Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the best meal you can cook?

squareyes

In other words what's the most complex meal you can make/cook/prepare?

Mine would be an English breakfast (sausage, fried egg, bacon, toast and baked beans) but I can't cook much else. :derp:

• Brohoof 2

Well, *COUGH COUGH* not to brag, but I can cook a lot of things. The best thing I can cook is probably spaghetti or tacos. They're the best in m opinion, that is.

Well, I can make a pretty good three course meal, consisting of:

• Starter: Mushrooms in a creamy garlic and cheese sauce
  • Main: Steak with home made chips (Fries for Americans or whatever.)
  • Dessert: Sticky toffee pudding!

That's my favourite menu to cook!

Well if I ever tried cooking I would probably somehow end up setting the house on fire because I have zero experience with cooking. So I guess my house would be my default answer.

• Brohoof 3

I personally think, that my best meal would be pancakes... I make magnificent pancakes... i even make them do a flip in the pan. I like pancakes :)

Other than that: I can turn a freshly fished fish into a (really tasty) meal within 10 minutes.

I can barbeque like a mad mutha. Ribs, chicken, pork, sausage, you name it. Add rice dressing and potato salad and you have the most complex meal I can cook, and the tastiest.

In my personal experience more complex does not always mean better there are plenty of meals that are relatively easy to cook that can really pack a nice punch. The most complex dishes I can think of that I can make are homemade risotto (Italian rice dish) and a Frutatta (kind of like a breakfast pizza except the crust is potatoes and eggs instead and you could add pizza sauce but I wouldn't reccomend it). With risotto you have to have serious OCD with timing and temperature to get it right which luckily I do have, a Frutatta does not requite quite as much of an approach but you do have to pour the scrambled eggs in just right and after they harden you could either do it the hard way by flipping it over or putting it in the microwave for a few seconds to get rid of the remaining runny parts.

I can cook toast.

I can cook a good variety of things. BBQ'n is one of the easiest things. I've marinated my own steak; which is absolutely delicious. ( I don't mean to brag ) Everyone cooks to their own tastes. Which makes their cooking great because everyone cooks a bit differently. Okay, it could be a bad thing too if they're terrible at cooking. Lol.

Other things.... garlic shrimp, deep fried shrimp,  chicken black bean stir fry. and a bunch of those smaller things.

SUPER SPOILER

Garlic is delicious.

(edited)

Ushually just English breakfast type things like bacon and eggs, especially boiled eggs I'm good at those, that and microwave meals if they count. That's pretty much it: sometimes I have experimented to try to improve my cooking at times though, ushually unsucsessful. like this one time I tried to cook my Nana a meal. And after polluting the kitchen with burnt food smoke I gave her a meal of pear and curry powder, which she didn't eat :D

Edited by Asherdangerdash

(edited)

i dont know about all of you  but roman noodles is very complicated you have to prepare it in the finest of ingredients and pour a little bag of seasoning in it and wait 3 minutes for it to cook THREE MINUTES i think i win here.

Edited by Rory

yeah i can pretty much flip a pancake and bake an egg, but that's where my cooking talents stop. i've never been a great cook.

oh also applepie. that's probably the best i can make :P

At my Restaurant Management class in High School, we made a variety of dishes from scratch that we would serve to students and faculty such as

• Pulled Pork Sandwiches (this)
  • Chicken Poblano Soup
  • Garlic Bread
  • New York Style Cheese Cake
  • Baked Mac N' Cheese Bites

and a whole lot more. If you've got a recipe in hand (or memorized), the ingredients, and a basic understanding of the importance of Mise en place (everything in its right place for you Radiohead fans), you can create a whole world of meals with your own two hands!

Hey, guys! Check this! I can make a MEAAANNNN sandwich! With ham! And I can make amazing toast! I spread that butter like a MADMAN! I even make an amazing bowl of cereal! WITH MILK! I can even make HOT DOGS! WITH BUNS!

I can't cook.

I view epic meal time, whenever i feel like i should cook something. However the instructions they give are usually too complicated and i get my jack daniels stuck in the bacon fan :( .

I make fantastic tacos, killer breakfast, and I'm working on a new marinade for grilled chicken.  Just gotta get the "spicy" right.

• Brohoof 1

I can make Japanese style beef curry and onions on a bed of white rice.  It's freaking delicious.  I can also bake when I'm feeling the need for something sweet and I make a fairly good vegetable and beef soup.

I really do love cooking, especially for my friends and loved ones. I've been told I'm really good at making Italian dishes. My best is probably my homemade beef lasagna. :)

post-17693-0-86423200-1374083439_thumb.jpg

I'm a baker as well, so I make a lot of goods for the kids I take care of as well. I made Pokeball cookies once which were a huge hit! I'll probably post pictures sometime on my blog. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I know this is sad but...Pop Tarts.

I know how to put things in a toaster. That's pretty much all I know how to cook. And technically I'm not even cooking.

I feel like everyone should learn how to cook. Seems like it's such an undervalued skill. I only cook vegetarian options, but I'm getting pretty good at it. My favorite thing to cook is the breakfast burrito. (potato, onion, garlic, egg, peppers, salsa, spinach) 

Saute diced potatoes and sliced onions in olive oil (Potatoes are done when they're soft in the middle) Break two eggs over mix, then move it over to half the pan. Add the red and green peppers to the other side. After it's done cooking, add to tortilla with cheese, salsa and spinach. Yum. 

• Brohoof 1

I am very lazy... And I don't cook very often ._.

But I could probably cook a lot of things! It doesn't seem too hard :v

inb4 chaos in the kitchen

Well... Pancakes are quite good aren't they?...

But seriously though I don't know. Many things, I got the right tasting skills ;)

Well, I'm pretty good with the following:

Spaghetti

Breakfast Crepes

That's about it. I enjoy cooking, but I just don't do a lot. Even though this technically isn't a meal, I'm pretty good with making peanut butter cookies.

My cooking ability ranges from home made burger (from scratch) to unique and tasty dessert cake (best served with ice cream), I work at a restaurant and once in a while I'll use the kitchen to work on my own recipes. My latest recepie is a three meat burger patty: turkey, beef and pork all mixed into a single patty and topped with white aged chedder, lettuce, tomato, red onion, two slices of dill pickle and just a bit of honey barbeque sauce.

The dessert cakes I make use root beer and pineapple juice for the liquid portion of the recipe and I add hazelnut or french vanilla for extra flavor.

I also make a awesome pot of chili and making new drink recipes.

• Brohoof 1