Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What technology would you want to see in the show

TheMarkz0ne

The writers pretty much can put in whatever they want. 

I want to see these

Electric chairs, for executions, you never know Celestia has probably put some ponies to death for defiance 

Video Game Systems, Even though I don;t know how they can play without fingers 

TVs and some video format, whether it be DVD or blu ray knock off to avoid being sued 

Robots, In MAGIC.MOV there was robots 

On the video games part, just rewatch "Hearts and Hooves Day". Near the beginning of "The Perfect Stallion", there are three foals playing video games during the song.

And Electric chairs wouldn't fit, because it seems like Celestia and Luna relied more on the powers of the Elements of Harmony to vanquish villains.

As for what technology I would like to see, clockwork ponies or clockwork creatures would be pretty cool, although I don't think they would fit into their world as well as other things.

Space exploration would be splendid. Not that it really fits the pseudo-Victorian tech the rest of the show seems to have, but it'd be cool. Perhaps magic can cover the gap. I can think of tons of puns and references that could be used as pony names...

I'd want computers! Or atleast video games, I'd need one of those to be in a pony world anyways probably :P, otherwise I'd get bored.

Plus it'd be cool to know whether they have this technology.

It is time for the ponys to play xbox, or pbox, some knock of the xbox to avoid copyrights and stuff, but what if the ponys did have anxbox fim and flam came back with a new invention, the pbox, the video game console. It could make fluttershy all obsessed with the games. I could see it now "Dear princess Celestia, I learned an important lesson about friendship, its alright to play games every once in a while, but all the time. When your risking your friends, the best thing to do would to put down the remote and just go and have fun with them. Besides, its just a game right? ....RIGHT?"

post-15599-0-94952700-1368251715.jpeg

I would definitely like a gaming console to be added into the series.

I can already see Pinkie Pie and Princess Luna playing together on the console.... xD (Gamer Luna is best Luna!)

As for the Electric Chairs....

No fucking way, this is a children's show.

The robots idea is kinda cool....I guess. 

• Brohoof 1

To be fair guys, as I mentioned, they pretty much have video games in the form of arcade games, although I guess those aren't portable home consoles as we know and love them. Oh well, I do want a Pbox so that all the ponies can play Mares of War and DiamondDogCraft together!

Another thing I'd like to see is radios so that Twilight and her friends can shake their groove thangs to music from all across Equestria. Heck, Celestia can even have some fireside chats with her constituents!

• Brohoof 1

Vehicles. :) Probably not as much for personal use as for transportation. But then I'd be able to usefully contribute something to Equestrian society. Then that'd automatically mean computers too.

Putting executions and electric chairs into the show? No way! But planes and other vehicles would be cool. Computers as well. I can already imagine Twilight ditching Spike and using email instead. Lol jokes I can't imagine that,

•Radios

•Television sets (they had a tv news programming in the comics)

•Clockwork ponies (or a clockworks city, that would be cool. It can happen, an ancient city that lost its technology long ago isn't a far fetched idea).

•A video camera (that had a movie theatre)

Maybe I'll come back later for more

My guess computer or printers maybe? ... I mean it would solve the mystery why Celestia isn't getting her letters anymore. As for AJ writing the letter in Apple Family Reunion, maybe they don't like computers much like most folk today.

I'd like to see just about anything, so long as it keeps a pseudo-steam-punk motif. I see the series as something that needs to stay in the past as much as possible, if that makes sense. I see it as taking place in the late 1800s seeing as there's locomotives.

I could also see more tech that's powered by magic, seeing as it's abundant in the universe. :P

I don't think I'd like to see technology in the show. It just seems kinda unbefitting. I like how they do things the old school way, like writing friendship letters. It'd be pretty lame if Twilight sent her letters via email. I can see technology being used in Equestria Girls though, since that seems like it's going to take place in a more modern time.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I'd like to see technology in the show. It just seems kinda unbefitting. I like how they do things the old school way, like writing friendship letters. It'd be pretty lame if Twilight sent her letters via email. I can see technology being used in Equestria Girls though, since that seems like it's going to take place in a more modern time.

So do you have a problem with the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000? Or the Friendship Express Train? Or Scootaloo's Scooter? Or do you believe those DO fit into My Little Pony pretty good?

All of those count as technology... In fact, technology doesn't just include electronics, so this question is actually much broader than at first glance.

I want to see some more forms of transportation. We've got trains already, so that means that the pony race obviously isn't far behind automobiles, which brings up the subject of the floats in One Bad Apple, how they moved like a basic car and such.

So do you have a problem with the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000? Or the Friendship Express Train? Or Scootaloo's Scooter? Or do you believe those DO fit into My Little Pony pretty good?

All of those count as technology... In fact, technology doesn't just include electronics, so this question is actually much broader than at first glance.

I don't have a problem with any of those you listed. I meant more along the lines of smartphones, computers, video games, cars, etc. Although the ponies use vehicles that are still deemed as technology such as Twilight's hot air balloon and the Friendship Express Train, I see them as more archaic forms of technology, which is more acceptable and befitting of the show imo. Sorry for being a little bit unclear.

I would want to see a game console, probably a Xbox 360 to show Luna's gamer side when Celestia isn't around. It would probably be the funniest thing I've ever seen in a cartoon.

193252__safe_princess-luna_princess-cele

I like to imagine that Ponyville is very...traditional, being founded by Earth Ponies and all, so they don't have much tech. But if we ever go to Manehattan which by all logic we should at SOME point, the tech level should be either modern or 80s-90s. Specifically, I'd like TVs, Video Games, and maybe some Automobiles.

• 7 years later...

It would have been nice to see the issue of assitive technology explored with Scootaloo (as so many people in real life use various technology to compensate for various disabilities, doing what the y want to do with their lives when they otherwise couldn't). Plenty of thrust, not enough lift? The solution should be painfully obvious to anyone with a shred of scientific literacy.

Though that's not exactly new technology so much as an overlooked use for technology already established to exist in-universe (such as Apple Bloom's hang glider in "Call of the Cutie").

2 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

It would have been nice to see the issue of assitive technology explored with Scootaloo (as so many people in real life use various technology to compensate for various disabilities, doing what the y want to do with their lives when they otherwise couldn't). Plenty of thrust, not enough lift? The solution should be painfully obvious to anyone with a shred of scientific literacy.

Though that's not exactly new technology so much as an overlooked use for technology already established to exist in-universe (such as Apple Bloom's hang glider in "Call of the Cutie").

Yup. there is even one of the mlp comics that recounts the tale of "windsock" - the only Earth pony ever to fly with the wonderbolts.001.thumb.jpeg.4aa9d7b91368e9b1fd64063c76491cae.jpeg

1 hour ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

Yup. there is even one of the mlp comics that recounts the tale of "windsock" - the only Earth pony ever to fly with the wonderbolts.

I read that. The way it was set up (in particular, referencing Scootaloo's condition when it didn't affect the immediate plot) kind of seemed like they were subtly saying "We would LOVE to have Scootaloo partake of the painfully obvious solution for making her dreams come true, but we still have to answer to the idiot execs who aren't comfortable with establishing her as having an actual disability.". We'll see what happens now that the comic is free to do whatever (Her next turn in the spotlight is supposed to focus on her family, so we'll probably have to wait for the next Scootaloo-centric issue after that).

Though either way, Wind Sock's glider would probably be more practical than an off-the-shelf hang glider. She doesn't need that much extra lift - too big a wing and she'll end up with excessive drag slowing her down.

Edited by HedonismBot

23 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

I read that. The way it was set up (in particular, referencing Scootaloo's condition when it didn't affect the immediate plot) kind of seemed like they were subtly saying "We would LOVE to have Scootaloo partake of the painfully obvious solution for making her dreams come true, but we still have to answer to the idiot execs who aren't comfortable with establishing her as having an actual disability.". We'll see what happens now that the comic is free to do whatever (Her next turn in the spotlight is supposed to focus on her family, so we'll probably have to wait for the next Scootaloo-centric issue after that).

Though either way, Wind Sock's glider would probably be more practical than an off-the-shelf hang glider. She doesn't need that much extra lift - too big a wing and she'll end up with excessive drag slowing her down.

Indeed,but I don't think it is Scoots' destiny to become a wonderbolt - not because she couldn't, but because I think that THAT was only her dream because it was Dashie's dream.  I think instead it is the destiny of the CMC to, as a team, step up to a great challenge in the future, where a current team of Element bearers have tried and failed; possibly in Seaquestria, where Scoots' flight disability isn't a factor.

13 minutes ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

Indeed,but I don't think it is Scoots' destiny to become a wonderbolt - not because she couldn't, but because I think that THAT was only her dream because it was Dashie's dream.  I think instead it is the destiny of the CMC to, as a team, step up to a great challenge in the future, where a current team of Element bearers have tried and failed; possibly in Seaquestria, where Scoots' flight disability isn't a factor.

Not necessarily the Wonderbolts specifically, but just getting the experience of flight that she had been yearning for (even if she were to do something else altogether) Funny you should mention Seaquestria - during that part of "Surf and/or Turf", she was like "This is what it must be like to fly", and it accounted for a large part of her bias towards Seaquestria over Mount Aris. In essence, her desire to fly was so strong that it was interfering with her CMC duties towards Terramar. Which is why it was so tragic that the idea of assistive tech was never explored.

Though the idea of her becoming the Wonderbolt equivalent of Joe from Family guy certainly sounds like something worthy of exploration, in fanfic if nothing else.

Edited by HedonismBot