Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo : Girly or not?

NewPoster 1337

I personally like the way she is; it makes her unique considering the rest are definitely girly (Rainbow Dash being an exception).

I thought this was asking us if we consider Scootaloo girly, in which case I'd reply she is to an extent, but she's obviously more on the boy-like side of the spectrum

Edited by Arthy
  • Brohoof 1

Some lines from Hearts and Hooves Day:

Scootaloo: As long as you're here, why not have a bite to eat from this romantic-looking picnic? Oh gosh, seems like there's only room for two.

Scootaloo: They're looking into each other's eyes.

Scootaloo: Don't you think you should start looking for your wedding dress? You'll wanna look your best for your... [straining] honey-bunny snuggle-baby.

(She might not be "girly", but I think she's a romantic.)

• Brohoof 4

I am sure she has a slight feminine side as she is a lot like Rainbow Dash who we have seen some subtle signs of having a feminine side yet being reluctant to embrace it. She is a tomboy without a doubt but even alot of tomboys have a "girly" side to them even if it is not always that obvious.

• Brohoof 1

She tries not girly likely due to not wanting to look "lame" in front of RD, or some other ponies. I wouldn't mind seeing girly moments from Scoots though, much how I think Rainbow Dash's girly moments are adorable, the same applies for Scootaloo for me

Edited by Godot
  • Brohoof 1

I like Scoots the way she is. But at times she can be even more of a tomboy than Rainbow. If you remember from The Cutiemark Chronicles Rainbow had no problem hugging her friends at the end, while Scoots thought it was "gross" based on the face she made. Then when Fluttershy suggested they sing a song she screamed WHY?! Come on even Rainbow sings from time to time, but then again what about all those songs you've sung with the rest of the Crusaders Scootaloo? :huh:

Still I like the moments where she's in Rainbow fangirl mode, it shows how she really looks up to Rainbow. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo seems to be as much as a tomboy if not more than Rainbow Dash. She clearly isn't the lovey dovey type of pony because in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" She was grossed out by a simple group hug from the mane 6. Not to mention the countless times she disliked hearing the other's cutie mark stories (namely Fluttershy's song)

She's the obvious tomboy of the group and the only time she really showed off her feminine side was when she was a flower girl in the Canterlot Wedding.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

Define "girly".

Technically speaking, I think I like her as a tomboy, and I don't think it'd match up if she was more of a "girly-girl" type character as the sole person she looks up to is the complete opposite of that. Though both she and Rainbow Dash are tomboys, they do show slight girly tendencies from time-to-time.

In other words, read almost every post above me.

Edited by Zerrodo

As earth bending said, Scootaloo is reluctant to embrace her girly side. So do you mean that Scootaloo may get progressively girlier?

Also I thought when reading this post that there could possibly, big on the possibly , that there could be an episode with the Mane 6 trying to get Scootaloo to do new things( Wear a dress, make cupcakes) but Scootaloo is reluctant to do so because she dosen't want to become more girly. It could possibly having a moral with the Mane 6 learning a lesson on not pushing other people's boundaries.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure she was set up to be a younger version of Rainbow Dash, so she is a tomboy.  Actually, she might even be more of a tomboy then Rainbow.  

• Brohoof 1

Shes about as girly as Rainbow dash is, which isn't very much if any at all. So no shes not girly.

Do i like her like that? Yes, because it makes her more interesting.

So she is pretty tomboy, but thats not bad, plus she has her moments that shes a little girly. Just as RD does to.

I enjoy Scootaloo the way she is, and frankly, I don't see why some people dislike her as a character. Sure, her entire existence seems dedicated to idolizing Rainbow Dash, but isn't that what kids do? They look up to older people. Sweetie Belle looks up to Rarity, and Applebloom definitely looks up to Applejack. 

I just want to see Scootaloo's relationship with Rainbow Dash developed upon in Season Four. 

Edited by Sectus
  • Brohoof 2

I enjoy Scootaloo the way she is, and frankly, I don't see why some people dislike her as a character. Sure, her entire existence seems dedicated to idolizing Rainbow Dash, but isn't that what kids do? They look up to older people. Sweetie Belle looks up to Rarity, and Applebloom definitely looks up to Applejack. 

I just want to see Scootaloo's relationship with Rainbow Dash developed upon in Season Four. 

I'd say that the "idolizing Rainbow Dash" thing works a lot better since Sleepless in Ponyville. Before that, it was pretty annoying. Now, it has the potential to be a very strong character arc.

I like Scootaloo the way she is now. I mean, she is trying to be just like her idol, Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash is a tomboy, so Scootaloo wants to be one too to impress her. :)

Edited by SmartyPants

I love the way Scoots is now of course, but I would love to see the same thing that I would love to see with Rainbow Dash as well, slight girly moments from them, whatever they might be. Not often, but here and there. That always has the potential to create some very cute moments given their tomboyish personalities.

(edited)

Smarty Pants makes a point. So if Rainbow Dash temporarily leaves Ponyville, will Scootaloo's girly side try to take over or will Scootaloo just act girly immediately?

Edited by supergameman28

I like her the way she is for various reasons. It's not wrong of her to be on the tomboy side and she's emulating Rainbow Dash quite a lot so as not to look weaker in front of her. This was especially evident in Sleepless in Ponyville. This doesn't mean she has a distinctive feminine quality to her. We just haven't seen it yet. Secondly, it adds a nice contrast in the spectrum of characteristics shown among the CMC. The way I see it, Sweetie Belle is essentially the most feminine, Scootaloo the most masculine and Applebloom is a balance between the two types of characters.

Scootaloo is one of my favorites i like the way they have her, tomboyish and troes to be like RD now what would be interesting is seeing a episode where RD starts acting girly for some reason and scootaloo does the same, just too see their reactions at the end of the show when they realize they are tring to hard to be somebody they're not and get a good laugh at how goofy they look being girly

Edited by DaReaper

The concepts of "tomboy" and "girly" are based around outdated gender roles.  You are what you are.  I can't believe that bronies would be discussing this.

But rather than gender roles, I think it's safer to talk about gender stereotypes. It would be more of a problem if most people were saying they'd rather have Scootaloo be more girly but most people seem not to care with either or.

• Brohoof 1