Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hoping for Sea Ponies in season 4?

H.P.Lovecolt24

The show has covered every sort of pony so far except one. Sea ponies were in the original from the 80s so they seem a logical choice to incorporate into the show. So i'm just curious why they haven't yet? and is anyone else hopeful they will in season 4?

I'm completely ignoring the book "Under the Sparkling sea" by the way.

post-17970-0-68470200-1376692159_thumb.jpg

I'm also hoping they look more like the mythological Celtic Kelpie. ^_^

Edited by H.P.Lovecolt24
  • Brohoof 7

Shoobee doo!  :)

All kidding aside, I'm not hoping for a comeback.  Their life underwater with fins instead of hooves seems too, I dunno, strange to me. 

But then again, everything about MLP is strange, so who am I to be against it?  :P 

I am rather divided on weather they should be added or if they should just dissolve into the past generations.  I'm wasn't a big fan of them in G1, but you know maybe the writers could pull off a story with them in it.  It's like a 22% want.

Edited by Dusty Soul

I don't know I don't really have a problem with them but I wouldn't lose sleep if they didn't show up. I kinda surprised they haven't yet it seems like an easy way of Hasbro to get some money w/o much effort. In the show it really depends on how they're handled like if they add a sea ponies to the mane cast then no, but if they're only there for one episode that's fine.

Oh wait a second we already have G4 seas ponies.

post-12750-0-62256000-1376694597.jpg

Edited by Rappy0
  • Brohoof 2

post-14402-0-70406000-1376698049_thumb.jpg

I don't know man-It's hard enough keeping track of all the characters now-how will it be if some of them are in what amounts to a completely diffeent world?

Imo there's enough character development with the one's we've got already to keep the show going for years, and obviously people have cottoned on to the show in an unprecedented fashion.

If it ain't broke...

I didn't really think about it until I saw this. That idea was so interesting to me that I decide to share a episode idea:

Maybe the Mane six and Spike go to a beach somewhere in Equestria. They were having a good time until they discover a different kind of pony race they didn't know or heard about: Sea Ponies! The sea ponies tells them that they live in a unknown kingdom underwater, but nobody even visits them there because the other ponies never heard of them. So, the mane six try to get other ponies to help the sea ponies try to make their kingdom known. Also, there is a song from the sea ponies.

I just think about this in my head, but that was just a idea. I don't think the show will pull this off because sea ponies didn't appear since G1.

It'd be so cool to find a sea pony in the show..! I was hoping for them, and I was thinking that it was in season four. I think my friend mentioned Celestia saying something about "Seaquestria," but I think that might just be another rumor...

With a fourth kind of pony, all the four elements would manage to be represented by a pony species: Earth as the earth ponies; wind as the pegasi; water as the sea ponies; and fire as the unicorns!

tumblr_m7c6ti1uaE1rzpi5so1_500.png

Did you say unicorns don't represent the element of fire?

I'm all for this idea, although wouldn't that mean the alicorns would be missing one element as they already possess the traits of the pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies? That would basically almost make them like the avatar lol.

Time to grow gills your Highnesses!

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

The idea of it seems pretty cool but to be frank it would most likely add more questions than answers. For instance where were the seaponies during the founding of Equestria? Why do they not exist or not known about until now?

It was like that with The Crystal Pony species. Just tacking on more species would likely add confusion.

Although guilty I have a idea they could properly introduce them but like I said, it would likely follow the same formula as The Crystal Empire did.

SHOOB DOOBEE DOOP.

If they do return, I want the theme song to come back as well...so catchy : 3. Also, considering every race seems to have its own state and ruler, will their ruler be some sort of pony posieden?

Sea Ponies? That would be interesting.. but how the Sea Pony in G4 will look like? I can't imagine it ;_;

I've seen arts with sea ponies but for me they didn't look so great..

With a fourth kind of pony, all the four elements would manage to be represented by a pony species: Earth as the earth ponies; wind as the pegasi; water as the sea ponies; and fire as the unicorns!

img-1756261-1-tumblr_m7c6ti1uaE1rzpi5so1

Did you say unicorns don't represent the element of fire?

I'm all for this idea, although wouldn't that mean the alicorns would be missing one element as they already possess the traits of the pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies? That would basically almost make them like the avatar lol.

Time to grow gills your Highnesses!

But they didn't start the fire...

It's always burning

Since the world's been turning

Now that I think about it, Equestria is a very significant geography:

Map_of_Equestria_April_2013.jpg

Notice how the important cities: Cloudsdale and Canterlot are in the center of the landmass, away from the sea.  Why would they put those cities there?

• Brohoof 1

But they didn't start the fire...

It's always burning

Since the world's been turning

Now that I think about it, Equestria is a very significant geography:

img-1758596-2-Map_of_Equestria_April_201

Notice how the important cities: Cloudsdale and Canterlot are in the center of the landmass, away from the sea.  Why would they put those cities there?

that's a good point. I'd like to see them encounter Sea Ponies and be terrified of them because other ponies only know them from mythology and believe that they will drag them down beneath the waves forever! so our mane 6 go on a quest and discover its not true. (kinda a hybrid of the crystal empire and the Zacora episodes).

But seahorses(ponies) are horses(ponies) only by name, like sea cows or guinea pigs. Besides they had the most ugly design of all ponies in G1. And as others already said the introduction of this race would be very problematic because of the plot.
We alredy have unique race of crystal ponies and...
You know what I really would like to see more - at least one episode about zebra ponies!!