Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rarity's characterization influence your opinion negatively?

Tenor Clef

What do you think  

231 users have voted

1. 1. what do you think of Rarity

• Awesome pony! love her!
    • She is a great character
    • Yeah she is a good pony
    • Do not care...
    • not a fan
    • Ugh, not that pony
    • Lets discuss a different pony.

In my opinion, Rarity is best mane pony. I can see why people dislike her, but her snobby attitude is just her flaw. Each of the mane six has a flaw. Twilight has a control problem, Rainbow is obsessed with coolness, Fluttershy is... I can't remember what her flaw is, Applejack is too independent most of the time and is paranoid about letting others down way too much, Pinkie has detachment issues, and Rarity is slightly snobby and cares too much about her social reputation. I'm not saying these are bad. They are ways to show that not everyone is perfect and give us something more to relate to. The fact that Rarity shows her bad side so much is probably why people dislike her.

Rarity is superb! My second favorite pony behind Pinkie Pie

She always comes around. She makes dresses for her friends despite how they destroy her in that episode. She thinks it's gaudy and horrific but goes with their wishes to please them. She drops it all and even -gasp- gets dirty in the sisterhooves social just to win Sweetie Belle back. She cuts her own main for the swamp monster.

She's an adorable little marshmallow...hence why she is my number 2

Yeah, my brony/pegasister friends always say she's stuck up but she's 3rd on my list of favorite ponies (2nd if Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie tie). I love how stuck up she is, I actually modeled my OC's personality after her!

I dunno. The list on my profile page needs updating after watching moar episodes. I made that when I wasn't finished watching them all. Rarity isn't the lowest anymore. I think I'm going to remove the list actually, since I like all of the ponies now. :3

I like her just fine but she's probably my least fave personality wise out of the 6. I've never been in to the vanity types as far as characters go.

In my opinion, Rarity is best mane pony. I can see why people dislike her, but her snobby attitude is just her flaw. Each of the mane six has a flaw. Twilight has a control problem, Rainbow is obsessed with coolness, Fluttershy is... I can't remember what her flaw is, Applejack is too independent most of the time and is paranoid about letting others down way too much, Pinkie has detachment issues, and Rarity is slightly snobby and cares too much about her social reputation. I'm not saying these are bad. They are ways to show that not everyone is perfect and give us something more to relate to. The fact that Rarity shows her bad side so much is probably why people dislike her.

lacks self confidence, doormat/unassertive, weak flyer, bad temper. :P
  • Brohoof 1

People get wrong impression when they first see her. On a first impreesion, they think she is a stuck up, arrogant, cry baby. So therefore they judge her. But if that person were to watch more episodes, they see she is different.

• 1 month later...

Okay, we all obviously know Rarity. The stylish unicorn who has the best singing voice in my opinion. But she seems like the most hated of the mane six. I was talking to a Brony on Omegle who despised Rarity. Said she was annoying and unfriendly. Rarity is my favorite unicorn. Why do so many people dislike her? I get that she's dramatic, but I find this adorable. So this is my question: What's with the Rarity hate?

I've noticed a lot of people don't like her. Some even say they hate her. My heart breaks a little every time I see hate in this fandom. Especially on this forum. "Most hated character" polls, for example. They make me sad . . . even in a fandom where we're supposed to be more forgiving and understanding, we still manage to hate what we don't understand. It's the way most non-bronies treat bronies. Ironic, isn't it?

I like all the ponies equally. I've tried really hard to understand Rarity's character, and I feel better now that I have a better understanding of who she is. We still have to learn not to judge a book by its cover. Rarity seems like a snobby preppy drama queen, but there's more to her underneath that. I find that makes her a complex character. A lot of people overlook the fact that she's the element of generosity and that she actually is rather generous, because they focus on how she acts and reacts in various situations.

As I always say, all the ponies have qualities we can relate to and learn from . . .

• Brohoof 4

Well, I don't think she is the more hated. The reason why some people don't like her however, is a bit easier. Rarity is the stereotype of semi-obssessed by fashion and, in some cases has shown to be superficial, and also, to be sometimes very contrary to her element. That is, selfish. Although, Rarity and Applejack are normally the less seen ones in my opinion. At least, less than the rest of the mane 6. Sometimes they choose to bypass the good moments she also had, but eh, you'll find people who hate Pinkie or others for their very specific reasons. t's also the fact that Twilight, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Pinkie all normally attract more attention, when you thnk about it. Also, you're not the only one. Rarity is my fav pony =).

omg who said that, I shall banish them for 1000 years to the moon...or...the dungeons for a week...

Rarity is to me, by far, best pony! best pony!!

Aha i suspected you'd think that! ^^

Just making a reference to your name...

But anyhooooo... I think she is unlikable in the beginning, but in the end, you can only love her as a character

some people say they don't like her because she is so bitchy and a drama queen, think about that for a second, yeah its true, but that is what makes her character unique from all the other ponies, I find it hard to pick a best pony because they are all great in their own unique way. any day I would stand in her boutique and let her measure my neck for a new tie. :P