Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What gun would you love to own?

GrauWitz

The Aperture Science handheld portal device. Don't judge me, you smelly humans.

img-3630958-1-PortalGunRenderGlass_zps23

Portal gun please!

img-3630958-2-Rwby_by_patgarci-d5kmgkg-1

Also want Ruby's gun scythe please! I forget the name of it, but it is so cool looking!

I can't tell you how happy I am to see a RWBY fan. :)
  • Brohoof 2

I love the series! They characters are so neat looking in design and personality!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, that's it! Crescent Rose! Oh that is such a badass weapon!

As for a real gun, uh... No idea?

That is what this thread is asking for. It's not a mark against you, but I'm personally tired of people coping out and saying the portal gun. Again, nothing against you, it's just like hearing the same joke for the hundredth time. Funny at first but starts to grate a little.

Besides, there's plenty to choose from. Handguns, shotguns, rifles, etc.

I love the series! They characters are so neat looking in design and personality!

I am as well. Love the world and fighting.

• Brohoof 1

I cannot simply go a single episode without laughing at something! xD

That is what this thread is asking for. It's not a mark against you, but I'm personally tired of people coping out and saying the portal gun. Again, nothing against you, it's just like hearing the same joke for the hundredth time. Funny at first but starts to grate a little. Besides, there's plenty to choose from. Handguns, shotguns, rifles, etc

B-but nobody can resist the almighty power of portals! D:

I'd take the kind of gun that makes everything peaceful and harmonious via blasts of rainbow unicorn farts.

Basically Mr. Toots with a safety.

Or I could get a block of steel that rotates and makes clicking noises when you use it. Basically a fake gun.

• Brohoof 1

Primary weapon?  Call me biased, but the only real life rifle I have ever held in my hands (not shot) was an M16A2 Commando --or the standard one if need be.

15fsjzm.jpg

For my side arm, I would want an FN Five-seveN.

five_seven_large.png

• Brohoof 1

Automatic fire, I'd go for the M60. 
Ss2O2k7.jpg

For a rifle, I'd love to own the Searcy .600 Nitro Express Double Barrel
6Ym1Vwj.jpg

For a side arm, I'd love to own an AMT Hardballer (maybe with laser sighting, too. ;)
sdlJIOs.jpg

And finally, for shits n' giggles, I'd love to own a functional Mauser 96 converted to a DL-44 
IDyZQo6.jpg
They can be constructed to still fire even after conversion!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I'm supposed to choose a primary weapon too? Well, I guess if my sidearm is the Judge, I may as well go with a primary shotgun and I'd say I'd go with the classic Franchi SPAS-12

SPAS-12_stock_folded.jpg

If not that, then the Atchisson Assault Shotgun, also known as the AA-12

AA-12.jpg

• Brohoof 2

If not that, then the Atchisson Assault Shotgun, also known as the AA-12

img-3631181-2-AA-12.jpg

I'm more of a swordsman as most of you might know, but I LOOOOOOOOVE the AA-12!  B)  :D

I'd take the kind of gun that makes everything peaceful and harmonious via blasts of rainbow unicorn farts.

I would destroy such a weapon with my bare hands if necessary. Peace must be achieved from within, not through force. Your proposed make people be nice through magic mind control forcing them to think differently is no different then, make people be nice from the threat of physical violence if they aren't.

• Brohoof 1

I would destroy such a weapon with my bare hands if necessary. Peace must be achieved from within, not through force. Your proposed make people be nice through magic mind control forcing them to think differently is no different then, make people be nice from the threat of physical violence if they aren't.

Only the mind of a kid could think we human can be  peaceful and harmonious.  have you ever hear truly man is the king of beast, for his brutality exceeds theirs. we live by the death of other: we are burial places!

Si vis pacem, para bellum  "If you want peace, prepare for war.

Only the mind of a kid could think we human can be peaceful and harmonious. have you ever hear truly man is the king of beast, for his brutality exceeds theirs. we live by the death of other: we are burial places!

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war.

I vehemently disagree. The fact that we can even understand the concept of peace shows that it can exist. Moreover, that's incedibly unfair to say peace is only for children. What of all the people who work to achieve peace in the world? I agree that we should always be prepared for war and that universal human peace will likely be a pipe dream till the end of time but is it foolish to minimize war and violence?

I wasn't talking about world peace either, I was taking about achieving INNER peace, the only peace that truly can be achieved and the only peace that I believe matters.

(edited)

img-3500588-4-SVD1.gif             I love some classic SVD/PSO-1 action.

Got the right idea there! How can you not love the SVD? Powerful 7.62x54 round, reputedly very precise, reasonable weight, reliable gas piston action, good 10-round firepower, the scope's elevation turret comes set up for different ranges corresponding to caliber, includes an excellent stadiametric rangefinding reticle, and has battery-powered illumination. Oh, and the older PSOs even have an IR detector!

If I were to own a gun, I would like it to be...

...A gun a made up that is a cross between a shotgun and a machine gun.

You mean like this?

One rifle I'd definitely love to own is a Primary Weapons Systems MK2 with a 16- or 20-inch barrel:

mk2-rifles-mk216.jpg

Easily customizable? ✓

20 round mag? ✓

Excellent comp/flash suppressor? ✓

AR ergonomics? ✓

Super-reliable long-stroke gas piston action copied from the AK? ✓

Reasonable weight? ✓

Powerful 7.62x51 round? ✓

The AR's last round bolt hold-open and linear magazine insertion? ✓

Really, this thing is an amazing all-around weapon.

Alternatively, the SIG SG 550:

Stgw_90.jpg

Everything you love about an AR, but with a folding stock and an AK-style charging handle instead of that terrible T-handle.

And it's hard to beat the Anzio 20mm for raw power:

maxresdefault.jpg

That rifle in the front is a Barrett. Where is your princess now?

Edited by Not_A_Brony
  • Brohoof 3

Got the right idea there! How can you not love the SVD? Powerful 7.62x54 round, reputedly very precise, reasonable weight, reliable gas piston action, good 10-round firepower, the scope's elevation turret comes set up for different ranges corresponding to caliber, includes an excellent stadiametric rangefinding reticle, and has battery-powered illumination. Oh, and the older PSOs even have an IR detector!

You mean like this?

One rifle I'd definitely love to own is a Primary Weapons Systems MK2 with a 16- or 20-inch barrel:

img-3638636-2-mk2-rifles-mk216.jpg

Easily customizable? ✓

20 round mag? ✓

Excellent comp/flash suppressor? ✓

AR ergonomics? ✓

Super-reliable long-stroke gas piston action copied from the AK? ✓

Reasonable weight? ✓

Powerful 7.62x51 round? ✓

The AR's last round bolt hold-open and linear magazine insertion? ✓

Really, this thing is an amazing all-around weapon.

Alternatively, the SIG SG 550:

img-3638636-3-Stgw_90.jpg

Everything you love about an AR, but with a folding stock and an AK-style charging handle instead of that terrible T-handle.

And it's hard to beat the Anzio 20mm for raw power:

img-3638636-4-maxresdefault.jpg

That rifle in the front is a Barrett. Where is your princess now?

Nice to see another SVD enthusiast. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

*snip*

That first one the guy is holding is a Finnish Lahti L-39 20mm cannon. 

The second one looks like it's the .50 pistol from Fallout. 

Can't say I've ever heard of a SIG pistol in .50.

95Caliber2.jpg

Here's a .950.

Some videos of me with my DD at the range, and shooting a friend's M9.

There's a P90S down there that I got a chance to try, but no video of that. 

I don't shoot pistols often. That much can be said :P

Edited by Kiari-san
  • Brohoof 2

The second is a SIG-Sauer 14mm hunting pistol.  This glorious 4-pound beast (unloaded) holds six rounds and is a semi-auto.  Basically a 50-cal rifle as a pistol, I'm curious at just how powerful of an arm-breaking kick this thing would really throw.  I'm pretty sure this beauty could never realistically function, but I'm willing to wait until 2077 and find out.

50-caliber pistol, huh? Well, aside from the already well-known Desert Eagle, this thing has been floating around the internet for a while:

tumblr_m91zu5H0Oq1rywyc5o1_1280.jpg

Of course, it's possibly the most impractical handgun ever made.

For a .50 handgun that's actually useful and reasonable, the .50 GI round has been gaining steam. Here's a Glock with the .50 GI treatment:

50GI-2.jpg

Look at the bore on that!  :blink:

And here's the round next to a common .45 ACP:

250px-50giand45auto.png

Ah, I notice you have a set of MBUS on that rifle. How do you like them? Did they come with the rifle or did you add them yourself?