Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite FPS of all time

Walter White

I have fond memories of Playing Goldeneye on the N64 that game was legendary when we were young. Looking back at it you realise the game was crap. Halo was an amazing shooter but i would have to say my personal favorite was COD Black ops. Not only was it the best COD online in my opinion it was just an amazing shooter campaign wise as well! Oh, i almost forgot the airport level in Modern Warfare 2! Best level in a COD game...Wait dos that make me masochistic??? 0_o

• Brohoof 2

Goldeneye 007 for the N64. You have no idea how many hours I put into that game, and the sad part is I never even touched the multiplayer, due to having almost no friends. I just loved the campaign to it. The graphics (for the time), the weapons, the cheats, the levels, it was all so memorable. Not too many shooters have given me that feeling again.

Halo Combat Evolved is a nice mention as well. Again, for the campaign.

• Brohoof 1

For a second there I worried myself, the immediate thought that came to mind was "Well, Halo of course" 

And then I saw F.E.A.R 2 and Bioshock, and my heart skipped a beat when I remembered they where FPS's too...

I'll have to say the Halo series for my #1 answer though, probably Halo CE.

Bioshock is easily my second favourite, in fact it's probably up there with Halo, trying to beat it off the shelf. 

F.E.A.R 1&2 are amazing games too, for several reasons, but I think F.E.A.R 2 wins out because of it's refined gameplay and - at least for me - it's scarier than the first one, even on the second and third playthroughs. However, screw that control layout. Seriously who does that? 

• Brohoof 1

Ahh lets see i'm a really big fan of Wipeout (pic here) (this is in camera mode but the game is played in FPS) (yes it is shooter kind of)AiY7VaG.jpg and tom clancys HAWX 2 (also FPS) the second pic is taken in photo mode (kind of like spectator mode

eRgaPeP.jpg

8hQppbO.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Counter Strike 1.6, of course. Pretty much every kid in my neighborhood owned this thing, so we used to play it until the crack of dawn together. So many memories ;_;

Edited by Erio Touwa
  • Brohoof 1

Without a doubt I've put more time into the original Doom than any other FPS. Doom came out when I was 5, I played it heavily for many years, and occasionally mess with it to this day.

Citing a favorite is going to be hard. My gut is saying Red Orchestra 2 right now. It has an emphasis on realism, but not to the point of being tedious. It's fun, takes a while to play, and by nature doesn't permit carelessness. Most of what's accomplished in this game is done by skill, not broken gameplay mechanics or blind luck. Because of that it can get frustrating when played for long periods of time and can get tiresome, but it's a good way to spend an hour or two when you just want to take it slow and let off some steam.

• Brohoof 2

1. Half Life 2

2. Bioshock Infinite

3. Bioshock

4. System Shock 2

5. Counter Strike 1.6

6. Doom

7. Wolfenstein (Classic)
8. Splinter Cell

9. Halo 2

10. COD WAW

1) Half-Life 2 (2004);

post-18648-0-29329500-1377449837_thumb.jpg post-18648-0-18984600-1377449862_thumb.jpg

Amazing storyline, memorable characters, great gameplay. This is the best game of all time.

2) Bioshock Infinite (2013);

post-18648-0-69615200-1377450906.jpg post-18648-0-93955200-1377450935_thumb.jpg

Great storyline and gameplay. The world in Bioshock is so beautiful, it makes you wanna live there. I consider it to be more beautiful than Equestria (I'm ready for the hate comments).

3) Battlefield 1942 (2002);

post-18648-0-13245600-1377451066_thumb.jpg post-18648-0-70182400-1377451099_thumb.jpg

Amazing World War 2 game AND has the best theme music ever. It was even performed by the London Symphony Orchestra!

4) Battlefield 3 (2011);

post-18648-0-76852200-1377451371.jpg post-18648-0-89105700-1377451409_thumb.jpg

While the campaign falls behind the Call of Duty campaigns, the multiplayer is simply, AMAZING. With 64 player servers and huge maps, its the best multiplayer game as of now.

5) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007);

post-18648-0-20625500-1377451604_thumb.jpg post-18648-0-49682500-1377455447_thumb.jpg

Best campaign in the entire series and great multiplayer.

post-18648-0-29329500-1377449837_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-18984600-1377449862_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-69615200-1377450906.jpg

post-18648-0-93955200-1377450935_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-13245600-1377451066_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-70182400-1377451099_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-76852200-1377451371.jpg

post-18648-0-89105700-1377451409_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-20625500-1377451604_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-49682500-1377455447_thumb.jpg

Edited by Master of Antics
  • Brohoof 1

Timesplitters, I would go as far as to say that it is one of the most underrated games of all time (Besides Gex, which is THE most underrated game of all time, it's tongue in cheek humor was witty and all the games in the series are a ton of fun), and a way better spiritual successor to GoldenEye than Perfect Dark..

Timesplitters 1: Meh

Timesplitters 2: Great, spent an ungodly amount of time playing

Timesplitters Future Perfect: The Best FPS ever created

____

Halo is really tied with Timesplitters for my favorite though.

As for which Halo game is my favorite, that would be Halo CE, the true classic.

Edited by Jacob Danik
  • Brohoof 2

1. Borderlands (2009): See page 1 post.

2. Fallout New Vegas (2010): More complete than 3.

3. Team Fortress 2 (2007): Duh.

4. Halo 3 (2007): I found it entertainingly difficult and somewhat inspirational.

5. Tie.

Call of Duty 4 (2007): I love Arcade mode, greatest COD splitscreen.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009): Nice twist to the series. Great multiplayer.

• Brohoof 2

Never been much of a fan of FPS'. I like them well enough but I haven't played nearly enough to have any real opinion on them. Timesplitters: Future Perfect is probably the top ranker on my minuscule list of FPS' I've played though.

I loved The Darkness 1 and 2 a lot though.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I really haven't actively played that many fps games to be fair.

I use to play Tf2 but my computer broke and the one i have can't run it.

I haven't played much COD of halo really.

I use to play a lot of starwars battlefront, but I don't much anymore(until the new one comes out) and technically it's more of a TPS.

Heck I haven't even played some of the popular ones like boarderlands or half life, or bio shock. Not that I'm totally sure I could get my parents to

Let me buy any of them, seeing as they are sometimes strict, but idk.

I don't think I have the budget money for them anyways.

Not to mention there are many games I have to buy, and many games I have that are unfinished and stuff.

So yeah, I dunno if I've played enough FPS'S to pick a favorite.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played many FPS games. But if I had to pick a favorite, it'd have to be Star Wars: Battlefront II. It has many characters/classes, flight mode, many stages, and even though the AI might be a bit dumb, I love it.

• Brohoof 1

I have fond memories of Playing Goldeneye on the N64 that game was legendary when we were young. Looking back at it you realise the game was crap.

What are you talking about? That game is amazing even by modern standards. If you were to compare it to any modern FPS, you'd actually realize just what classic FPS games had that modern games don't. Immediately on starting the game, you're already in the deep end with only a silenced Walther PPK at your side with an enemy right around the corner waiting to kill you. No one to assist you, no one to act as pointman. You're completely on your own. The music score that explodes the moment you begin the level and see enemy soldiers doing their thing also does wonders to add to the sense of immediate danger all around you but is also encouraging because at the end of the day, you're the legendary agent, James Bond 007 :D

And apparently Jedi Outcast is also considered an FPS even tho I play most of it in the third person using a lightsaber once it becomes available, so that one is also on my list of favorite FPS games. No other Star Wars game captures the essence of saber combat so accurately and so realistically, which is what I enjoy the most about it. Desann too is also one of the greatest game villains ever in my book.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

I'm more of an RPG player, and the far cry series is a bit of a mixture of RPG and fps. I know that there are a heap of fps RPGs, but far cry stands out the most for me. Mainly because I'm replaying it at the moment :P

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta say, Battlefield 3. Sometimes a night of BF3 is so much fun. playing with friends over Skype, having a bf3 moment where you own everyone! I never had a game before where I had as much fun before!

• Brohoof 1

OH! It has to be James Bond: Nightfire for the PS2!

Cover.jpg

random Spanish cover

The game was amazing, I used to play it all the time with my friends back then. The missions are funny and the multiplayer is amazingly fun! The maps are incredible and there's a lot of things you can customize with each character. Like, how they behave and how good they are, their playstyle, which weapons they'll prefer, etc. There's loads of cool stuff in the game.

Here's a little vid

If we are talking about my favorite right now, it's (inb4 hater rage) Black Ops 2.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Despite all of the Call of Duty that I play, I would have to say Team Fortress 2.  There is just, well, so much to do in TF2, it's a lot more than the basic game modes of Control Points, CTF, King of the Hill, etc.  There are so many custom game modes in that game, you'll never run out of stuff to do.  Do you know how much time I've spent playing Randomizer and Prop Hunt?  The community is also great, the gameplay is amazing, and everything is balanced with every objects having it's downside and every class having it's major weaknesses.  I've also spent about 600 hours playing this game, so yeah img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 1

Fallout 3.  I like the immersion and the great beginning to the story, the number of things that grant exp, picking my skills and perks, and the VATS system that makes it a little like a turn based rpg.  It's honestly the only FPS I really like.  I haven't played New Vegas yet.

• Brohoof 1