Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the best meal you can cook?

squareyes

(edited)

I'm a guy that absolutely loves to cook and bake.. That's a rare trait in a guy, lol. So I have cooked and baked everything from a plain old cake or a simple bowl of spaghetti up to complex dinners. Not sure what their names are, but you know.. I have cooked a lot of stuff, a lot of it complex when I say complex then it's more then just throwing a hot dog into the pot. It's like steak, sallad and spice and stuff. Just something like that. My best would be Pizza though, I make a lot of stuff. So yeah I have a lot of experience in the kitchen. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Seems like it's such an undervalued skill.

Indeed it is, you could get take out or order Chinese food or pizza but that isn't always the healthiest way to go and can get a bit expensive. I think anyone that can read a recipe can at least learn the basics, I find cooking to therapeutic and a lot of fun. You mentioned breakfast burritos and I have made some homemade ones a few times but it has been a while, they are simple enough to make so I might do that the next time I get a chance. My favorite form of cooking is barbequeing because there usually isn't that much cleanup and is relatively quick and easy so even when I am not much of a cooking mood I can usually muster up enough energy to at least barbeque something real fast. I already talked about the most complicated things I can make but I can't really decide what is the best as I had a bit of unfair advantage of growing up in a family of skilled cooks.

I guess swedish meatballs with tomato sauce is the best that I can make, probably the tastiest stuff I have ever eaten :), or babi pangang with rice. I do love cooking myselfl. I started cooking when I was 10 because my mother was sick and she asked me to cook spaghetti for her, since then I loved cooking and started doing it about 5 days per week.

Whole wheat spaghetti that has been boiled in salt water, then sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, and fresh cut garlic. After that, I put some butter on it, along with cracked pepper, a bit more salt, and some parsley. It's good eatin'.

(edited)

Not to sound arrogant or boastful, but anything really. I am a pretty good cook, and when it comes to making new things, I am very careful to make sure I get ir right. So I follow the instructions by the book; and I also taste it when I add different spices to make sure I didn't add too much. If I do, I try to dull the strong spices by adding another to nullify the strong spices.

But I would say my "best" meal is my home-made lasagna with all local/natural ingredients.

Edited by Hayze

I can cook a whole bunch of stuff, and it's hard to decide on a favorite, but recently I made a new recipe with hollowed out halves of potato filled with three kinds of cheese and bacon bits. I had no idea how to cook a potato before that day, and I learned the hard way.

(edited)

Makes me think.

I could make some nice palacinka!

It's like a "Serbian pancake" which is much thinner and you make a roll or a triangle out of it.

I usually put sugared soured cream in it, and then strawberries and I make some chocolate sauce to cover it or something like that.

I can make some nice pizza if needed.

I think that's pretty much it, since I don't really need to cook much (I'm just 14 yrs old.).

EDIT: I could make a nice apple sorbet, too!

Edited by BronysaurusSRB

The best thing I can make (apart from toast, sandwiches and popcorn) is scrambled eggs. Took me a while to master, but there you go. I did take cooking classes at my old school and still have the recipes, so I might try them out again sometime.

I can make a lot of breakfast things, along as you like fried/scrambled eggs and bacon! 

I'm not a good cook really, although I must admit my spaghetti bolognese has been requests several times by my friends. Other than that I get my brother to do it all for me as he actually wants to be a shef.

Oh and I can cook steak....kinda.

The best I have ever made... a tray of ash and something that's still twitching.....

jokes aside, Best I've ever made:

-Quiche 

-Whisky Syrup Pancakes (Epic Meal Time!)

-Sheppard's pie 

- Fried Rice (I'm Asian so I probably made it better than anyone else here)

I personally think, that my best meal would be pancakes... I make magnificent pancakes... i even make them do a flip in the pan. I like pancakes :)

Other than that: I can turn a freshly fished fish into a (really tasty) meal within 10 minutes.

Thats like one of the only thinks I would say I can make without looking at a recipe at all :P, nothing beats a good pancake when your not really that hungry but need a snack :D!

I can barbeque like a mad mutha. Ribs, chicken, pork, sausage, you name it. Add rice dressing and potato salad and you have the most complex meal I can cook, and the tastiest.

Barbecue is always a great place to start :), I would defiantly come round your place if that's all you could cook (maybe like every day haha I love BBQ food)! I think this is one of the things that makes summer so great for me!

I can make a lot of breakfast things, along as you like fried/scrambled eggs and bacon! 

I'm not a good cook really, although I must admit my spaghetti bolognese has been requests several times by my friends. Other than that I get my brother to do it all for me as he actually wants to be a shef.

Oh and I can cook steak....kinda.

Breakfast is probably my best meal as well, I cook 1/2 fried 1/2 scrambled eggs which is just amazing if you add pepper and a bit of BBQ marinade while frying them :D! The best part is it only takes 2 mins to make, it's just a shame its not that healthy for you or I would have it all the time lol.

(edited)

I make a cheese, jalapeno, pepperoni and ham omelet. I know that doesn't sound that complex, but they are pretty freaking delicious if I do say so myself  :)  

Edited by Gizzbone

You know.. I can cook a meal cereal.. And you have to try my microwavable meals...

Ok but seriously, i don't really cook any actual meals, so idk. I mean I help occasionally, but my brothers the cook of the family mostly.

I do make some deserts, like I bake the cookies(Which are pre made batter...) and I've made like bannan pudding, yeah nothing much, i've made some other small deserts, and maybe a few meals, but well nothing for the family, so nothing big. :P.

• 3 months later...

Anything... been cooking all my life.. just give me a cook book and I'll make it.. and I know it well taste good because everything I make is good.. I know I sound cocky but its the truth... me and Cooking are great friends.

In terms of a proper meal, garlic bread with cheese and scrambled eggs is the best I can craft from scratch. If wings are given to me, I could make some delicious seasoning for it... And make oatmeal muffins for desert! :P

Edited by Celtore

I enjoy cooking and I'm quite good at it, but I don't think any of what I make is especially complicated. I do a lot of soups, and things like egg fried rice. I did used to do some complicated chinese dishes before I was gluten free, but since going gluten free it's actually easier to eat simply :)