Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Country Music!

the_jetfighter

22 users have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to country music?

• yes
    • nope
    • what is country?

Lately i can't stop listening to it! i've been raised around country music, and from the looks of it, this specific genre of music doesn't get much love from the pony fandom, so i was just wondering, does anypony else like country music? and if so, what kind of country do you like? i know it is not the most listened to genre, and it does have its list of "people who are untalented but still made loads of money for some reason" but i still think it is very underrated compared to other music! 

i guess i'll just leave you guys with one of my most favorite country songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnPv_1SVh0

• Brohoof 3

I enjoy a little country every now and then, I listen to mainly metal and alternative but my cousin's into country/psychobily stuff.

I'll post a song.

• Brohoof 1

I don't listen to country. I don't even think it's that common here in Europe. That being said, this thread reminded me of something else I saw maybe a week ago :P

Lately i can't stop listening to it! i've been raised around country music, and from the looks of it, this specific genre of music doesn't get much love from the pony fandom, so i was just wondering, does anypony else like country music? and if so, what kind of country do you like? i know it is not the most listened to genre, and it does have its list of "people who are untalented but still made loads of money for some reason" but i still think it is very underrated compared to other music! 

i guess i'll just leave you guys with one of my most favorite country songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnPv_1SVh0

Man I love country, I was born and raised around Country here in the state of Texas.

Country is one of the best genre's in my opinion. I love country with my heart, and it runs in my family too.

My sisters, mom, dad etc.

Here's a song that I loved alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlU77RgEVzA

Called Watch the World End- Trace Adkins

don't listen to country. I don't even think it's that common here in Europe. That being said, this thread reminded me of something else I saw maybe a week ago

Wuuut? Not even Johnny Cash? He made a really good cover of NIN's Hurt.

Damn, I need to get At Folsom Prison sometime soon. I need to give this album a spin as a whole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsuVuw5JO4

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't listen to it very much. But sometimes I do! I really like to listen to country music! They're making me happy whenever I listen to them :P

Some country music is pretty good, but it's one of the genres I don't really listen to a lot. As mentioned above, I think Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is a really good country track.

I really do not like it, sorry. Where I live it's popular and gets played everywhere and on everything. I've never liked the style to which country singers sing, and I've never liked the instrumentation or the way they play the instruments. That isn't to say I dislike every country song I've ever heard, but in general when I hear a country song it almost always fits into one of two categories: Depressing (by which I mean it sounds depressing in a bad way and just makes me feel worse) or flat out annoying.

Oddly enough I do like some bluegrass. But to me it's completely different from country. And I do like a lot of rock that could fit under the category of "Country Rock".

About the closest to what can be called country that I like is:

I don't know if it counts as real country, one of my friends said it did (and was shocked that I actually liked it) but I didn't get a full country impression of it the first time I heard it.

I'm not a big fan of country music. But, I have to admit that some songs can be kind of good when they aren't talking about heart-breaks or getting drunk.

• 1 month later...

How many of you out there like country music?  I remember growing up I hated it, as I get older I enjoy it more and more though.

Edited by AS41

Eh, I'm not really a country fan. It's probably one of my least favorite music genres, BUT....There always seems to be a song I like in ANY genre no matter my opinion about the genre itself. In that case, there isn't a genre I hate.

I actually don't mind it, Probably because I used to hear it lots when I was younger, so it's a part of my childhood I guess you could say. I'll turn on the country radio station in the car sometimes and have a listen.

Country is one of my favorite genres of music. Hank Williams, all three of them, are currently the ones I'm really listening to. I also like Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Johnny Horton and some others. Rockabilly is pretty good too.

• 2 weeks later...

I like country music and I grew up listening to it. Although I don't really like what's now considered country, like Taylor Swift or The Band Perry, which my local station plays all the time.