if this has all been mentioned before, but... Being a furry... I'll tell you.

YIFFERS: Yiffers are the cloppers of furry society- sorta. Yiffy furries will dress up in fursuits and do explicit things with one another. Unfortunately, this is the only side of the fandom that most of the media looks for. Journalist will infiltrate Furcons just to try and find these people being dirty because it's a good story. But this is NOT the case. While there are furries who love sex with furries, there are also furries who are decent folk, and furries who don't want people to know who they really are. Just like bronies. Yiffers and cloppers are the extreme sexual deviants of both fandoms.

Thought I'd try and shed some light, I guess. I'm just sick of all the Furry hate from butthurt people. I've heard it for almost ten years, and it does get sickening.

• Brohoof 1

Dunno if this has all been mentioned before, but... Being a furry... I'll tell you.

YIFFERS: Yiffers are the cloppers of furry society- sorta. Yiffy furries will dress up in fursuits and do explicit things with one another. Unfortunately, this is the only side of the fandom that most of the media looks for. Journalist will infiltrate Furcons just to try and find these ponies being dirty because it's a good story. But this is NOT the case. While there are furries who love sex with furries, there are also furries who are decent folk, and furries who don't want ponies to know who they really are. Just like bronies. Yiffers and cloppers are the extreme sexual deviants of both fandoms.

Thought I'd try and shed some light, I guess. I'm just sick of all the Furry hate from flankhurt ponies. I've heard it for almost ten years, and it does get sickening.

Holy crap, it has been going on for ten whole years? That is far longer than I would have thought...

(edited)

Not all people who get off to anthros want to put on a fursuit and have an orgy with other people in fursuits, just wanna point that out. In all my years I don't think there's ever been a point where I've had a raging desire to bang an anthro, because despite me finding them attractive, normal human beings are more appealing, and are actually real.

Edited by Pegasus25

Holy crap, it has been going on for ten whole years? That is far longer than I would have thought...

Oh, it's been going on for a lot longer. Trust me, I know. I did a 12 page research paper on furries and the furry culture.

I also know people get off to anthros without being fursuiters.

(edited)

The same reason some people hate bronies, they are a deviant subculture. People tend to shun anything that differs too far from the norm of society and reject things they don't understand, human nature i guess

Edited by thesteampunkninja

Oh, it's been going on for a lot longer. Trust me, I know. I did a 12 page research paper on furries and the furry culture.

I also know ponies get off to anthros without being fursuiters.

Wow, you wrote 12 pages on the subject?

Oy, I'm getting the feeling this is far more complicated then I thought.

Furries are hated for the same reasons bronies are. Because it's "different" and haters only choose to see the negative side of the fandom. I'm tired of all the hate. There are "deviants" for every fandom, not just the furry fandom. And honestly, people have the right to do whatever they please behind closed doors as far as i'm concerned (so long as it isn't hurting anyone).

I suppose I would be classified as a furry. I enjoy the artwork, music, ect, that the fandom has to offer. Just like MLP.

Furries are awesome in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I originally didn't want to comment on this thread, but I thought I might share my opinions!

First off, let me say: with my beliefs, it is natural for me to think that something such as this is wrong, from a moral standpoint mainly. However, let me make it clear: the act or attraction itself might be socially rejected, but the person who commits said act should't be hated upon. Love the person, but hate the act. So now, with that out of the way, I'll explain further. I will offer my point of view from the ground traffic (if you will), and then a point of view that looks at the broader picture (the traffic helicopter).

The ground view: my view begins with my Christian faith. It is morally and spiritually accepted and practiced to hold the acts of sexual behavior, lust, and attraction to a conservative and healthy limit by abstaining from sexual acts until marriage. Why? It's an act of faithfulness toward God, and future spouse. It also teaches discipline, helps one to focus on what really matters in a relationship initially, and shows both God and future soul mate that you have values, morals, and standards set for a good cause, regardless of what society says. I could go on, but that's the very basics! Now, this is not to say temptation won't set it. And it does. Even if one lust after another in their heart, it's just as much of a sin. Additionally, any sexual act or attraction (including what's being discussed in this thread) that deviates from the original plan of one man and one women is not viewed favorably. In fact, it's wrong BASED upon the original standards.

Now what did I just do there? I explained myself the basics of what I believe and why I believe them. Unfortunately, many folks won't want to hear that explanation, instead, I get called a conservative wacko, a non-conforming Christian, or one that has not awakened in modern times. They don't bother to hear the explanation, they just hear "Christian" and "Virgin" and automatically assume I follow a set of strict guidelines and rules. In reality, I choose to live that way out of faith, testimony, to further my spiritual relationship, and find the right person someday.

The Helicopter view: Although I don't agree with idea that a lot of folks may be sexually attracted to animals, or personified animals/characters if you will, there is always a reason why. Too many times, society fails to listen and they want to jump right onto the hate bandwagon. So, I would one day like to hear why some are attracted to characters (more than platonic). Perhaps it's because of physiological reasons, overwhelming feelings of loneliness (therefore the fantasy relationship fills voids), constant rejection from the opposite sex and the like, etc. etc. etc, OR, it's just normal people who find it attractive. I don't understand it personally, but it does not give me the right to point and say "I SHUN YOU FOR BEING DIFFERENT". Again, I don't understand it and I think its rather odd...but, there is a reason behind everything. The key is to be more open and understanding. You don't have to be accepting. I think folks fear attack on their own beliefs, so they attack others.

The reality is, we can all be understanding and accepting of ones beliefs, especially if we are willing to listen. It doesn't mean you have to conform to someone else's behavior. Just listen! (So long as it does not hurt anyone in any way, or cause potential harm)

I hope I provided some insight. As a last note, "deviant" is sometimes looked at more negatively than the actual definition. The definition is "departing from the norm", example: sexual deviant or social deviant. Instead of giving a label to everyone, lets understand why they are the way they are. Makes for a better world IMO.

I have more to say, but for now, I will leave it at that :)

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I originally didn't want to comment on this thread, but I thought I might share my opinions!

First off, let me say: with my beliefs, it is natural for me to think that something such as this is wrong, from a moral standpoint mainly. However, let me make it clear: the act or attraction itself might be socially rejected, but the person who commits said act should't be hated upon. Love the person, but hate the act. So now, with that out of the way, I'll explain further. I will offer my point of view from the ground traffic (if you will), and then a point of view that looks at the broader picture (the traffic helicopter).

The ground view: my view begins with my Christian faith. It is morally and spiritually accepted and practiced to hold the acts of sexual behavior, lust, and attraction to a conservative and healthy limit by abstaining from sexual acts until marriage. Why? It's an act of faithfulness toward God, and future spouse. It also teaches discipline, helps one to focus on what really matters in a relationship initially, and shows both God and future soul mate that you have values, morals, and standards set for a good cause, regardless of what society says. I could go on, but that's the very basics! Now, this is not to say temptation won't set it. And it does. Even if one lust after another in their heart, it's just as much of a sin. Additionally, any sexual act or attraction (including what's being discussed in this thread) that deviates from the original plan of one man and one women is not viewed favorably. In fact, it's wrong BASED upon the original standards.

Now what did I just do there? I explained myself the basics of what I believe and why I believe them. Unfortunately, many folks won't want to hear that explanation, instead, I get called a conservative wacko, a non-conforming Christian, or one that has not awakened in modern times. They don't bother to hear the explanation, they just hear "Christian" and "Virgin" and automatically assume I follow a set of strict guidelines and rules. In reality, I choose to live that way out of faith, testimony, to further my spiritual relationship, and find the right person someday.

The Helicopter view: Although I don't agree with idea that a lot of folks may be sexually attracted to animals, or personified animals/characters if you will, there is always a reason why. Too many times, society fails to listen and they want to jump right onto the hate bandwagon. So, I would one day like to hear why some are attracted to characters (more than platonic). Perhaps it's because of physiological reasons, overwhelming feelings of loneliness (therefore the fantasy relationship fills voids), constant rejection from the opposite sex and the like, etc. etc. etc, OR, it's just normal people who find it attractive. I don't understand it personally, but it does not give me the right to point and say "I SHUN YOU FOR BEING DIFFERENT". Again, I don't understand it and I think its rather odd...but, there is a reason behind everything. The key is to be more open and understanding. You don't have to be accepting. I think folks fear attack on their own beliefs, so they attack others.

The reality is, we can all be understanding and accepting of ones beliefs, especially if we are willing to listen. It doesn't mean you have to conform to someone else's behavior. Just listen! (So long as it does not hurt anyone in any way, or cause potential harm)

I hope I provided some insight. As a last note, "deviant" is sometimes looked at more negatively than the actual definition. The definition is "departing from the norm", example: sexual deviant or social deviant. Instead of giving a label to everyone, lets understand why they are the way they are. Makes for a better world IMO.

I have more to say, but for now, I will leave it at that :)

So you're saying that a homossexual couple is wrong? It was the only thing I got from that post, but let's not get off topic, the reason I'm platonicly attracted to the humanized characters? I'm not but I still think it's wrong to assume there has to be a reason to not like "A woman" that according to you is the only natural reaction

Well I'll tell you something, I like the art, I drew some myself (it was horrible, but I still did) and I can tell you, I wasn't trying to be sexual, I was just trying to make a cartoon

But I realise that's not the case with the majority of people, has there to be a reason to be different than the norm? Has it?

Third time I edit it for erros, dang

Edited by Ghastchip

i honestly don't know what's up with it. one of my friends is a furry, and i still don't get the whole thing. i guess i'm kind of neutral.

Often the more or less unbiased information comes from the neutral. Gives a sense of objectivity, y'know?

• Brohoof 1

So you're saying that a homossexual couple are wrong? It was the only thing I got from that post, but let's not get off topic, the reason I'm platonicly attracted to the humanized characters? I'm not but I still think it's wrong to assume there has to be a reason to not like "A woman" that according to you is the only natural reaction

Well I'll tell you something, I like the art, I drew some myself (it was horrible, but I still did) and I can tell you, I wasn't trying to be sexual, I was just trying to make a cartoon

But I realise that's not the case with the majority of people, has there to be a reason to be different than the norm? Has it?

Apologies, I am somewhat confused at what you are saying here. But platonic attraction is attraction purely based on an innocent liking toward something. In other words, not sensual. I do not want to get off topic. No where did I state that a homosexual couple is wrong. I simply stated "one man one women" as the conservative viewpoint.

I stated that if any such attraction exists, there are sometimes reasons for it, but sometimes normal as well. But I used the term "normal" here based upon society's view of normality. I should have clarified. "Has there to be a reason to be different from the norm"? If what you are saying is, does there need to be a reason from someone to be different? No! We just need to be more understanding of one another. Besides, normality is all based upon perception. Whats normal to you, may not be to me, and whats normal to me, may not be normal to someone else etc. etc.

Apologies, I am somewhat confused at what you are saying here. But platonic attraction is attraction purely based on an innocent liking toward something. In other words, not sensual. I do not want to get off topic. No where did I state that a homosexual couple is wrong. I simply stated "one man one women" as the conservative viewpoint.

I stated that if any such attraction exists, there are sometimes reasons for it, but sometimes normal as well. But I used the term "normal" here based upon society's view of normality. I should have clarified. "Has there to be a reason to be different from the norm"? If what you are saying is, does there need to be a reason from someone to be different? No! We just need to be more understanding of one another. Besides, normality is all based upon perception. Whats normal to you, may not be to me, and whats normal to me, may not be normal to someone else etc. etc.

Oh, thank you for your objectivity, I was a little bit dramatic, in defending the community, I guess that what you're saying does make sense, no matter what, we should just accept our peers and live our lives

Thank you

(edited)

Ignorant opposition is the "protective wall" of the general public. When society is presented with something arcane, and people fail to understand it, they opt to deny any chance of it becoming a social norm and cast it in a negative light because it isn't "normal" or "correct". It's the timeless concept of Different-Must-Die.

It's this mentality that makes subcultures what they are. To the closed-minded gears of the machine called "Normality", Furries aren't people; they're furries. Bronies aren't people; they're bronies. It's mankind's way of keeping things safely predictable.

Edited by Fire_Fly

(edited)

The Helicopter view: Although I don't agree with idea that a lot of folks may be sexually attracted to animals, or personified animals/characters if you will, there is always a reason why. Too many times, society fails to listen and they want to jump right onto the hate bandwagon. So, I would one day like to hear why some are attracted to characters (more than platonic). Perhaps it's because of physiological reasons, overwhelming feelings of loneliness (therefore the fantasy relationship fills voids), constant rejection from the opposite sex and the like, etc. etc. etc, OR, it's just normal people who find it attractive.

*shrugs* you can't control what you find sexually attractive. I can't give any reason other than that I just do. I didn't suffer physcological trauma at one point that made me find anthros sexy, I just do, because they heavily resemble a human being, so I guess my brain just doesn't see enough of a difference between an sexualized anthro woman and a sexualized human woman. They mimick the human form, having all the sexually attractive parts of a human being, so why would I not be attracted to it? On the other hand, it also has to do with the very traits of an animal being added to the human form, something about that wierdly appeals to me.

Edited by Pegasus25

Because yiff. There's always that one group of people that ruins the fun for everyone else.

I love cartoons and animals, and therefore I do like cartoon animals, and I do have a "fursona", but I don't strongly identify with the community. I guess I'm technically a furry, but I have unfortunately seen fetish-y stuff on fur websites and I'm reluctant to join.

I don't hate furries, but they're infamous among people and the community seriously needs to work to change that.

We've all heard it before, From the Furries: 'Bronies are technically furries as the characters of MLP: FiM are anthropomorphic' AND from the Bronies: ' Bronies are nothing like furries, all they're interested in is R34 and being annoying'.

My views however: Aren't we all basically Furries, I mean, yeah, anthro's an' all. Yep, Furry. Not Yiffy or anything like that though.....Gah!'

I'm a converted furry. About 30/70 Furry to Brony.

I'd like to see if any other converts have any views, similar or otherwise, on this topic.

I did a bad job of explaining my views there, give me some time and I'll write them out properley, Time, however, is one thing I don't have currently. Between Homework, Fic writing (And reading:) and Holiday-Chillaxing. I'm more or less full-tabled.

Whatever I said.....Just, views....Write them....I need to know by the end of the holidays, I have a long-term disagreement to settle who is in denial of the FurryDom being anything near the BronyDom.

Thanks in advance.

-Joe-

(Phew...)

i dont think so, bronies and furries are not the same thing

as i understand it, furries are people who see them selfs as animals, bronies are people who like the cartoon show My Little Pony, and while some furries may be bronies, i dont see them as the same thing

• Brohoof 7

I'd be pretty hesitant about labeling bronies as a subcategory of furry. Whereas furries celebrate the concept of anthropomorphic animals, bronies first and foremost are fans of the television show MLP FiM. Just because the characters chance to be ponies doesn't automatically make them furries. The entire point of the brony fandom is to celebrate and follow a television show, rather than anthropomorphic animals which the main characters of said show just so happen to be.

• Brohoof 10