Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria Girls Worth a Watch?

idonotreallycare

It's very well a worthy of a watch. Since you gave ponies a chance, give Equestria Girls a chance. I'm not going to spoil anything now, though.  ;)

(edited)

Its is really you to decide my dear though I suggest you shouldn't pay with your own allowance to watch it in the cinemas. Watch it in YOUtube for free so you won't have to argue to yourself if you didn't think the movie was worthy enough for expenses.

Edited by ~Carousel♥Boutique~

Yeah, I think it's definitely worth the watch, it ended up being better than I expected (plus the songs are so catchy!!) and the human-style of the mane six grow on you too. 

I think some people have posted it on Youtube (if not, the DVD I think comes out August 6th), so you should really check it out! It's pretty good, and I think it's worth your time. :3

Very, very much so. I've watched it three times now, once by myself, once with Flutterdasher, my friend from down the hall, and then another with two of us, as well as my mom and sister, also into ponies. All three of them loved it, too. This all said, one shouldn't go into it with a stubborn fixation on believing it will suck. Anything can suck if you turn your mind off from being capable of enjoying it. If you have them, kill your preconceived notions with a spork before watching it, or at least tone it down so you won't be immobile.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd say give it a go. It's really not that bad, it's good even. Good fun songs, great animation, the voice acting is top notch as usual, and the plot isn't as bad as you think it is. It's definitely not as "girly" as you'd expect from its plot basis. I'd say it's about as girly as Spongebob. It's a fun kids movie involving our favorite animated ponies in a different package.

Yes it is a good movie that should be watched multiple times.  I loved it.  The comedy is very well done and the animation is great as well.  i say it's definitely worth a watch.

Yes it does.

Far from being the boring, stupidm stereotypical high school flic I thought it was going to be it turned out to be a fun and entertaining piece of fan fiction.

The story is silly at times but fun, the characters some how are close to those in the show, the songs are great and even when I felt the Girls6 had a lot more to offer over all its a nice piece that its WAY BETTER of what you think.

In the end I advice you to watch it and then tell us if we were wrong or right, build your own opinion and the throw it at us.

It wasn't that bad, but it had a few plot holes, and seemed a bit rushed. It's worth watching though, the songs are pretty catchy. You should consider pre-ordering on Amazon, they're doing a 30% off deal or something like that.

Watch it before Season 4 starts since it might be somewhat connected to the show. Maybe you should wait for the DvD version since Blu-Ray's pointless.

I would certainly advise you to watch it! In spite of all the hate it's been getting from some bronies, Equestria Girls is actually a very good film! I saw it a few days ago (on Youtube, as there's no showing's or DVD release in the UK! :( ), and it's got a good story, plenty of references (keep an eye out for the Scootaloo chicken one!) and lots of great humour. It's certainly a film you shouldn't judge before watching it!

• Brohoof 1

Well said DJ! Yeah it's worth watching. This movie is *cute Rainbow Dash face* SO AWESOME!

Great story line, great animation, it's funny, and adorable. (OMG EQG FLUTTERSHY IS SO CUTE <3 )

I love the refs too, I agree with what DJ said. Equestria Girls is best movie! :D

• Brohoof 1

I'd say it is. Personally, I liked it like I like watching Friendship is Magic, except that whatever you tell me, the artstyle is still a pain to my eye, Yes I realise it's basically the same as FiM but the semi-humanized..things they made..

But that's all I dislike about it really. It was worth watching.

Okay guys I haven't watched EG yet!! Crazy right?? Well I wanted to know if it is any good; like should I even bother watching it?? Tell me what y'all think of the movie and kind of tell me what it is about like what adventure they go on or something. :huh:

PLEASEEEE NO SPOILERS!!!

• Brohoof 1

I was able to watch it on Youtube or Dailymotion. Give it a go. It's not bad, but it's not the best either. I say go in there with an open heart because you'll be more likely to enjoy it that way.

• Brohoof 1

Basically, Twilight goes through a mirror that leads to the human world in order to retrieve her crown. I thought it was just okay, but a lot of other bronies seem to love it, so you should check it out.

(edited)

The basic story is that Twilight has to go to another world to get back her crown and high school/magical shenanigans ensue.

I definitely think you should watch it. Personally, I enjoyed every second of it and it was way better than I thought it would be. It was funny, the songs were catchy, and it pretty much delivers almost everything you would expect from a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie.

Edit: Now that someone has posted a link, I'm actually going to watch it again

Edited by AyoMistadurrk