Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Ages

FlutterDashie

I noticed that the humanized Mane Six were all in the same grade, presumably senior year. But I remember Fluttershy said that she was older than Pinkie Pie. Shouldn't Big Macintosh have graduated also? He's older than Applejacj yet he is still in school. Their ages in the movie really bothered me. :(

• Brohoof 1

Well since the movie isn't canon it's easy to reckon things in the show to better fit the setting w/o adding a lot new characters or effecting the shows canon. Yeah it's lazy but it works.

All the ages got compressed and re-arranged in the human world. The CMC should not have been in high school, Photo Finish is a senior, yet Cherilee is a teacher? Luna and Celestia would be some form of undead, as they're thousands of years old in the ponyverse.. Sunset Shimmer has to be a significant number of years older than Twilight in order for her to be a former special student of Celestia yet for Twilight to have never met her prior, yet she's the same age as the Mane6?

I'm taking all that as evidence that the 'humanverse' is actually a sham, a projection pulled from Sunset's & Twilight's minds so they can cope without having to deal with the true alien nature of this alternate dimension. None of what we saw really 'happened' the way we saw it, it's all filtered through Twilight's imagination.

• Brohoof 4

It's a show meant for little girls. I don't think they would be complaining about this but yes, they have mucked up the ages. For the Mane 6 being around 14-17 seems realistic according to their behavior.

Also, Photo Finish being a senior does not make sense...she could have made an appearance as a photographer who takes the school pictures. 

Sunset Shimmer was probably younger than Twilight when she started so that's why their the same age now.

Celestia and Luna being principals makes sense and considering that even though they're thousands of years old they act like what humans would when their mature adults so it makes sense that their age would be somewhere between 30-40.

Well, they look back fondly on the Freshman Fare, and with the number of times Sunset Shimmer has already won the Princess of the Fall Formal (3x), I would say that it is senior year for the Main6, making them 17/18 depending on birthdays. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't exactly say that none of the CMC nor Big Mac shouldn't be in high school because we don't exactly know if the school they went to was a high school, all we know for sure is that it was a school. 

It could have possibly been a school where ages and grades range from elementary (5-11) to middle school (11-13) and high school (13- 20).

I would assume that their ages would look like this:

• Twilight 15 - 16
  • Fluttershy 15 -16
  • Pinkie Pie 13 - 14
  • Rainbow Dash 14 -15
  • Rarity -15 or 16
  • Applejack 15 - 17
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, it seems their ages change completely in the other dimension. Since there was apparently a 'Freshman Fair' a year before Twilight came to the world, the mane 6 must be sophomore age, so around 15-16 I'd say. I'd say the CMC would probably be freshmen then, and from there the rest is pretty screwed up lol. :derp:

I wouldn't exactly say that none of the CMC nor Big Mac shouldn't be in high school because we don't exactly know if the school they went to was a high school, all we know for sure is that it was a school. 

It could have possibly been a school where ages and grades range from elementary (5-11) to middle school (11-13) and high school (13- 20).

I believe it was referred to specifically as a high school though. They say "Canterlot High" a few times, if I recall correctly.

This has been discussed before. The "humanverse" is not meant to be a perfect analogue to the "ponyverse". The characters are all aged differently and occupy more or less different roles than they would as ponies, the only thing that actually matches is their personalities/names.

Big Mac ought to be older than Cheerilee, who ought to be the same age as the Mane 6, and the CMC/Snips & Snails ought to be primary schoolers rather than freshmen. The alternate universe changes these characters' ages to fit into that society.

That, and it's a kids' film, it's not meant to be looked into that deeply. :P

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 4

There is an obvious inconsistancy between the ponies and their human counterparts.

I feel like the only person who noticed this:

If Big Mac is a student, and Cheerilee works at the library, then if this episode were to have been canon in the EQG universe, god just why? But we all know it didn't happen in the human universe, thankfully.

603655-nose_rub.png

Edited by Dism
  • Brohoof 3

My guess is the Mane 6 are now juniors. They look too different from their freshmen picture to have aged just one year but they don't seem to be seniors either. Big Mac's a senior though. And are Sunset Shimmer's pictures of previous victories just for Fall Formals or Spring Flings too? That could cut the time she's been in the humanoid world in half.

Relative to the pony world, almost everyone's age is off somewhat. I never dwelt on the small age differences. But I have to hand it to Fhaolan for mentioning this:

Luna and Celestia would be some form of undead, as they're thousands of years old in the ponyverse..

I never thought of that before. How convenient that Principals Celestia and Luna were born at just the right time for this story. :P

Due to Equestria Girls being a spin off, age and stuff doesn't matter but its fun to speculate.

equestria_girls_vector_big_mac_by_thewolBig Mac (Super Senior) 20.5 Yrs

twilight_sparkle_equestria_girls_by_prinTwilight (Typical) 18 Yrs

equestria_girls_fluttershy_by_iamaquamarFluttershy 19 Yrs

equestria_girls_rarity_by_iamaquamarine_Rarity 18 or 19 Yrs

Pasted_Graphic.pngAJ 18 or 19 Yrs

equestria_girls_rainbow_dash_vector_by_tRainbow (Typical) 18

equestria_girls_pinkie_pie_by_nero_narmePinkie 17 Yrs

The mane six are seniors. I have proof for this. There are 3 pics of sunset shimmer in celestia's, each representing freshman, sophomore, and then junior years,so she is currently a senior. Fluttershy states that sunset shimmer that she will rule the school until THEY graduate. The yearbook shows 5 of the mane 6 at the freshmen fair, so they are in the same grade. So the mane 6 range from 17 to 18 years old.

• Brohoof 1

I've actually heard that some schools combine junior high and high school, so the CMC could easily be in a school that utilizes such a system. As for Big Mac. I considered the possibility that he doesn't actually GO to the school, but was just in that one scene delivering the fizzy apple cider. He works at home, on the orchard or something. I don't recall seeing him at the school in any other scene, and nor is there any other students that look to be his age group. He seems more adult than student. 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Big Mac failed a whole bunch of times. :P

As long as we're talking about the Apple family, why is Granny Smith working in the school cafeteria instead of on the farm? I can only assume there's a humanverse Sweet Apple Acres if AJ delivered that cider. Does this mean that in the humanverse Granny Smith and AJ aren't related?

I've actually heard that some schools combine junior high and high school, so the CMC could easily be in a school that utilizes such a system. As for Big Mac. I considered the possibility that he doesn't actually GO to the school, but was just in that one scene delivering the fizzy apple cider. He works at home, on the orchard or something. I don't recall seeing him at the school in any other scene, and nor is there any other students that look to be his age group. He seems more adult than student. 

Yes, exactly.  :)

I mean the movie never says anything about Big Mac going to school there and on that note its also very possible for the CMC to go to this school as well because it may not be a high school but instead, a school that has a lot of different grades and age ranges. 

Besides I dont think its uncommon for a high school to have students attending that are in the same age range of the CMC, I mean the school I currently go to is a high school but a year or two from now when Iv graduated it will be a school that ranges from 7th to 12th grade.  :o

Im glad Im not the only on who considered this. :lol:

Yes, exactly. :)

I mean the movie never says anything about Big Mac going to school there and on that note its also very possible for the CMC to go to this school as well because it may not be a high school but instead, a school that has a lot of different grades and age ranges.

Besides I dont think its uncommon for a high school to have students attending that are in the same age range of the CMC, I mean the school I currently go to is a high school but a year or two from now when Iv graduated it will be a school that ranges from 7th to 12th grade. :o

Im glad Im not the only on who considered this. :lol:

Hmmm, just checked the Wiki and apparently he's also in the cafeteria scene and dances with Applejack at the Fall Formal.

So fan theory #2: Maybe he's a janitor or a teaching assistant? Could explain why he's at the school but doesn't seem to fall in other age ranges.

• Brohoof 1

One of the things about EQ is that it's a major "kitchen sink" movie. Meghan included almost every character from the show and mostly did it to please the fans. Thinking about ages is tricky in the show and the movie throws everything out the window. It's almost not worth it. You can almost imagine what Meghan, and the other staff, were thinking when they showed a minor character.

Edited by Nature Spell