• Jazz
    • Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

Asking me what my favourite genre is, is like asking me what my favourite band is, you're never going to just get ONE answer, though if I really had to pick one, it would be Electronic, and all sub-genre's that come with it, stated in The above post.

why is there no metal option?

the genres i listen to most frequently are  

dubstep ( broad definition), Meatlcore, melodic Metalcore, meldoic Deathmetal, Powermetal,

rock n' roll, rock, 80's, J pop ( mainly Hatsune Miku), classical & alternative

Edited by HunterScars

*spots yet another music genre thread*

*looks through another limiting and ambiguous poll*

62f.gif

Right, I'm off to listen to some Post Metal, followed by Industrial and maybe some Dark Cabaret. I've been listening to nothing by Baroque as of late, and need to change things up a bit.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 4

I love classic rock and roll (1950's to the end of the 1980's). But I also have always been a huge fan of soundtrack music, and it is what got me into listening to classical music.

This poll is a little limited. I couldn't stick to just one kind of music, I need to have variety. Right now though, my favorite is ambient music, dark ambient especially.

Stuff like this;

Edited by James

normally depends on the mood I'm in...but generally, I love anything melodic/atmospheric...

My top favs are as follows however : Trance, Dubstep, Drum N Bass, Electro, House, Hard House, Hardstyle, Gabber, Speedcore, Ambient, Drone, Minimal, breakcore, Happy Hardcore, Wonky, Melodic Hybrid Rock (Linkin Park stuff etc.) jazz, and of course, classical...

There's probably others I didn't mention that I enjoy...but basically everything EDM and some others lolz...

When it comes down to the end of the day however, if it can make me feel a deep emotion and move me...I don't care the genre...good music is good music...

I don't really have a favorite. I just love music for what it is. I have nothing against any genre because there's always some songs I like. Probably the genres I listen to the least is rap music and country. Even then, there's still some songs I like. I don't like rap mostly because a lot of it has raunchy lyrics. Country is alright, but can also be really boring. The genres I listen to the most is rock, death metal, electronic, soundtracks, instrumental/classical and jazz. The more musically complex, the more likely I'll like a song.

Edited by crazitaco

In order:

• Metal
  • Rock
  • Jazz
  • Classical
  • -Everything else-
  • Pop
  • Rap / Hiphop.

That said, these are pretty general groups and there are exceptions. Intelligent Rap can be amazing: it's just far too rare to find intelligent rap.

Example:

Edited by Cinderscribe

Me absolutely loves soundtrack music. After all, it's like the most vital part to a movie or whatever. Two Steps From Hell is my favorite soundtrack artist.

Now, of course I still have more I listen to. I also prefer classic rock, comedy (like Weird Al), classical, stuff like that. Not much of a pop, R&B, dubstep, scream, rap kind of pony. I found that I love brony music though. So I found some exceptions. Like Micthemicrophone. I hate rap, but something about him I just love. And I love WoodenToaster, and Tombstone. Not so much Alex S. though.

But yeah, that what me likes to hear.

• 4 months later...

i would probably say almost every electronic music sub-genre but my favorite would be ambient because who doesnt like something chill and mystifying 

Hey, shadowbass! There are actually several threads about the same topic, so I've merged them into one. Just a heads up!

As for the poll, I voted Rock, Jazz, and Classical, but I'm not too picky about genres. Whatever catches my interest is fine with me.

Hey, shadowbass! There are actually several threads about the same topic, so I've merged them into one. Just a heads up!

As for the poll, I voted Rock, Jazz, and Classical, but I'm not too picky about genres. Whatever catches my interest is fine with me.

oh.. sweet thanks lol i didnt know that there were other topics of this 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm personally a big fan of the following genres, from most favourite to least:

~1. Drumstep

~2. Drum and Bass

~3. Melodic Dubstep

~4. Dubstep

I listen to just about anything if I think it sounds good, but for the most part I tend to search for the above genres when I go music hunting. ^_^

I voted "OTHER" b/c I have a mix of favorites, however, I want to mention that I tend to like Game Soundtracks, specifically Halo, Mechwarrior, Final Fantasy, COD, etc.  Other favorite genres are Smooth Jazz, Meditation (Soundscapes), 80's (Rock/Soft-Rock, Pop, and Dance).

(edited)

i love alternative  and rock. green day, fall out boy,imagine dragons,simple plan,Linkin Park.  i dont know if coldplay is altenative or not. but i liike 'em pretty decent. same with owl city

rap: meh,eh,feh when im bored

pop :*shrugs*

country: sadly, country has nickleback but i do like Jason Aldean

classical :eh 

folk :never heard of it

jazz:no thoughts

R&B: eh. i only listen to never gonna give you up. if that is R&B. darn memes XD

Punk: never heard a punk song

metal: MEH

Electronic: if dubstep counts, then bangarang

Blues: Eh

Other: i like another type, video game soundtracks. crush 40 changed sonic's games for me. there song's are epic listen to it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJZ5MbJDzU  Im also a big fan of movie songs, such as the misty mountians.

Edited by DoubleRainboom