Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Littlest Pet Shop (TV Show)

BeatrixBow

I've tried it, but I can't get into it. Maybe it's the songs, not a fan of them; catchy, but too poppy for me. I think the panda is absolutely adorable, though, and the mongoose. XD

I've been a fan of littlest pet shop for years, so of course I'm gonna love the show :D

There was a lot of drama among LPS fans about the show, because they didn't like the new designs; and thougt it was going to be trash.

But in my personal opinion it turned out better than I expected! I love the humor, the songs and the pets.

I think it would of been better of without humans, but it's still good.

As for if it's better than MLP....even I have to say not exactly, but I do think its more funny.

I also like the little fandom it has.

Not big, not much, but good enough!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've tried it, but I can't get into it. Maybe it's the songs, not a fan of them; catchy, but too poppy for me.

Don't like the songs, eh?  The way they introduced the pets with a song was one of the things I first liked about the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOfsDbDSrBE

That song got stuck in my head for a while.  It is funny the way Blythe backs away as the pets approach her.

I also like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97FBJjMrh9M

Edited by Shawn Parks

Not really. It's not my cup of tea, and I don't like the design. Their eyes are a little too creepy and the human's heads are way too big. Also, the animation looks like it had too little effort and the colors are a little too bright for me... sleep.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not really. It's not my cup of tea, and I don't like the design. Their eyes are a little too creepy and the human's heads are way too big. Also, the animation looks like it had too little effort and the colors are a little too bright for me... img-1633913-1-sleep.png

I enjoy the bright colors.  And I like the general designs of the characters, with the exception of the head sizes.  Some of them are just too big for my taste.  It was pretty funny when they had a joke about Blythe's head size in an episode.

Edited by Shawn Parks
  • Brohoof 3

I watched like one episode, it's all right, it's not something I'm interested in investing my time into, I've got enough TV shows to follow :P

• Brohoof 1

I. HATE. COBRAS.

It's no MLP, but it doesn't have to be. It's still got some loveable characters, which for me is Sunil and Penny Ling. It's got some incredibly catchy songs (thanks Daniel), it it still has some charm that both parents and kids would enjoy.

I've yet to see the last three eps of the first season. T_T

Another song that I liked was the one that parodies both Indian Musicals and self-important Hollywood celebrities.

Not to nitpick but 'parody' implies that Ingram was actively trying to make fun of Bollywood. I think you mean homage. Cuz that said you can tell that Ingram is having fun with these songs because he gets to do his own take on all these genres LPS explores.

-

I've watched all of the new LPS and I really enjoyed it and I hope it continues beyond season 2.

Hoever I don't blame a bronys misconception that it is trying to pander to bronies based on the first episode, because honestly the first episode does let it down in comparison to MLPs:

The FiM first episode was unique in that it had the audience meet these new characters on their own terms; as the wat hers we are not told who they are, we are instead shown them and it is up toourselves.

For example, at no point does spike or twilight say "OH YOU MUST BE THE SPORTY TYPE" to rainbow dash nor do they say "HEY RARITY YOU ARE. fASHIONISTA BUT YOu ARE NICE". Atleast its not until the end of episode 2 that it does this but by then we know the characters enough.

LPS on the other hand flatout TELLS the viewers the characters and their personalities through a quick and honestly substandard song, not very clever.

This is important because Rarity's agenda would automatically be given to an antagonist in most children shows yet in MLPnshe is a hero and we discover this through her actions and not through characters saying "SHE IS THE GENEROUS ONE"

Otherwise, LPS picks up and becomes unique after its pilot. LPS has way more ambitious songs than FiM, having many different genres like Techno, Jersy boy, Bollywood etc.

Also, My Small Squrriel

Ah yes, I quite like this show., if you couldn't tell. :P I do enjoy it more than the latest season of MLP. 

I also run a blog on Tumblr (lpsgifs.tumblr.com) for those interested.

Honestly I dont dislike Littlest Pet Shop, I like it, but not as much as MLP. HOWEVER! I sometimes think they are trying too hard to get the bronies to like it as much as MLP
Zoe is voiced by the same actress as celestia, and looks like twilight

Pepper is voiced by the same actress as rarity and Luna and tries to make everyone laugh just like a certain pink pony

Minka is a bit similar tp the same pink pony

Sunil is similar to fluttershy in timidness

russell is similar to twilight in keeping everything in order

• Brohoof 1

I got to see it at the same time season 3 of MLP premiered.

I gotta say I wasn't expecting much, but after the premiere, I said it was generally ok.

After watching more characters, I enjoy the characters, the pets are memorable and adorable, mainly Zoe, Pepper, and Russel.

Overall, it's not as great as MLP, but it's an enjoyable show ok for everyone! 

Not to nitpick but 'parody' implies that Ingram was actively trying to make fun of Bollywood. I think you mean homage.

Okay.

I thought that the episode where they parodied "Toddlers and Tiaras" was pretty hilarious.  I liked how Blythe got a Southern accent when she started to become more like a Pageant Mom.  Her voice got less Rainbow Dashish and more Applejackity. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly I dont dislike Littlest Pet Shop, I like it, but not as much as MLP. HOWEVER! I sometimes think they are trying too hard to get the bronies to like it as much as MLP

Zoe is voiced by the same actress as celestia, and looks like twilight

Pepper is voiced by the same actress as rarity and Luna and tries to make everyone laugh just like a certain pink pony

Minka is a bit similar tp the same pink pony

Sunil is similar to fluttershy in timidness

russell is similar to twilight in keeping everything in order

I'm by no means a fanboi and I can understand the typical individual believing that LPS is trying to grab bronies due to the pilot, but certainly NOT for the reasons you stated which to be frank are farfetched beyond belief.

I mean, you like the MLP peeps so do you literally believe they're stupid and that they think that bronies are even more stupid?

I'm fairly certain that they have similar voice actors and staff cuz..oh I dunno...maybe only ciz its the SAME studio (doi!)

And then the same studio using the same people to voice certain characters? Gee, its almost as if these people have jobs in voixe actin or something!

Its incredibly silly to een attempt to compare chaacters between the two shows and attempts to do so shout that you havent watched one or the other. The twilight hair thing is also baseless because that would be like sayinf Blizzard having a single bad**** jamaican character means they're pandering to their fans; ts just a quirk that obviously one animator likes to put on their characters.

I mean, sunil based on fluttershy? how? cuz he cowared at one poit? Then pinkie pie is anripoff of the ice king.

And by that logic Twilight is a clear ripoff of Benson from regular show so friendship is magic is CLEARlY catering to regular show fans

This might seem catty and I'm not shameful white knight but those comments are essentially saying te studio has no skill yet liking their product anyway. One or the other you cant have it both ways.

Edited by Doughnut
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yep, I like this show. I started watching sometime before Season 4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic started, and thought it was actually pretty good. The humor is very good, as well as the music, and the characters. The only thing the show is really lacking in are the plotlines, but it's forgivable.

I don't think it's better than My Little Pony, but it's pretty close.

Also, it has Pepper Clark, who is best pet.

Littlest Per Shop is a pretty good. Well not as god as FIM, it's still go plenty of stuff to like about it. Daniel Ingram also writes songs for this show and several writers and voice actors from FIM work on this show. The only thing I really don't like about it is the character design. The humans' heads are shaped weirdly. The pets look fine but it's just the humans. Oh and before you ask, Russel is my favorite pet.

I love The Littlest Pet Shop, of course it's not My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, but it's not trying to be, LPS has its own separate identity and is a fun stand alone show. Now this is the second generation of Littlest Pet Shop, the first was released in 1995 and had forty episodes, I was eight then nine years old at the time, and attending third grade so I remember that show quite fondly, so in the spirit of the first generation this show is worthy successor, it is just as active, fun, and full of imagination, and for a second generation of a show, that is very impressive. My favourite characters are Zoey Trent and Russell Ferguson, I think Nicole Oliver does a great job voicing Zoey, by the way Nicole provides the voice for Princess Celestia, Cheerilee, and Mayor Mare, she is like the Rarity of the group, with a flare for the dramatic, and she loves the limelight, and Russell is like Twilight Sparkle, he is the de facto leader of the pets, he is smart, likes to plan and is prone to stress, which is why I see some bronies compare LPS with MLP, it uses some of the voice actors, is animated by DHX, and has similar plots, nevertheless this show is different, it is a joy to watch, I like the songs, and it is entertaining to see the point of view from the pets, Blythe Baxter is also a fine character, she is definitely the kind of character Ashleigh Ball would voice, she is like Applejack and Rainbow Dash, spunky, determined and good humoured, I watch this show as much as I watch Friendship is Magic, so I recommend anyone to see it, check it out and see what you might like, plus unlike FiM, I didn't miss the première of the show, and I still love the pilot episodes.    

• 6 months later...