Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate fan fiction depicting Ponies as monsters?

Bendy

Do you hate fan fiction depicting Ponies as monsters? Such as stories where our lovely Ponies go around enslaving sapient races and to top it off also commit genocide on other sapient races?

I hate them. The only 'logical explanation' (these are magical Ponies we're talking about here) that these once good Ponies from alternate universes have been corrupted by an "evil force", well at least a being that loves treating others with cruelty and malice if the concept of good or evil truly exists.

Otherwise, it's just canon defilement. Unless, there's some 'good' reason to destroy a sapient species even when they're on their knees begging for mercy and peace. I personally don't think so.

If you have your enemy on their knees crying and they are literally begging for you to spare them, and you kill them. You are a monster.   

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

I must agree, I have had the displeasure of reading one some time ago, to this day I have never read one again. Top of all that why do we need to make the ponies we have all come to know and love monsters/killers anyway? It's like wtf?

Edited by xPrincess Celestiax

I hate them too. You see in my opinion the top rating for a FanFic should be around PG and in some cases PG-13, if you go beyond that all of the value of the show is lost. You have to remember you are writing about a show for younger children and there family to enjoy. If you want to write about people mutilating each-other and peoples messed up childhoods go off and create your own IP and don't write about Ponies.

I don't hate them, but if they show them as killers without reason like you said; that's usually a sign of a bad fanfiction. Now, if there is good reasoning behind the actions of the ponies, I have no problem with having ponies doing acts like you described. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind fanfics depicting the ponies to be evil because it's fanfiction. In fact, it's probably a good thing that we have fanfics out there that depict ponies in that light. Many of us read fanfics because they give us an opportunity to explore the MLP universe beyond the canon, and if all the MLP fanfics stayed true to the show, then they wouldn't be nearly as interesting to read. If you dislike the way certain fanfics depict the poines, you can simply choose not to read them.

Plus, things aren't always rainbows and butterflies in Equestria. The MLP ponies are sapient, and not all of them are going to be nice and friendly. In fact, truly wicked ponies have revealed themselves throughout the series, such as King Sombra. The MLP universe also has its fair share of ponies who are mean and hostile, such as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I personally like how we have characters like these, because it adds a lot of depth to the show. It makes the show more realistic, and without any malevolence the show would be unsophisticated and insipid. We don't have anything nearly as bad as killing an enemy who was begging for mercy, but the lighter evil that we do see in the show does make some viewers curious on how malicious MLP ponies are capable of being, and the closest way to satisfy that curiosity would be through reading darker fanfictions.

• Brohoof 1

My OC is actually a hunter, and a monster slayer. He hunts animals as a hobby/Food source, and also protects people by getting rid of dangerous monsters. But other than that, yes I hate those types of fanfics.

In fact, I hate all fanfics in general.

I know that it's fan art of a sort, but I'm rather protective over my little friends-and don't like to see them portrayed like that.

Not a fan of the clop stuff either-imo the show attracts because real life is full of violence and hate-and the show is an escape from it.

I feel that there's enough violent art out there without taking this happy little show and defiling it as well.

I'm not big on dark fanfics in general really, so i must say I don't really like them, and they also normally don't make much sense anyways.

Now i guess if they give a good legit reason its ok, but otherwise eh.

I don't read dark fanfics really ever anyways, so i can say I don't really like them, not much of my style, ponies seem to innocent for that kinda stuff really.

Personally I don't like to read the ones they are psychopaths, but I do read the dark ones that portray some emotional and personal qualities in characters I know and love. But the ones with da crazies is an aspect some people like to see. I may not like them, but someoneout there likes them. As long as it stays away from me, I'm fine with it.

I dont read fanfic but i would if there was pony murder. that sounds awesome, Im a huge fan of MLP but im not that big. it does not consume my life but my life but would not be the same without it if that makes sense. Some people go cray cray over it. Which is cool i dont mind. i just like that the fandom does not really hate, we may not approve of everything but we dont go around beating each other up like hardcore metal heads do over stupid things like if A7X is a metal band.

Do you mean gridmarks? I actually don't mind reading those (last one was Cheerilee's garden...'s sequel, and that was a while ago).It's not like any of the really violent fanfics are canon anyways, so why not? I'll admit, they're a bit hard to read sometimes considering we don't like to picture our favorite ponies getting slaughtered.

I'll agree with fimdashie; there's plenty of malevolence in the world of Equestria. Heck, what would Fim be like without all the pony antagonists, dragons, and other dangers?

• Brohoof 1

I do hate them, since ponies aren't monsters at all even if it is someone writing a story about ponies as monsters. I think that, it is pretty ridiculous to label ponies as monsters.

• 6 years later...
On 8/11/2013 at 1:18 AM, Bendy said:

Do you hate fan fiction depicting Ponies as monsters?

Fan fiction?

What about "28 pranks later"? :ButtercupLaugh: That was a thing >_>

Sometimes I don’t mind (I’m currently reading an evil Pinkie fic right now. No, it’s not Cupcakes)

I think I would only have a problem with it if the cruelty didn’t make any sense given the circumstances the character has been through or if it didn’t match up with their personality

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Sometimes I don’t mind (I’m currently reading an evil Pinkie fic right now. No, it’s not Cupcakes)

I think I would only have a problem with it if the cruelty didn’t make any sense given the circumstances the character has been through or if it didn’t match up with their personality

Loll you just brohoofed one of my oldest posts :wacko: .

After a few years I never really heard of any new famous/popular fics like Rainbow Factory ir Cheerilee’s Garden. 

• 2 months later...