Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What gun would you love to own?

GrauWitz

(edited)

Ah, I notice you have a set of MBUS on that rifle. How do you like them? Did they come with the rifle or did you add them yourself?

I got them myself from Magpul's site. Daniel Defense didn't have them on theirs.

I personally think they're great. The front post is nice and clear. I wanted to get myself a Trijicon or EO to replace them, but they're more than adequate for now. :P

Edited by Kiari-san
  • Brohoof 1

canon-gatling-avion-anti-tanque-33.jpg

I don't know if I'd wanna own it since it's huge, but i wouldn't mind getting a chance to fire this bad boy off. I don't know its specific name or brand or whatever, but I do know that gatling guns are a well known rapid-fire weapon. I would love to shoot this off at a target (not a living one or course).

• Brohoof 2

[bFG]

I don't know if I'd wanna own it since it's huge, but i wouldn't mind getting a chance to fire this bad boy off. I don't know its specific name or brand or whatever, but I do know that gatling guns are a well known rapid-fire weapon. I would love to shoot this off at a target (not a living one or course).

That monster of a weapon appears to be the General Electric GAU-8 "Avenger", the only gun that comes with a plane accessory: the A-10. Up to 4,200 RPM of Depleted Uranium API projectiles weighing nearly a pound each. USMCav8r already posted that, but only an image does it justice  :yay:

I've fired it before...

...in DCS  >_>

(seriously, though, I love DCS)

I got them myself from Magpul's site. Daniel Defense didn't have them on theirs.

I personally think they're great. The front post is nice and clear. I wanted to get myself a Trijicon or EO to replace them, but they're more than adequate for now. :P

You call it "clear", I call it "coarse". Not that I don't like them - it's quite an accomplishment that they managed to design sturdy polymer BUIS. Admittedly, it fits the bill well with the selectable aperture size for low light environments, but it'd be nice to have the precision of something like the KAC 600m irons. Doesn't stop me from eyeing their MBUS pro LR, though... the wide aperture option accounts for about the only complaint I might have regarding the KAC.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to own a FN FAL (them Belgians know how to make weapons). 

1920px-FN-FAL_belgian.jpeg

I would also love to own a Dragunov SVU 

%D0%A1%D0%92%D0%A3-%D0%90%D0%A1.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The Vulcan cannon from Ratchet Deadlocked. You don't need very good accuracy to hit something (shots scatter forward in one pull of the trigger), so it's good against lone targets, but bad in hostage situations... Not that I ever get into those :derp:.

Edited by Swirly's Beau

Forgot to mention the APS.

Avtomat Podvodny Spetsialnyy "Special Underwater Assault Rifle"

ynkAF0n.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Forgot to mention the APS.

Avtomat Podvodny Spetsialnyy "Special Underwater Assault Rifle"

img-3648439-1-ynkAF0n.jpg

"Underwater assault rifle?!" That is badass!  :D

The world is now richer in my eyes because someone considered military grade weapons for underwater battles practical.  :)

• Brohoof 2

"Underwater assault rifle?!" That is badass!  :D

The world is now richer in my eyes because someone considered military grade weapons for underwater battles practical.  :)

Oh yes, it most certainly is. If there's one thing Russia does well, it's make innovative weaponry which actually works.

My personal favorite example is the PSS "silent" pistol.

s-261.jpg

s-264.jpg

s-265.jpg

(sorry for the massive images, unless you're into that sort of thing [i know I am :comeatus:])

It uses special ammunition with an internal piston to propel the bullet, trapping the firing gasses and negating the need for a suppressor. The slide can even be locked to make operation even more quiet, à la the Mk 22 "hush puppy" pistol, iirc.

Cutaway of the ammunition illustrating its function:

suppressor1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Does the Party Cannon count? :3

No it doesn't.  :okiedokielokie: See my earlier post.

Okay one thing that's started to cause me some chagrin is whenever the topic of weapons comes up in the forums, you have a good number of people who cop out and either:  

A ) Name something that isn't and can't be used as a weapon. (Unless you're Jackie Chan.)  

B ) Choose a weapon that doesn't exist when the scenario calls for real weapons. (These are usually followed up with some feigned innocence such as "does that count?")    

or C ) Ignore the prompting and just refute the scenario all together. (Why comment on the thread in the first place then?)   

I can't be the only one who's a little annoyed at this can I?

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

M14. It was the last true "battle rifle" of the US Army, and it's an invaluable part of 20th century history. I'd also like to try out its older brother, the M1 Garand from World War II.

• Brohoof 1

The M14 was excellent as a gun, but personally, the gun that mainly challenged it as a EBR in that era (and in my opinion, is better) was the G3. The G3 with a 5x Zeiss scope and a suppressor is brilliant, although admittedly not as good as the M14's child in the EBR genre, the M21.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I am not permitted to have guns in my country, or have guns when visiting others.

But if that was not the case, I think I would go with a sawed-off 10-GAUGE WINCHESTER LEVER-ACTION SHOTGUN.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to own a full auto Tommy gun. Saw one for sale at the last gun show nearby, but I don't have $20k laying around  :(

Also wouldn't mind a lever action rifle chambered in .357 magnum. Much much more affordable  :kirin:

11 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Good question... I'd say an M4A1, but I don't think that's legal to own, even in the USA...

Appears to be post-'86, so unfortunately it's not  

• Brohoof 2