Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 7 Color Scheme

Blue Moon

Okay, say a new pony would be added into the Mane 6 as a bearer of a new Element of Harmony, and by doing that; the Mane 6 would become the Mane 7 (not saying that this will or should happen. Keep that in mind.)

Anyway, if that were to happen, what color scheme would you like to see the new Element of Harmony bearer have? Please keep anything about whether there should be a new Element of Harmony pony out of this thread; this is a thread for discussing what color schemes for the new pony would be nice.

I personally think a green coated pony would be nice, but I'm not sure about the mane. There aren't a lot of green ponies in Equestria, and one would be nice to have.

Post what color schemes you think would be nice below.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 5

I want the Mane 7 bearer to have a dark blue coat with light blue eyes, it might not be an attractive scheme but it's a start. Since, I'm pretty fond of dark colors.

• Brohoof 1

I can run with green colors, but maybe that has something to do with the fact I like green. Also the fact there is like no green coat ponies in the show.

Heck i even drew my OC with the mane 6, if it applies to this :P

post-7861-0-99966000-1375150724.png

Just for comparison to the mane 6 i guess, excuse the fact I am a sucky artist :P.

Of course, i don't really want another mane 6 member technically, since it would mean another pony to cover backstory and have episodes for, and that means the screen time is split more, i think its already a difficult balance right now.

Also having the new member wield an element wouldn't make sense, seeing as if there was an element missing, then the elements wouldn't work in the first place.

Of course thats just if it where to actually get added.

Theoretically i think green would be a nice touch, doesn't have to be my Oc's coat, just a shade of green, a nice pastel shade probably.

• Brohoof 4

Green seems to be the popular choice, and it's what I'd go with too. Every other color is in the mane 6 somewhere. (Maybe not red, but Pinkie is pretty close.)

Green seems to be the popular choice, and it's what I'd go with too. Every other color is in the mane 6 somewhere. (Maybe not red, but Pinkie is pretty close.)

I was thinking of red as well, but I wasn't sure as we already have a pink pony, and a orange pony, and red is very similar to those colors.

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking of red as well, but I wasn't sure as we already have a pink pony, and a orange pony, and red is very similar to those colors.

Green is really the only color that isn't so closely related to most of the other colors, and having any of them being to similar in color scheme will look strange.

So green is a pretty natural pick, seeing as green isn't present in any of the mane 6's color schemes(Excluding Rainbows mane and Cutie marks)

• Brohoof 2

Green is really the only color that isn't so closely related to most of the other colors, and having any of them being to similar in color scheme will look strange.

So green is a pretty natural pick, seeing as green isn't present in any of the mane 6's color schemes(Excluding Rainbows mane and Cutie marks)

We could maybe have this color. I think it's different enough from Pinkie Pie and Applejack's color schemes.

Copy the following code, and paste it where it says "Enter HEX Value" in the following link.

Code: FF999A

Link: http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/28E500/

We could maybe have this color. I think it's different enough from Pinkie Pie and Applejack's color schemes.

Copy the following code, and paste it where it says "Enter HEX Value" in the following link.

Code: FF999A

Link: http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/28E500/

Eh, you could, but i think any interaction between pinkie and the new member would be strange, because the color scheme just seems to pink.

Really the color would have to contrast a good bit, or atleast more. Having a color to close to any other mane 6 member makes things feel a bit strange.

Not saying you couldn't, but the ponies right now all have pretty different color schemes, however they also take up like every color mostly, so yeah.

I suppose we could technically throw in a darker color like gray or black or something as a coat color, but I think its a bit dark compared to the pastel that the rest of the mane 6 are.

• Brohoof 1

I would want her to be Green too, and of course, to balance things out, a Unicorn. It would really fit with the rainbow magic of the Elements of Harmony, and what they completely lack is the key color Green. I wouldn't want her completely green, but something of a soft color like Granny Smith, then another fitting pastel color for her mane. Perhaps... red? Or maybe brown? And her eyes would be a orange color maybe? (Completely not related to the Apple-Family however)

As for the 7th element suggested in Twilight's cutie mark changing to 6 surrounding stars in Magical Mystery Cure, well...

Okay, Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter, Generosity, Kindness, Magic...

Friendship element, friendship element... um...

OH! Appreciation? Appreciating things is so key in making friendships last. So, that's my suggestions to Hasbro.

• Brohoof 1

I'm personally not a fan of green coat because it makes them look like they're sick but since green is a colour currently lacking in the mane six it'd make a good choice for the seventh.

I think Apple Dumpling here best visualizes the colour scheme I have in mind:

Apple_Dumpling_ID_S3E08.png

Maybe with yellow eyes and/or a more emerald coat but I like the red mane.

If I move away from green coats Candy Twirl's colours are nice; similar to Apple Bloom's:

apple_dumpling_by_fooblued-d5lj8tf.png

• Brohoof 4

As everyone else has said as the popular choice: green, or a type of shade of green (maybe Mint or Lime Green). Green isn't really used much for a ponies color scheme, so it would be nice to see something a bit different. Also, Green seems to "complete" the way the Mane 6's colors are on a color spectrum.

• Brohoof 1

i'd say that it would probably be a light green. maybe this color or something. they have a red, blue, purple, orange and yellow. nopony has the green yet as a major thing.

I think the pony should be light blue, with light blue eyes and a dark blue mane. She could be the Element of Purity.

And her talent would be recycling.

Isn't that a background pony named Bottlecap? (see my signature for picture reference.)

I'm personally not a fan of green coat because it makes them look like they're sick but since green is a colour currently lacking in the mane six it'd make a good choice for the seventh.

I think Apple Dumpling here best visualizes the colour scheme I have in mind:

img-1756099-1-Apple_Dumpling_ID_S3E08.pn

Maybe with yellow eyes and/or a more emerald coat but I like the red mane.

If I move away from green coats Candy Twirl's colours are nice; similar to Apple Bloom's:

img-1756099-2-apple_dumpling_by_fooblued

Apple Dumpling has a pretty nice color scheme.

Green would fit in, but they'd have to get the shade right. (Very pale, otherwise it would look way too bright and out of place) Actually, I think Sunset Shimmer or a pony with her palette would fit in really well colour wise too. :)

i would probably hug a random person if they gave her/him a cyan/baby blue coat, with a orange stripe running from mane to tail.

and preferably a cutiemark with the number six, and some gulf decals on her shoulders :3

html>

Well, I don't wanna boast but.. I want the pony to be white coat, gold eyes with bright blue, dark blue and purple mane with a rainbow coloured spark as a cutie mark, I want her to be the Element of Faith, an alicorn pony but doesn't steal the attention, a tomboy and has Asperger's syndrome. and speaks in a British accent.

Don't worry, everypony! Your ideas are great as well! (Squee!)

Edited by Harmony Spark