Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Spoilers* Season 4 footage at SDCC

~StatesTheOblivious~

I'm extremely excited for season four. I'm glad that they're doing an episode about Scootaloo and her 'disability'. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this episode since its something you usually don't see in cartoons. As for the Power Ponies thing, I'm not really looking forward to that episode much. I'm not really into superheros and I never cared for the references in mlp:fim. The Apple family/Pinkie Pie episode is the one I'm looking forward to the most. That song is AMAZING. :D I'm also curious why the heck Pinkie is with them and where they're going. Based on the lyrics of the song it kinda sounds like to me, that Pinkie is related to them somehow. Thats probably not true but interesting, still. It'll also be great to finally see some history. Thats assuming that it IS a flashback. I'm pretty sure it is though. :)

• Brohoof 2

Oh and I forgot to mention the super hero episode. This looks great. Many have theorized its a dream sequence but Im not so sure about that given how the ponies are reacting to the situation. Applejack seems not not understand whats happening. They all seem to be adjusting to their new costumes. They all seem confused by the villain as well. I think at the very least its a shared dream. Though perhaps its a little game Discord has set up. 

• Brohoof 6

My prediction for the episode with the song:

Pinkie Pie finds out that she is related to Applejack.  So she starts hanging out with the family as one of them.  Then it turns out that it was a mistake, and she is not related to them after all.  But they still treat her as an honorary family member. 

• Brohoof 3

I really did enjoy the footage of Season Four, so I'm pretty much looking forward to when it does come either this winter or next year. I feel bad for Babs Seed but, there are a lot of special things that will be in it.

• Brohoof 2

fangirl.gif <-- Me Before. Quote I said: Season 4 Clips... 'Lil Bro' gets your flank down here. NOW!!! Me and Lil Bro after the video end -> happy-dance-.gif

Scootaloo episode, Super Ponies, More songs, and then ...Nightmare Moon returns Surprised-montage.gif

Season 4 is Going to Rock

• Brohoof 2

So do you guys think that Twilight is just having a vision of the past from Celestia's point-of-view, or that she has actually time traveled and Quantum Leaped into Celestia's life?

• Brohoof 1

So do you guys think that Twilight is just having a vision of the past from Celestia's point-of-view, or that she has actually time traveled and Quantum Leaped into Celestia's life?

It seems like she time traveled, but without more context it's really hard to say for certain. If it is point-of-view her interactions would be limited since it's more of a vision, something she is seeing. If she actually took Celestia's place she could perhaps alter the past, which could be a good or bad thing.

1. Finally!  We've been waiting for this guys!  We've been waiting for this so long!  Omigosh, I can't even explain my excitement right now for that glorious episode!

2. Now, perhaps it is a magical accident with Twi-Twi, or Spike's odd dream.  Or perhaps that's what they want us to think...

3. Pinkie Pie is there.  Why is Pinkie Pie there.
OH MY GOD SHE'S APART OF THE APPLE FAMILY!

Think about it!

4.  There.  Are.  No.  Words.

post-9999-0-84267500-1374575282.gif

post-9999-0-84481800-1374575312.gif

WAT WILL HAPPEN TO LUNA DA SECOND TIME?!

...sorry.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It seems like she time traveled, but without more context it's really hard to say for certain. If it is point-of-view her interactions would be limited since it's more of a vision, something she is seeing. If she actually took Celestia's place she could perhaps alter the past, which could be a good or bad thing.

It looks more like a non-interactive (pensieve style) flashback than time travel, at least if we assume all time travel is "worked out in advance" like in It's About Time.

That was actually one episode idea I posted some time back, to have Twilight actually time travel back to the Nightmare Moon incident and help Celestia. In other words, from the time Celestia discovered Twilight as a filly, she recognized her as the alicorn who helped her fight Nightmare Moon 1000 years ago, and has been guiding her to complete the time loop ever since.

But Luna/NMM talking to Twilight as if she were Celestia strongly implies that they're taking a different approach.

I like mine better, because time travel isn't usually done that way so it's interesting, and it has the side effect that Celestia first met Twilight as an adult, and while Celestia was much younger, therefore making Twilestia shipping that much more plausible and less creepy :lol: In a perfect world, Twilight and young Celestia would fall in love, so Twilight returns to the future to find that Celestia has waited 1000 years for her ^_^

On to the other clips...

I'm not sure how I feel about the Scootaloo episode. That's really sad if she finally got Rainbow to be her sister, but will never be able to fly alongside her...

But there are lots of kids (and adults) with disabilities, and having a character to relate to is a rare and good thing. Plus her wings do work as scooter propulsion and short range gliding, so she can still do awesome stunts that way.

Power ponies... meh. I don't like super heroes that much to begin with, and super hero episodes of other shows are usually even worse. But I'll hold out hope, because the writers of this show are awesome.

Apple song... much much better than Raise This Barn. And Pinkie! I'm betting they're taking a road trip to her family's rock farm. Maybe Pinkie has emotional issues regarding her family, and the Apples are making the trip with her for support? That would be awesome. You know what would also be awesome? If Inkie/Marble really did grow up to be Octavia :D

Season 4 is going to be SO AWESOME :wub:

Except for the lack of Babs :(

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 2

Wow I'm so pumped right now. The new episodes look absolutely amazing I bet the people who abandoned ship at the end of season 3 are kicking themselves now lol. Can't. Freaking. Wait!!

The EQD article mentions...

"Between 15-20 songs total." That's almost a song every episode!

"Season 4 has a Pinkie Pie sisters visiting episode." and "Pinkie gets a musical-style episode"  Hell Yeah!

"No More babs Seed" That's a little unexpected...

So let me get this straight. 15-20 songs. The ones we are pretty certain are getting songs are... Luna, DJ-Pon3, and Sapphire Shores?! This is awesome! Oh, and let's not forget, John de Lancie hinted at a Discord song way back at Unicon! So Discord as well?! This is so wonderful, I can't even explain! AND Nightmare Moon is returning! Her transformation looks epic! I'm so excited!!!

• Brohoof 2

Here are a few of my thought on the clips we saw.

Finally going to look at why Scootaloo can't fly. This looks good and I hope it's a lot better than Sleepless in Ponyville and she finally gets some real character development. Maybe even look at how flying works in their world.

Another Super-Hero episode. Didn't see that coming. It did kinda cross my mind that they should do an episode were they get set to like fairy tale worlds.

Did not see this coming.

I thought it would be more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHI6dmiQ_k

Don't know why I thought the magical school girl view, but hey it could be good.

Not much to say on the third clip. Good to see AJ is getting more singing time. Also Pinkie Pie and Applejack don't seem to have an episode about them together. So should be pretty good.

The last one looks really good. Nightmare Moon comes back. Can't wait to see it.

• Brohoof 1

Ugh. *facepalm*

Hasbro is trying too hard to address whatever bronies tell them to. :V

We don't HAVE to see when Luna turned evil, but of course since you guys always talk about it we're going to get an episode about it. -___-

This is supposed to be a simple kids show, remember? But it's been going downhill since season two-ish, when they started implementing brony stuff. T_T Maybe you all should ask for a Doctor Who crossover episode. After all, they love giving you anything you whine about. :3

Okay let's see how many people get their jimmies rustled.

Yeah I agree with this. I think that Hasbro is giving us way too much fan-stuff to make us pleased. They do, but I think they should come up with more things that we have no clue about what is is and well.. Not put in as many things for us.. We've had too much Derpy Hooves already, people should stop nagging about a Derpy episode :v

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking that the Scootaloo episode would be a good opportunity to give Derpy a speaking role again.  She could give Scootaloo advice about being different.

Derpy: [sitting on a cloud, yelling down] "Hey, Scootaloo! Come up here, and I'll tell you why being different isn't a big deal. In fact, it can be the greatest thing in the world!"

Scootaloo: "Um...can you come down here instead?"

Derpy: "Why?"

Scootaloo: "I...can't fly."

Derpy: [pause] "But you're a pegasus pony!"

Scootaloo: "I know."

Derpy: "Oh......Ohhhhh. That's messed up. My bad!" [flies away]

(I kid. Derpy would be great w/Scootaloo, I'm sure.)

• Brohoof 4

Well... I'm certainly eager to see the season premiere, though I'm not to excited to see Luna turned into Nightmare Moon again, simply because the result would be a redone of the first two episodes of the series. Now, it would be an interesting twist if the pony turning evil in that clip wouldn't be Luna, but Celestia instead.

Here are the comments for my top 4 favorite Q&As:

1.) More Derpy?

-I hope the writers haven't been afraid to put Ditzy up close after the "Last Roundup" incident.

2.) Episode centered on Derpy?

-My preference is that if a background character gets an episode, that she/he is at least with one of the mane 6.

4.) Scootaloo an orphan?

-I'd like to know more about our favorite filly.

10.) More Pinkamena?

-Cupcakes?

@Scoots' episode: Can she not fly for some other reason than her filly-sized wings?

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

I'm trying to understand the whole luna part.

Is Twilight seeing Princess Celestia's memories, or is Luna just on her period again?

I've come to a medically sound conclusion: being Princess is friggin' dope.

I'm trying to understand the whole luna part.

Is Twilight seeing Princess Celestia's memories, or is Luna just on her period again?

I've come to a medically sound conclusion: being Princess is friggin' dope.

Your post works as a response to the official thread discussing the S4 animatic that was released, whereas it doesn't really fit as its' own topic. I've merged them together :)

I'm glad the fact that Twilight becoming an alicorn/princess won't be glossed over with no continuity in the fourth season. Imagine just a bunch of episodes where twilight knows how to fly with no explanation as to who taught her or when. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched the video by Sethisto of the sneak peeks of MLP Season 4 shown at the San Diego Comic Con. It showed scenes from 4 different episodes. They were only sketched and very loosely animated, only created as a demo, obviously.

The first clip was an argument between the CMC and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara was making fun of Scootaloo for being a pegasus pony that was not able to fly. They mentioned Ms. Harshwhinney a number of times, and from what I got it was going to be about the CMC's participation in either the opening ceremony for the Equestria Games, or the Games themselves (more likely the former).

post-17483-0-68410600-1377625265.png

The second clip featured Spike waking up on top of a building in an odd costume. Looking around he realized that they were in "Mare-tropolis". Turning around, he sees that the Mane Six are all dressed up in costumes too.

post-17483-0-90478800-1377625300_thumb.png

He exclaims, "You're the Power Ponies!", only in time for an angry antagonist pony to burst out of a building on the opposite side of the street, looking menacing. She almost resembles Sedusa from the Powerpuff Girls.

post-17483-0-97250300-1377625322.png

The third clip is a song by the Apple family, on a cart, along with Pinkie Pie. I would hazard a guess that the song would be called Apples to the Core, the main line from the chorus.

post-17483-0-27984600-1377625339.png

The last clip is probably the most suspenseful. Twilight is somewhere at the Castle in Canterlot, wondering why she is here, when Luna emerges from behind the throne. She declares that there is only room for one princess in Equestria.

post-17483-0-55027400-1377625356.png

She stands in front of the throne, raises the moon, and then dark energy starts to gather around her. She transforms into Nightmare Moon, to the shock of Twilight. 

post-17483-0-70649700-1377625375.png

There are two possibilities. The first is that Luna has been re-corrupted, and transformed BACK into Nightmare Moon.

post-17483-0-82765500-1377625394.png

The second possibility is more likely, and even more interesting. Twilight may be having a flashback, perhaps through Princess Celestia's eyes, to experience the time when Luna was first corrupted and turned into Nightmare Moon. Either way, this season is going to be a hell of a ride.

Here's a link to the video - 

post-17483-0-68410600-1377625265.png

post-17483-0-90478800-1377625300_thumb.png

post-17483-0-97250300-1377625322.png

post-17483-0-27984600-1377625339.png

post-17483-0-55027400-1377625356.png

post-17483-0-70649700-1377625375.png

post-17483-0-82765500-1377625394.png